Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: BZFL - Rookie Draft Lounge

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I believe all 3 of the top RBs are going to have solid careers, if they stay healthy. They're all outstanding.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsuser101
    I like Williams as the best back as well. I liked him before the real draft and still like him. He's going to be a stud.

There were a lot of things I liked best about Williams. But he does fit my offense better than Brown or Benson. The only other positions I thought of taking that high were CB and T. But I have 2 young corners as is. I should let them develop before throwing money at another young CB.

Rich who would you have taken at 4?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    I believe all 3 of the top RBs are going to have solid careers, if they stay healthy. They're all outstanding.
    I like Brown a bit more then Benson but those 2 guys aren't better then Stephen Jackson or Kevin Jones imo. Thought both teams reached.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    Rich who would you have taken at 4?

Looking over your team, I would've gone for either Mike Williams, Ced Benson (I like him just a bit better than Cadillac, but both are great), or tried to trade down a bit for a guy like Thomas Davis.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Aw man! It looks like Devin isn't going to make his first pick. I know he said he was going to be out of town this weekend and wouldn't be back until Tuesday, but I thought he'd be on to make his pick or PM it to Eb or I @ the very least.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Looking over your team, I would've gone for either Mike Williams, Ced Benson (I like him just a bit better than Cadillac, but both are great), or tried to trade down a bit for a guy like Thomas Davis.

I dont see any need at WR or S.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I dont see any need at WR or S.
    I didn't look strictly from a need basis. I didn't really need to draft DJ w/ the 2nd pick, but for a team that's defensive-minded and considering he was the best defensive player on my board, it was hard to pass up. Same for the picks I said for you. You do have nice WRs, but adding Mike Williams would only enhance your offense. Addind Thomas Davis, who has been described by some to be on par w/ Roy Williams or Ronnie Lott, again would only make your defense better. Trust me, I'm set @ safety and if Davis is still around, I'll more than likely take him @ #19.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I didn't look strictly from a need basis. I didn't really need to draft DJ w/ the 2nd pick, but for a team that's defensive-minded and considering he was the best defensive player on my board, it was hard to pass up. Same for the picks I said for you. You do have nice WRs, but adding Mike Williams would only enhance your offense. Addind Thomas Davis, who has been described by some to be on par w/ Roy Williams or Ronnie Lott, again would only make your defense better. Trust me, I'm set @ safety and if Davis is still around, I'll more than likely take him @ #19.

And so you should. At 19 he is a steal.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Coming into the draft I only saw you with 2 future holes and you filled 1 of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 Times in 2,696 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Aw man! It looks like Devin isn't going to make his first pick. I know he said he was going to be out of town this weekend and wouldn't be back until Tuesday, but I thought he'd be on to make his pick or PM it to Eb or I @ the very least.

good news for me though.

anyway.... thought i'd give some of my expert analysis. Someone mentioned Boomer, so I'll fill in for him.

Braylon Edwards... the rumors prove true. Eb takes Edwards. A great pick. The best player in the draft by far goes #1.

Derrick Johnson... dropped int he real draft after he was critsized by a lot of teams for being too "finesse" and not a great tackler. He also lacked a lot of big plays on his resume. Maybe a bit high for him, but he has all the physical tools to be a great LB and will get every opportunity to learn in KC.

Cadillac Williams - he has the speed to make big plays. Does a very nice job of faling forward for extra yards. He needs to work on his hands as a reciever and it would be nice if he could put on a few more pounds of leg muscle... personally, I strongly prefer Ronnie Brown, but any of the top 3 RB's are solid choices in this draft.

Demarcus Ware.... If I had the #1 pick i would have considered Ware a lot. I really believe he will be the impact defensive player of this draft. He will play the role of Abraham/Terrell Suggs in the 3-4. Parcells said on draft day that Ware reminded him of a certain LB he once coached for the New York Giants. Some critisized him for being from Troy, a small school with lesser competition, but a guy name Jerry Rice went to a small school too. I was trying desperately to get an extra #1 to package them and move up to get Ware.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    'Bout time you brought your sorry butt here, Devin.

Ced Benson is a heck of a first pick. Good job.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Thanks bud, I was eyeing him all along, a lot of surprises here early!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 Times in 2,696 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    putting the boomer hat abck on....

Cedric "don't call me Ricky Williams" Benson..... I've been pver the RB's a bit already... Cedric is so like Ricky it's unfunny. Big and powerful. went to Texas. Dreads. few minor indescretions for weed. BUT.... he also runs like Ricky and I think we can assume his career won't end the same way. Like I said, I prefer Brown, but you can't go wrong with these top 3 RB's.

Boomer cap off....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh!
    Derrick Johnson... dropped int he real draft after he was critsized by a lot of teams for being too "finesse" and not a great tackler. He also lacked a lot of big plays on his resume. Maybe a bit high for him, but he has all the physical tools to be a great LB and will get every opportunity to learn in KC.

I always love when the NFL scouts get holier than thou around draft time and start looking to tear apart blue chippers. I'll take a "wait and see" approach on DJ. The guy got the job done against major college competition and was impressive.................until around draft day, that is. So be it. I could be wrong and he could be a bust, or DJ could become another Randy Moss or Warren Sapp type player that will make plenty of teams sorry that they doubted him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Nice pick in Johnson, I dont think you could have gone wrong with him or Ware.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I have only been 2-6 with my mock.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I always love when the NFL scouts get holier than thou around draft time and start looking to tear apart blue chippers. I'll take a "wait and see" approach on DJ. The guy got the job done against major college competition and was impressive.................until around draft day, that is. So be it. I could be wrong and he could be a bust, or DJ could become another Randy Moss or Warren Sapp type player that will make plenty of teams sorry that they doubted him.
    May be true but Sapp and Moss had off the field problems which is why they fell.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I have only been 2-6 with my mock.
    You got my pick right just with the wrong pick. O'Canada got the pick right for me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    Nice pick in Johnson, I dont think you could have gone wrong with him or Ware.
    Ware was a bit too one dimensional for me, @ least for the time being. Like I said, I had DJ as the top defensive player on my board. Ware was strongly considered, but in the end, I decided to stay true to my board.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Moving right along, the big 3 RB's are gone now.