Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: BZFL - Rookie Draft Lounge

Thanks
    Thanked 4,533 Times in 2,696 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    I always love when the NFL scouts get holier than thou around draft time and start looking to tear apart blue chippers. I'll take a "wait and see" approach on DJ. The guy got the job done against major college competition and was impressive.................until around draft day, that is. So be it. I could be wrong and he could be a bust, or DJ could become another Randy Moss or Warren Sapp type player that will make plenty of teams sorry that they doubted him.
    To be honest Rich I wasn't high on him.... now, I did like him more than Merriman. And I thought it was overblown with all the finesse talk. The guy was a top top player and then at draft time he drops... makes no sense. Like I said, i wasn'tthat high onhim to begin with personally, but I don't see him being a "bust" at all. At worst he becomes as cery solid LB if not spectacular. He'll be a quality starter for a long time without a doubt.... it's just whether he can make the jump from solid starter to dominant LB that i wonder about.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Not sure who to pick! Didn't expect all these guys on my list to still be here.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsuser101
    May be true but Sapp and Moss had off the field problems which is why they fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh!
    To be honest Rich I wasn't high on him.... now, I did like him more than Merriman. And I thought it was overblown with all the finesse talk. The guy was a top top player and then at draft time he drops... makes no sense. Like I said, i wasn'tthat high onhim to begin with personally, but I don't see him being a "bust" at all. At worst he becomes as cery solid LB if not spectacular. He'll be a quality starter for a long time without a doubt.... it's just whether he can make the jump from solid starter to dominant LB that i wonder about.

...which is why I'm going to "wait and see" regarding DJ. Time will tell, fellas.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    OOOPS...

I missed one... Boomer hat back on.

Troy Williamson.... played in an offense in college that didn't throw much at all. Everyone was pretty surprised when the Vikes passed on BMW to take him. But he has elite speed, great size and hands and will be Randy Moss's replacement. I honestly don't know. He needs a LOT of polish but his phycal tools are incredible. Classic boom or bust WR. he could be ULTRA ELITE or he could be a BUST. he's a risky pick but one that could pay HUGE dividends.

Ronnie Brown... my top rated RB.... has it all. blazing speed... great size... fantastic hands as a reciever... We are going to hate this guy forever. I'd really rather face Ricky Williams twice a year than him.

this says it all:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Antrell Rolle... was my top rated CB. some feel he is more of a FS than a CB but i disagree. He's like a better Winfield. A bit smallish but makes up for it with great physical skills and savvy. hard hitter who is great in run support. Unlike WInfield he has very good hands and will jump route to pick off passes. Has game breaking ability. He comes from a very good family (no relation to samari) and while he had 1 small legal run in it was really an isolated incident and i would not expect him to have the same sort of probelms other UofM players have beenhaving.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    nic pick at CB Jags :)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    nic pick at CB Jags :)
    Thanks.

Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace RetroRaiders81's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    It was a complitcated morning for the Retro Raiders, They had there eyes set on Cedrick Benson, thinking Ronnie Brown would be gone, but Brown it is. I had this guy on top of my list because of his great hands. We hope to have one of the best passing games in the league, and he adds that extra element. This levels out my offense more, with productive yards from Brown, play-action will keep defenses unsure of what were bringing.
    The Houston Retro Raiders.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I am a little surprised you went O, as I thought for sure youd go D. But either way with a pick like Brown its hard to go wrong.

Goldmines really could have used a QB was a little surprised they went WR.

Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace RetroRaiders81's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Thank god you showed up Devin, I sent a list to you and EB, and Eb took off.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I am a little surprised you went O, as I thought for sure youd go D. But either way with a pick like Brown its hard to go wrong.

Goldmines really could have used a QB was a little surprised they went WR.
    Yeah Harrington!!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    someone said they were trading their 1st... PM me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    lmao exactly.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I'm going to have have a rough choice.....

i have a list 5 players that i didn't think i would have as many options left..... nto sure what to do.

I could go WR/CB/QB/S/LB......

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I have a good idea on who I'm taking, but there's still a long way to go before my 19th pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    god dammit... where did Devin go? I am deciding between 2 players and i am not sure which one to go with. but they could both go to people who missed picks if he waits his full 15.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Calm down Tiger, i made my pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    And an excellent pick it was, Devin. I could end up real upset that I passed on Williams.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Hes a big physical player (the kind I know you like) and I wanted to add another quality WR in the event I cut Harrison.

Ive always liked WIlliams and think he will be a great NFL player, as they say "He has all the tools"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Hes a big physical player (the kind I know you like) and I wanted to add another quality WR in the event I cut Harrison.

Ive always liked WIlliams and think he will be a great NFL player, as they say "He has all the tools"
    Yeah. I really did want to take Williams. When I first found out that I had the 2nd overall pick, that's who I was planning to take. But, then I decided to continue to build a dominant, young defense like the Ravens did, so I had to get DJ.