• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Devin
    I am a little surprised you went O, as I thought for sure youd go D. But either way with a pick like Brown its hard to go wrong.

Goldmines really could have used a QB was a little surprised they went WR.
    Yeah Harrington!!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
      • Mar 2004

someone said they were trading their 1st... PM me.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

lmao exactly.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

I'm going to have have a rough choice.....

i have a list 5 players that i didn't think i would have as many options left..... nto sure what to do.

I could go WR/CB/QB/S/LB......

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

I have a good idea on who I'm taking, but there's still a long way to go before my 19th pick.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

god dammit... where did Devin go? I am deciding between 2 players and i am not sure which one to go with. but they could both go to people who missed picks if he waits his full 15.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Calm down Tiger, i made my pick.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

And an excellent pick it was, Devin. I could end up real upset that I passed on Williams.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Hes a big physical player (the kind I know you like) and I wanted to add another quality WR in the event I cut Harrison.

Ive always liked WIlliams and think he will be a great NFL player, as they say "He has all the tools"

Comment

• R. Rich
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                      Hes a big physical player (the kind I know you like) and I wanted to add another quality WR in the event I cut Harrison.

Ive always liked WIlliams and think he will be a great NFL player, as they say "He has all the tools"
                      Yeah. I really did want to take Williams. When I first found out that I had the 2nd overall pick, that's who I was planning to take. But, then I decided to continue to build a dominant, young defense like the Ravens did, so I had to get DJ.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                        • Mar 2004

I was probably going to go with BMW if you let him drop. It wasn't my top need and i like some of the WR's later in the draft too... BUT I just couldn't pass up his talent.

But It's okay... I filled what i felt was my biggest need with the guy i had neck and neck with Rolle. I also got an elite KR/PR in the process. I'm happy.

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

You done good w/ drafting Pac Man, O Canada.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                            • Mar 2004

too bad i can't get a late 1st like i'vebeen trying to do forever!

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

Yeah Adam Jones was third for me, if Jags hadnt taken Rolle he would have been my pick.

I was seriously torn til the last minute but ultimatley talent won out.

Comment

• The King
                                Without me it's just Awe so
                                • Jun 2004

17th pick can be taken from me for the right offer.
                                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                                It was all
                                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
                                X