X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard
    Rich I cant tell you how hard it was to pass over Davis at that spot. It was about filling a need though. DT was a much bigger need for us to fill.
    That's the beauty of this draft, though. You'll get good value because there's only 20 teams. I traded up into the 19th spot to get either Mark Clayton, Marcus Spears, or Davis, and of the 3, Davis was the one I was sure would be gone by then. I thought Clayton might still be around and I was pretty sure Spears would be. As we were coming up on the draft, I started doing more research on Davis, and I was really impressed. If you read the "Dossier" magazine, I said in there that the Assassins were very interested in Davis.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
      Coming into the draft I only saw you with 2 future holes and you filled 1 of them.
      And now you've filled both of them.
      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
        And now you've filled both of them.

I was well aware of what I needed to do today. I picked up the best RB and DT available I feel. And it didnt really cost me anything. If Brown had still been available I wouldve taken him. And hoped for Patterson or Castillo late but I am done for the day and have my pick all set for tommorow. Shouldnt suprise many.
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
          I was well aware of what I needed to do today. I picked up the best RB and DT available I feel. And it didnt really cost me anything. If Brown had still been available I wouldve taken him. And hoped for Patterson or Castillo late but I am done for the day and have my pick all set for tommorow. Shouldnt suprise many.
          Yup. I like what you did.
          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

My biggest issue with Jackson is paying him 5 million. If he has a great year I will keep him around but for 5 Mill I expect big things. Also Jackson and Williams are a great 1-2 punch Jackson and the other 2 RBs this year are too similar.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

I couldn't have asked for a better draft. I got my #1 rated player and #4 rated player. I didn't really go by position just my rankings.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Not a bad strategy in a weak draft.
                It was all

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

Nice job in 1st round

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

yeah... but to be honest i do an in between theory. I go by rankings to a degree... but there was no way i was taking ronnie brown at my pick had he been there (or any rb)... i have lewis and Westbrook who are both under 25 and very solid.

however... had a WR i wanted been there I would have pulled the trigger over a bigger need.

my draft board looked something like:

Edwards
                    Ware
                    Williams
                    Rolle/Jones
                    Davis

Comment

• R. Rich
                      • Apr 2003

I'm good to go w/ my first round picks as well. In another season or two, my defense will be outstanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

My top three were:

Edwards
                        Ware
                        Rolle

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                          Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                          • Mar 2005

Mine were:

1.Ronnie Brown
                          2. Cedric Benson
                          3. Caddie
                          4. Antrell Rolle
                          5. Pac Man

So I got who I targeted at # 8
                          The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Yeah I probably should have gone Defense, but I really liked Benson and Williams is a stud.
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                              Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Devin
                              Yeah I probably should have gone Defense, but I really liked Benson and Williams is a stud.
                              Damn right, too much talent to pass up. My mindset is defense now.
                              The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• The King
                                • Jun 2004

I had Edwards, Cadillac, Benson, Brown, J. Brown, DJ, Ware
                                It was all

Comment

Working...
                                X