Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Golden Brewsers

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Golden Brewsers

Just a little over an hour before the BZFL Rookie draft and breaking news from the Brewsers Camp.

It has been rumored that Coach Jim Mora Sr. will not be present in the war room today. On Hand was GM Bedard, OC Phill Sims and DC Dick Lebeau all of which declined comment.

Could prove to be a very interesting day for the Golden Brewsers of Denver.

Also the Brewsers would like to announce their official sponsors for the 2005 season.

Coors Light- The Official Light Beer
    Sam Adams-Official Beer
    PEPSI-Official Softdrink
    Seagrams 7-Official Hard Drink
    Fenway Franks-Official Hotdog
    Puma-Official Sportswear

Best Buy-Official Team Sponsor. www.bestbuy.com Turn on the fun.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The War room in Denver has been quiet. The Brewsers have put an offer out to move down a few spots. Feeling they can get their man with a later pick. Still no sign of Jim Mora Sr.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    The Golden Brewsers will be trading "The Bus" in for a "Cadillac". With Jerome Bettis in the late stages in his career we couldnt pass up the opportunity to bring Carnell Williams into our family. Williams is the kind of playmaker that can be successful without a great offensive line, he can flat out make things happen.

Jamaal Brown the OT from Oklahoma was #1 on the Brewsers board for weeks. Rumor has it GM Bedard pushed for Williams late last week, without the support of HC Jim Mora Sr. Our speculation is that with Stephen Jackson's 5 million dollar price tag, the GB's expect big things. If he doesnt perform, having Williams on the roster makes Jackson expendable.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Jamaal Brown was your top choice? Really? He's okay, but I don't know if I'd take him that high in the first round. This group of OTs is not very solid this year, and I feel he's been overvalued because of that. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. After all, I could've sworn that the Saints were trading up ahead of KC so that they could draft Derrick Johnson in the actual NFL draft. Maybe Brown is just better than I think he is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    Jamaal Brown was your top choice? Really? He's okay, but I don't know if I'd take him that high in the first round. This group of OTs is not very solid this year, and I feel he's been overvalued because of that. Maybe I'll be proven wrong. After all, I could've sworn that the Saints were trading up ahead of KC so that they could draft Derrick Johnson in the actual NFL draft. Maybe Brown is just better than I think he is.
    My O-Line is very questionable. It needs help. Ultimately I did feel #4 was too high to take him. But in a league like this sometimes needs are more important than value.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    There has been quite a bit of action in the Brewsers war room. The phone rang at about 10:45 and GM Bedard has been on the line ever since. We will keep you posted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Just Announced.

The LA Aztecs and The Golden Brewsers have reached a deal. Aztecs send their 17th overall pick to Denver for a 2nd, 3rd and 6th. I wonder what the Brewsers have in mind.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    They'd better have in mind to post the trade in the appropriate thread and to have it confirmed before making a pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    With the 17th pick overall we select DT Travis Johnson FS.

We tried to put ourselves in position to address our Offensive Line but with Brown going just a few picks ahead we addressed our second biggest need, DT. We thought heavily into drafting Safety Thomas Davis but we simply dont need to draft a safety.

Having youth at DT will allow a smooth transition, when Spires decides to leave the game. The future of Stroud and Johnson is downright scary.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    With the 4th pick in the 3rd round of the 2005 BZFL Rookie Draft, The Golden Brewsers of Denver select...... OJ Atogwe S Stanford.

While many will think we pulled the trigger early on OJ, this was a player we just had to have. GM Bedard did not believe OJ would be available with the final pick of the 4th round, so he got his man early. Atogwe is a versatile safety who is a born leader, he hits like Tebucky Jones and is effective in coverage. We believe his versatility will also allow him a few reps at LBer. OJ fits our scheme and team philosophy better than any of the safeties in this years draft. We are very excitied to add this young man to our roster.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    you're on my list too!
    Its been a quiet day in Denver. The Brewsers tried to move around early but with Adam Terry off the board they will stay put until the last pick of the day.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    With the final pick of the 4th round The Golden Brewsers nabbed WR Courtney Roby WR from Indiana.

Too valuable to pass up this late in the draft. Courtney is a little undersized but will be a great #4 option at WR. With Troy Brown on the last leg of his career Roby will provide relief and continue to get better playing with the likes of Hines Ward and Santana Moss.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    With the first pick in the 5th round the Golden Brewsers select... Calvin Armstrong OT from Wash State.

Going with a size matters mentality the Brewsers took the biggest tackle they could find a 6'7 311lb monster in Armstrong. We liked that Calvin played in a passing programs at Washington State and he will provide us with depth at a position in which we are a bit short. He also may be able to move inside and play at the guard position.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    With the first pick in the 7th round the Golden Brewsers select.. DE Chauncey Davis FS.

Davis a teamate of 2st rounder Travis Johnson is only a one year starter, however he is aggressive on the end, and we do not need him to make an immediate impact. He attacks the offensive line like a rapid dog and we feel this tenacity could lead him into a starting lineup and suprise many.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    With the final pick (The Buffalo's Ass Award) in the 2005 BZFL Rookie draft The Golden Brewsers select.... OT Adam Kieft Central Mich.

Adam is another 6'7 monster at 337 lbs he is a roadblock. The Brewsers felt size at tackle was a priority Adams wing span is flat out un-matched he should protect Carr for years to come.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Official Press Release from Denver.

Head Coach Jim Mora Sr. is refreshed after attending a one week anger management course. He is happy with the Rookie draft results and looks foward to working with the future of the team.

He also announced that Phillip Rivers will start in the Brewsers first exhibition game vs. the Oklahoma Outlaws. "We really want to give Phillip every opportunity this preseason." Mora said. Stephen Jackson will play very little in the preseason opener and Teyo Johnson and Doug Jolley will battle it out to see who the starting TE will be.

Other Position Battles include....
    CB2: Azumah vs. Spencer
    DB5: Heard vs. Smith
    WR4:Brown vs. Glenn
    RG: Bober vs. Naoele
    RDE: Brown vs. Green
    LOLB:Ayodele vs. Thompson

We will keep you posted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Golden Brewsers

Press Conference Quotes from Coach Jim Mora Sr.

"Despite our Pre-season record I am very happy with our teams performance. We had a few guys who really stepped up for us and some suprises as well. As far as our position battles go Ronnie Heard has earned himself the Dimeback spot. Ronnie is a safety by nature, he has shown great awareness on the field and his tackling ability is superior to that of Smiths. Jarvis Green will be starting opposite Ogunleye as well. Courtney Brown has not shown the quickness we expected from him and is week against the run."

"We are excited to get the season underway, OC Phil Simms held back quite a bit in the pre-season keeping Stephen Jackson out of the lineup and playing a more conservative offense. We plan to come out strong using our WR packages to exploit secondaries that simply cannot match-up."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

To quote Mora....

"Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game!"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Or here's another favorite of mine....

"We couldn't do diddley-poo offensively. We couldn't make a first down. We didn't run the ball. We didn't try to run the ball. We couldn't complete a pass. We sucked."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quotes From The Golden Brewers 5th Quarter.
    06/29/2005 33-13L

"You have to be kidding me!! A team built to stop the run, lets up close to 200 yards. I will be speaking with Coach Lebeau about the necessary personel changes we need to make to prevent this **** from happening again."

"David was a leader today, taking an uninspired offense and carrying them on his back, we wanted a strong downfield attack today and David gaves us all he had."

"Losing Stephen is not why we lost this game. Lets get that straight. We lost this game because our Defense sucked." -Jim Mora Sr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "We just were not able to move the ball on the ground today, I thought our recievers did a great job spreading out the secondary, but we just were not able to taking advantage of that."

"I think the line did a good job today, they didnt have an easy job. I threw the ball close to 50 times, and for the most part I had time."

"Its important we look at the film and kind of start from ground zero again. Getting Stephen ready to go for next is key" -David Carr
    Last edited by The King; 06-29-2005 at 12:20 PM.