• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

J.P. Gets It

He is really making it hard for me to stay "cautiously optomistic."

We all know he has the tools, but this seems like a guy that will refuse to be mediocure.

He works hard, wants to lead, wants to be great and has all of the tools including the mental game that cough.. cough ..;.. RJ didn't have.

I cannot wait for this season to start.

AND above all that, mostly he has to just give it to Willis.

This seems almost criminal.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

I will remain cautiously optimistic. You still can't tell if all that correct attitude and physical gifts will translate to the field until you line him up across the line of scrimmage from a bunch of big, fast mean defensive players. The operative word is "optimistic" though. I'm very hopefull he'll be fine.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

I am very worried. And have been. I want him to "make it" Looking back at whatever i've seen from last year, nothing has said he will "make it"
      - will just go by his ethnic & the cast around him..
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• Meathead
        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
        He is really making it hard for me to stay "cautiously optomistic."
        Rut Roh Rorge
        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Darth Krumrie
          I am very worried. And have been. I want him to "make it" Looking back at whatever i've seen from last year, nothing has said he will "make it"
          - will just go by his ethnic & the cast around him..
          His ethnic?
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• juice
            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
            His ethnic?
            Don't bring race into this Darth.. we know the guy Latin.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

I hope it's more than just giving it to Willis. I want to see some surprise attacks down field, and I don't want Willis getting pounded on "most of the time" as you put it.
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ryven
                • Jan 2003

I am optimistic that he will be fine but if nothing else he has put more effort in to learning an training than any QB the bills have had since Jim Kelly and to me that will be an upgrade just because he is willing to correct his mistakes.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

We will know about JP very soon.

I went to Jim Kelly's first game as a Bill. On one play he stumbled and fell on the ball, pushed himself off the ground with the ball in his hand and threw it in the endzone for a TD. We lost the game but I knew right there that he was the guy.
                  We will know after the home opener if we have something or not. The Bills getting Holcomb was a coup so I'm not that worried about QB. I am more worried about RB because we have no legitimate back-up.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

I think we have to remain cautiously optimistic. He looked decent in preseason last year. Of course so do a lot of guys. In all fairness the two times he played last year, during the regular season, aren't a real good barometer. He's out most of the year with a broken leg, the first time he gets on the field is against a ravenous Patriots defense that was just beating the hell out of us at that point. He didn't stand a chance in hell. The other time against the 49ers, we were so far ahead that he did nothing but hand the ball to Shaud Williams....not one pass attempt. Maybe he got in more, but I don't recall.

At this point he's doing and saying all the right things, and obviously has the physical tools, but we have no idea how he'll respond at game time. I think cautiously optimistic is certainly the way to go.

Comment

• CanaanVtBills
                      • Jun 2005

It's great hearing all the armchair Quarterbacks giving their input.

I feel it's very safe to say that all of the training he has done is meaningless scrimmages or pre season games. Let's not get ignorant and say how can I say that. You know what I mean.
                      Didn't he break his leg before he had even 10 snaps?
                      Was it his fault?
                      The O Line?
                      That wasn't even a regualr season game

It's all about the regular season. Let's take it one game at a time. First stop the texans
                      Yes it seems like JP reminds many of us about Kelly, Flutie(blue collar hardnose), but he never will be a Kelly or a Flutie.
                      He will make his own name.

It's all about who can withstand PRESSURE. The media, fans, and all the other things before his first actual start to me isn't real pressure. His first game is the pressure cooker. Will he puke on his shoes and look like a bumbling idiot out there? What if he has a bad game? Can he hold ihis head up and go at it the next week with a great positive additude? For all we know he may be deep inside a super cocky guy with a additude of I'm going to be a winner right of the bat.
                      What if for some reason we lose a string of games and he is getting bashed by the media and the fans who fell off the RA rah Losman wagon like so many Buffalo Fans do.
                      How about of our O line falls apart and he gets smacked down with a few real head spinning sacks.

Can he stand that type of pressure.

Give me one season J.P Losman

I know what the hell do I know
                      I know just as much as all of you in here
                      I too want a damn rind so bad
                      I want to re live them days of WERE BAAAAACK

I just get so nervous getting hyped up and then like for example last year
                      POW! right in the nuts "Back To Reality"
                      On May 12, 2004 the Buffalo Bills welcomed their newest fan, and our son T-4.
                      One amazing thing to say about the birth of my son is that on the day we found out we were going to be parents is opening day for the 2003-04 season the day the Bills destroyed the Pats 31-0. It couldn't have been a happier day for me.
                      Needless to say the Pats beat us on the last day of the season by the identical score and unfortunately won another ring, never the less the traditon in my family continues.
                      At least while you live under my roof your a Bills fan.

Comment

• BidsJr
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by CanaanVtBills

And you are one as well, thanks for joining!
                        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• CanaanVtBills
                          • Jun 2005

I agree Bidsjr
                          Honestly I wish Raplh would take a look at some of the things members have to say in here.
                          I think a few members belong on the Bills staff
                          On May 12, 2004 the Buffalo Bills welcomed their newest fan, and our son T-4.
                          One amazing thing to say about the birth of my son is that on the day we found out we were going to be parents is opening day for the 2003-04 season the day the Bills destroyed the Pats 31-0. It couldn't have been a happier day for me.
                          Needless to say the Pats beat us on the last day of the season by the identical score and unfortunately won another ring, never the less the traditon in my family continues.
                          At least while you live under my roof your a Bills fan.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            I went to Jim Kelly's first game as a Bill. On one play he stumbled and fell on the ball, pushed himself off the ground with the ball in his hand and threw it in the endzone for a TD. We lost the game but I knew right there that he was the guy.
                            We will know after the home opener if we have something or not. The Bills getting Holcomb was a coup so I'm not that worried about QB. I am more worried about RB because we have no legitimate back-up.
                            I was at that game, too. Yeah, it was very exciting seeing somebody who obviously had great talent behind center.

But recall that even with all his USFL experience he still struggled pretty badly at times that season. Remember how he kept throwing INT after INT right across the middle of the field? It took him half a season to stop doing that. JP might be the next coming of JK and Brett Favre combined, but he definitely is going to struggle badly at times.
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• TedMock
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CanaanVtBills

I feel it's very safe to say that all of the training he has done is meaningless scrimmages or pre season games. Let's not get ignorant and say how can I say that. You know what I mean.
                              Didn't he break his leg before he had even 10 snaps?
                              Was it his fault?
                              The O Line?
                              That wasn't even a regualr season game

It's all about the regular season. Let's take it one game at a time. First stop the texans
                              Yes it seems like JP reminds many of us about Kelly, Flutie(blue collar hardnose), but he never will be a Kelly or a Flutie.
                              He will make his own name.

It's all about who can withstand PRESSURE. The media, fans, and all the other things before his first actual start to me isn't real pressure. His first game is the pressure cooker. Will he puke on his shoes and look like a bumbling idiot out there? What if he has a bad game? Can he hold ihis head up and go at it the next week with a great positive additude? For all we know he may be deep inside a super cocky guy with a additude of I'm going to be a winner right of the bat.
                              What if for some reason we lose a string of games and he is getting bashed by the media and the fans who fell off the RA rah Losman wagon like so many Buffalo Fans do.
                              How about of our O line falls apart and he gets smacked down with a few real head spinning sacks.

Can he stand that type of pressure.

Give me one season J.P Losman

I know what the hell do I know
                              I know just as much as all of you in here
                              I too want a damn rind so bad
                              I want to re live them days of WERE BAAAAACK

I just get so nervous getting hyped up and then like for example last year
                              POW! right in the nuts "Back To Reality"
                              So you're cautiously optimistic like the rest of us. None of us feel that he's a sure-fire star, or a sure bust. It sounds like every poster in this thread is on the same page. That's a refreshing change of pace!

Comment

Working...
                              X