X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Griese on not playing finale: 'It hurts'

DENVER -- Quarterback Brian Griese questioned his future with the Denver Broncos on Wednesday after learning he will not start against Arizona even if his sprained left knee is healthy.

Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said Steve Beuerlein will start against the Cardinals on Sunday as Denver clings to slim playoff hopes.

"It would be very important for me to finish on the field. But Mike told me that Steve is going to play on Sunday so I'm not going to have that opportunity,'' Griese said. "It hurts. That's not my decision to make. If I could change it I would, I can't so I've got to deal with it.''
    ....more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ArcticWildMan

Brian Griese is done as the starting QB in Denver. He may even be done as a starting QB in the NFL. His play is too inconsistant and he has wayyy too much personal baggage.

Comment

• SoFL-Cheesehead
      • Nov 2002

well if Griese doesn't stay with the Broncos, there would be a lot of teams willing to take him as a FA!!
      Spelling and Grammer IS overrated!!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Originally posted by SoFL-Cheesehead
        well if Griese doesn't stay with the Broncos, there would be a lot of teams willing to take him as a FA!!

In a starting capacity or as a backup?

He could possibly get a look from Chicago or Arizona, but that's about it for possible starting jobs, and both of those are a reach!

Comment

• honey
          • Aug 2002

How about Cincinnati? Or Dallas? I like Griese, I think he's not bad - Plummer might be out, tho.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Griese feeling good enough to back up Beuerlein

Brian Griese had little trouble with his sprained left knee in practice on Thursday, clearing the way for him to back up Steve Beuerlein against Arizona.

more
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
            X