Thread: BFZ FHL #1 Update 12/30

BFZ Hockey Commissioner Don Cherry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BFZ FHL #1 Update 12/30

Well, it looks like we all shook off the Christmas ham and are ready to tackle the second half of the NHL Season.

The Standings are as stagnant as my neighbor's green swimming pol in July- he doesn't beleive in chlorine.

Eat my Shorts made a move into 3rd past the Berkley Bashers. Pavol Demetria and Markus Naslund combined for 7 goals 8 assists for Eat My Shorts.

If there are three constants in life, it's death, taxes, and Ally's last place team. In 8 categories out of 15, she's dead last. Dozerdogs passed her in the assists department last week adding one more brick to her load. Hey Ally, I hear coach Dick LeBeau of the Bengals just came available!

In an effort to rejuvinate her sagging club, Ally traded her top defenseman, Nicklas Lidstrom, for Ollie the Golie, Olaf Kolzig.

This trade perplexes me from the Leaf Blowers prospective. Yes, Kolzig has been hurt and inconsistent. And while he's the 43rd ranked player overall, the Blowers have 2 top 10 players in net. But the Blowers have 2 top defensemen already in MacInnis and Poti. As we speak his 3 goalie rotation has earned him maximum pooints for Goalie starts, Goalie wins, and shares 3rd place in shutouts.

By dealing Kolzig he will drop off on Goalie starts and wins and probably lose the top spots in those categries to the Dozerdogs. Just dropping 1 spot in those 2 categories to the Dozerdogs is equal to a 4 point swing. The 3 goalie rotation was working. I just don't see what areas Lidstrom improves the Leaf Blower squad. Maybe the Blowers improve a few slots in the +/- race, but that's about it. Kolzig, while unspectacular, contributed more in a bunch of obscure categories instead of being great in just 1.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    top players of the week

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Top Goalies of the week

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Who says I'm done dealing???

Legendary Zoner Earthquake Enyart's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Looks like the Dozerdogs could use a defenseman....