Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's FTP???

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Where's FTP???

As usual, FTP disappears when reality hits him and he realizes he's wrong. It looks like Gus has been all but named the starter:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front

With the Dolphins considering bringing Tim Couch in, I wonder if they might want to consider Phillip Rivers from SD. Personally, I don't think he's great and I don't like his style, but some people do. He might also be a little expensive - but when you are desperate...

If they go in with what they have, they are essentially conceding the season and waiting to get a franchise QB next year along with some serious Oline help...and we all know that QBs rarely produce in their 1st year, so this means that they are pushing off a decent season for 2-3 years!!!

Are the fairweather Miami fans going to stick it out with their team through the thick and thin with Saban for that long?

Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth Dicknoze69's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Where's FTP???

Rivers will be starting in San Diego next year. They will either let Brees walk or pull a TD/Peerless trick and deal him.

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Drew Brees might end up in MIA next year as a FA.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If I am Miami I would rather hold out for Leinhart then take Rivers or Brees. Miami needs a fresh start.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Look under the rock FTP has crawled under.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    If I am Miami I would rather hold out for Leinhart then take Rivers or Brees. Miami needs a fresh start.
    I was just going to say that.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    As usual, FTP disappears when reality hits him and he realizes he's wrong.
    he's somewhere feeling the pain of that news.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MBBedard
    Even though starting over with Leinhart would mean they would also need a new defense by the time he's ready to contribute? Their Defense is aging as we speak. I mean, in their locker room, it must sound like popping plastic bubble wrap every time they stretch...

Mind you...I'm not saying I care, but I just think that this path will lead them on a long journey before they are a good team again - and I have to wonder if the fairweather Miami fans would be willing to take that long or if they would turn on Saban long before...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    he's somewhere feeling the pain of that news.
    LOL! From the looks of it, he's going to be feeling the pain for some time. How astute of him to choose such an appropriate name...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd take Rivers, that is a fresh start, but I still think AJ's the answer and Gus's the stop gap until AJ is fully caught up on this system.

Reach for the stars

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What a great 2nd round pick Feely was.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    As usual, FTP disappears when reality hits him and he realizes he's wrong. It looks like Gus has been all but named the starter:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...dolphins-front

With the Dolphins considering bringing Tim Couch in, I wonder if they might want to consider Phillip Rivers from SD. Personally, I don't think he's great and I don't like his style, but some people do. He might also be a little expensive - but when you are desperate...

If they go in with what they have, they are essentially conceding the season and waiting to get a franchise QB next year along with some serious Oline help...and we all know that QBs rarely produce in their 1st year, so this means that they are pushing off a decent season for 2-3 years!!!

Are the fairweather Miami fans going to stick it out with their team through the thick and thin with Saban for that long?
    As usual you believe evrything you read, unless someone bashes your team ofcourse, then they are idiots who don't know anything about football. How terribly mature of you. I'm still here and will be, I'll enjoy the fact that the Bills will be avg. once again and lucky to split with any division rival. I also read that Miami's D is getting older as we speak....really, I guess yours never agaes huh?? I think we added much more and younger players to our D this year and all you did was lose a run stuffer and added nothing, zero,zip,notta ,nothing sorta like your personality!! No, check that....exactly like your personality.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    As usual you believe evrything you read, unless someone bashes your team ofcourse, then they are idiots who don't know anything about football. How terribly mature of you. I'm still here and will be, I'll enjoy the fact that the Bills will be avg. once again and lucky to split with any division rival. I also read that Miami's D is getting older as we speak....really, I guess yours never agaes huh?? I think we added much more and younger players to our D this year and all you did was lose a run stuffer and added nothing, zero,zip,notta ,nothing sorta like your personality!! No, check that....exactly like your personality.
    Baghdad Bob, Michael Jackson, and Feelthepain...all classic cases of denial.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Really, name the younger players that Miami added to the defense. And Buffalo's defense was 2nd in the NFL last year, what did they really need to add? Another really stupid post from FTP.
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

As usual you believe evrything you read, unless someone bashes your team ofcourse, then they are idiots who don't know anything about football.
    Right. Like the recent NFL power rankings. No doubt written by idiots. Fins 30th?
    finsrclowns

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21
    What a great 2nd round pick Feely was.

Not any worse than that first rounder you guys coughed up for Drew Bledsoe. Plus, you gave it to a fellow team within the AFC East. Smart move Buffalo.

As for conceding, I doubt it. I don't think any team concedes anything. If that was the case, Brees would be out of San Diego and Rivers would be starting. Brees hung tough, played hard and won.

While I don't doubt that Miami is looking for a longer term solution at QB ( please god not Tim Couch ), I don't think they would be stupid enough to "tank" a season by starting Gus for any number of reasons. Be it to get Leinart ( who BTW, is coming of a serious shoulder surgery ), Omar Jacobs or Drew Brees. Players at this level aren't geared like that and neither are the coaches.

Where did this label of fairwethered fin fans come from? Hell, the same can be said about Buffalo fans. Those fairwethered Bills fans are horrible...see? Simple as that. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Really, name the younger players that Miami added to the defense. And Buffalo's defense was 2nd in the NFL last year, what did they really need to add? Another really stupid post from FTP.

Well, Channing Crowder who has been tearing it up in camp for one. Also, Travis Daniels, another rookie who seems to be playing pretty well. Might even start opening day. Donnie Spragan, another starting linebacker who has played remarkable well in a new scheme. Josh Shaw has played very well on on D-line and should get some time in the rotation this year. Matt Roth has shown great signs of imporvement over the last few weeks as well. In fact, he was playing and holding is own with the first unit against Pittsburgh and even got a sack and a few other pressures.

Buffalo was only second on yards allowed which is misleading. Miami was a top ten D last year too I believe, but that doesn't mean they were a dominant unit. While I feel Buffalo is a great defensive team LAST YEAR, that doesn't guarentee anything for this next year and year's to come. Besides, seeing how Clements wants to be payed like he is the best CB in the league after this year, you may have some problems moving forward.

Buffalo's favorite "TROLL" Mr.Right's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why are Bills fans' criticizing other teams' starting QB's?
    Here's Losman's 2004 'stats':
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493000
    Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Todd Collins, and Akili Smith were 'supposed' to be good coming out of college too.
    You better 'worry' about your own team I don't see them winning many games this season!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    How bout.....Matt Roth DT/DE/LB in the 2nd, Channing Crowder MLB in the 3rd, and Travis Daniels CB in the 4th Kevin Vickers DT/DE in the 7th and supp.draft Manny Wright!!!Thats a whole lotta youth on the D!! But keep on believing Miamis D is getting old!! Just goes to show the lack of football knowledge from several bill posters here....isn't that right mystic???

BTW, Miami finished 8th overall in D and had the 2nd best secondary in the league. And that was a 4-12 team,finishing 8th in overall D and 2nd in pass D....in case you didn't get it the first time. Now we added 3 out of our first four draft picks and brought in players like Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holiday, Donnie Spragan and Kieth Traylor to our D. I'd say our D has gotten much stronger then yours!!! And we had a good season on D last year, even though we couldn't stop the run fro too many injurys. We will be better on D this year and yours will take a step backwards. As for the really dumb statement that you really don't need to add better players to your D because you 2nd ranked D last year!!! WOW...I wish you were HC, but I guess I don't have to wish for it your brillant HC doesn't think the D needs to improve, good for us and sucks for you. You'll see.

I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Right
    Why are Bills fans' criticizing other teams' starting QB's?
    Here's Losman's 2004 'stats':
    http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493000
    Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Todd Collins, and Akili Smith were 'supposed' to be good coming out of college too.
    You better 'worry' about your own team I don't see them winning many games this season!
    You forgot Jim Druckenmiller? Or was it Drunkenmiller? LOL