• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samphin1
    • Mar 2004

Re: Where's FTP???

Originally posted by BillsFever21
    What a great 2nd round pick Feely was.

Not any worse than that first rounder you guys coughed up for Drew Bledsoe. Plus, you gave it to a fellow team within the AFC East. Smart move Buffalo.

As for conceding, I doubt it. I don't think any team concedes anything. If that was the case, Brees would be out of San Diego and Rivers would be starting. Brees hung tough, played hard and won.

While I don't doubt that Miami is looking for a longer term solution at QB ( please god not Tim Couch ), I don't think they would be stupid enough to "tank" a season by starting Gus for any number of reasons. Be it to get Leinart ( who BTW, is coming of a serious shoulder surgery ), Omar Jacobs or Drew Brees. Players at this level aren't geared like that and neither are the coaches.

Where did this label of fairwethered fin fans come from? Hell, the same can be said about Buffalo fans. Those fairwethered Bills fans are horrible...see? Simple as that. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true.

Comment

• Samphin1
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
      Really, name the younger players that Miami added to the defense. And Buffalo's defense was 2nd in the NFL last year, what did they really need to add? Another really stupid post from FTP.

Well, Channing Crowder who has been tearing it up in camp for one. Also, Travis Daniels, another rookie who seems to be playing pretty well. Might even start opening day. Donnie Spragan, another starting linebacker who has played remarkable well in a new scheme. Josh Shaw has played very well on on D-line and should get some time in the rotation this year. Matt Roth has shown great signs of imporvement over the last few weeks as well. In fact, he was playing and holding is own with the first unit against Pittsburgh and even got a sack and a few other pressures.

Buffalo was only second on yards allowed which is misleading. Miami was a top ten D last year too I believe, but that doesn't mean they were a dominant unit. While I feel Buffalo is a great defensive team LAST YEAR, that doesn't guarentee anything for this next year and year's to come. Besides, seeing how Clements wants to be payed like he is the best CB in the league after this year, you may have some problems moving forward.

Comment

• Mr.Right
        Buffalo's favorite "TROLL"
        • Jan 2005

Why are Bills fans' criticizing other teams' starting QB's?
        Here's Losman's 2004 'stats':
        The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Todd Collins, and Akili Smith were 'supposed' to be good coming out of college too.
        You better 'worry' about your own team I don't see them winning many games this season!

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bulldog
          Really, name the younger players that Miami added to the defense. And Buffalo's defense was 2nd in the NFL last year, what did they really need to add? Another really stupid post from FTP.
          How bout.....Matt Roth DT/DE/LB in the 2nd, Channing Crowder MLB in the 3rd, and Travis Daniels CB in the 4th Kevin Vickers DT/DE in the 7th and supp.draft Manny Wright!!!Thats a whole lotta youth on the D!! But keep on believing Miamis D is getting old!! Just goes to show the lack of football knowledge from several bill posters here....isn't that right mystic???

BTW, Miami finished 8th overall in D and had the 2nd best secondary in the league. And that was a 4-12 team,finishing 8th in overall D and 2nd in pass D....in case you didn't get it the first time. Now we added 3 out of our first four draft picks and brought in players like Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holiday, Donnie Spragan and Kieth Traylor to our D. I'd say our D has gotten much stronger then yours!!! And we had a good season on D last year, even though we couldn't stop the run fro too many injurys. We will be better on D this year and yours will take a step backwards. As for the really dumb statement that you really don't need to add better players to your D because you 2nd ranked D last year!!! WOW...I wish you were HC, but I guess I don't have to wish for it your brillant HC doesn't think the D needs to improve, good for us and sucks for you. You'll see.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
            I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Right
            The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Todd Collins, and Akili Smith were 'supposed' to be good coming out of college too.
            You better 'worry' about your own team I don't see them winning many games this season!
            You forgot Jim Druckenmiller? Or was it Drunkenmiller? LOL

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Captain Obvious
              I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
              How bout.....Matt Roth DT/DE/LB in the 2nd, Channing Crowder MLB in the 3rd, and Travis Daniels CB in the 4th Kevin Vickers DT/DE in the 7th and supp.draft Manny Wright!!!Thats a whole lotta youth on the D!! But keep on believing Miamis D is getting old!! Just goes to show the lack of football knowledge from several bill posters here....isn't that right mystic???

BTW, Miami finished 8th overall in D and had the second best secondary in the league. Now we added 3 out of our first four draft picks and brought in players like Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holiday, Donnie Spragan and Kieth Traylor to our D. I'd say our D has gotten much stronger then yours!!! And we had a good season on D last year, even though we couldn't stop the run fro too many injurys. We will be better on D this year and yours will take a step backwards. As for the really dumb statement that you really don't need to add better players to your D because you 2nd ranked D last year!!! WOW...I wish you were HC, but I guess I don't have to wish for it your brillant HC doesn't think the D needs to improve, good for us and sucks for you. You'll see.
              Isn't it Kevin Vickerson? Matt Roth as a spot DT? He's a little to thin to be playing DT.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                Right. Like the recent NFL power rankings. No doubt written by idiots. Fins 30th?
                Yeah, what a stretch to to rank everyone based on last years record!!
                I'll bet NE and Philly are one and two huh?? Pittsburgh and Colts 3/4 or the other way around...oh, and 49ers last right??

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                  Isn't it Kevin Vickerson? Matt Roth as a spot DT? He's a little to thin to be playing DT.
                  Yes, it is Vickerson and Roth is a big boy he's 2
                  " bigger then Zgoninabut 18lbs. lighter. However in Sabans D he is small for a T.

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Right

Why are there so many people cheering in
                    your endzone, Mr. Moron? It's because
                    SF fans are pathetically fair weather.
                    But you'll be great this year with Alex
                    Jones, or is it Smith, or is Rattay? Your
                    brass has done an excellent job of
                    handling that situation. 2-14. Now go hit
                    the "Pickle Smoocher" for Cosmopolitan.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

BTW, Miami finished 8th overall in D and had the 2nd best secondary in the league. And that was a 4-12 team,finishing 8th in overall D and 2nd in pass D....in case you didn't get it the first time. Now we added 3 out of our first four draft picks and brought in players like Kevin Carter, Vonnie Holiday, Donnie Spragan and Kieth Traylor to our D. I'd say our D has gotten much stronger then yours!!! And we had a good season on D last year, even though we couldn't stop the run fro too many injurys. We will be better on D this year and yours will take a step backwards. As for the really dumb statement that you really don't need to add better players to your D because you 2nd ranked D last year!!! WOW...I wish you were HC, but I guess I don't have to wish for it your brillant HC doesn't think the D needs to improve, good for us and sucks for you. You'll see.
                      LOL! This is the worst post ever....Those draft picks are so good, what will the Bills ever do? those free agents you added are old and past thier prime years...and the bills have had a top D consistantly over the past several years so dont even say the phins are better bc you just cant win that arguement....Do you actually watch your team play? Your secondary is in shambles this year....get ready for another dissapointing season, but no worries, you'll be able to get Lienhart next year with the # 1 overall

Comment

• Samphin1
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                        LOL! This is the worst post ever....Those draft picks are so good, what will the Bills ever do? those free agents you added are old and past thier prime years...and the bills have had a top D consistantly over the past several years so dont even say the phins are better bc you just cant win that arguement....Do you actually watch your team play? Your secondary is in shambles this year....get ready for another dissapointing season, but no worries, you'll be able to get Lienhart next year with the # 1 overall
                        Past several years? Actually, I believe that your D has been good to great for three years tops. Before that, it was a walking breathing turd if I remember correctly. Meanwhile, Miami's unit has been in the top ten for quite awhile longer than that. I don't doubt that your team is good, but if you are gonna start mouthing off about how good your D has been throughout the years...you better make sure it isn't a lie.

Spragan is hitting his prime. You could argue that Carter is still in his prime. The seocndary is a concern but Madison and Daniels have been very good. In fact, Somehow, Reggie Howard even looked good in the last game. Yeremiah Bell and Tebuckey Jones have played well at the starting safety spots and Schulters is still there. Surprisingly, Traveres Tillman has played better than I expected him too. He is helping ease my concerns about our safety depth. Tony Bua is struggling and may lose his spot. He plays ecxellent special teams though so who knows.

Comment

• Samphin1
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                          You forgot Jim Druckenmiller? Or was it Drunkenmiller? LOL

I always liked Drunk On Miller myself.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

In these days of free agency, it is hard to keep units at the top level consistantly. I believe the Bills being in the top 4 over the the last 3 years constitutes the right to be considered one of the top ten defensive units in the NFL, if not THEE best (which I believe is still Balitimore). My arguement towards FTP is not to try to compare the two defenses. Miami does have a decent defense and will still be top 15 this year, but to say that Miami is on Buffalos level of defense is silly and a joke. So how am I lying? Buffalo led the league in take aways and points for a defense, while all the Miami defense did was lose games. Im glad youre convinced your secondary is doing better bc nobody else in the football world believes so.

....and several years doesnt have to mean a decade, why is that so funny?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
                              If I am Miami I would rather hold out for Leinhart then take Rivers or Brees. Miami needs a fresh start.
                              No way we could afford Leinhart. Not after Ronnie's contract. Not without dismantling the team. Then we would have a QB and RB and nothing else

Comment

• Bulldog
                                Top Dog
                                • Jan 2003

And some how all those rookies are going to improve the Miami defense this year. Talk to me at the end of the year and we'll see how many of them actually made any kind of impact this season. And Manny Wright has a ways to go before he'll be able to be put into the rotation. That's if he remembers his shoulder pads and stops crying!

Did you ever stop and think that Miami's secondary was ranked 2nd against the pass as a result of them not being able to stop the run? Of course not, it would actually require that you stop being a homer for five minuets of your pathetic life. And Miami's secondary got worse with the departure of Surtain to KC. Two words come to mind when I think of Miami's secondary: Swiss cheese. And the majority of the defensive lineman that Miami brought in are well past their prime with the exception of Traylor. And no, Buffalo didn't need to add that many players to the defense that was ranked #2 in the NFL last year. Why would they? Usually, when one of the units that make up a team is ranked in the top five, teams tend to focus on the other areas of the team that need to be addressed. Why would Buffalo draft heavy on defense when it's already their strongest unit. Are you sure you not a soccer fan FTP?

If Miami were smart, maybe they should have spent some of those draft picks on some offensive lineman that actually know how to block once in a while. That would be a good start. I love this gem from Fanball :

August 23, 2005 7:10 AM ET
                                Dolphins: Offensive line a mess
                                The News

Head coach Nick Saban is very unhappy with the way his offensive line has played so far in the preseason, and he made wholesale changes to the unit on Monday at practice. The Dolphins have moved Damion McIntosh back to left tackle, moved Vernon Carey from left to right tackle, and removed Stockar McDougle from the starting five. Of the changes, Saban told the Miami Herald, "We left five guys out there for two straight weeks, and that worked like it was the most counterproductive thing we ever did…You put your hand in the dirt, you got a guy sitting right there, you have to block him. You don't block him, what does it make any difference whether you are playing right guard, right tackle, left guard or left tackle? You have to move the guy. I think we are overrating anything that we have done, because we are totally missing the point."
                                Our View

Uh, sounds like things aren't going so well in Miami. With the removal of their one big offseason addition to the line, McDougle, the team is now fielding essentially the same offensive line it did last season. That unit was one of the worst in recent memory, so this can't be a good sign for the prospects of any of the Dolphins' starters, least of all rookie running back Ronnie Brown. There is still hope considering the line is under the tutelage of O-line maestro Hudson Houck, but unless Houck plans to suit up himself, he may not have enough talent to work with.
                                August 23, 2005 7:06 AM ET

I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

Working...
                                X