Losman is scaring the **** out of me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Losman is scaring the **** out of me....

I just watched the first half on TiVo and I'm about to go watch the rest of it. Look, I don't expect Losman to come in and look like Brady, but he made some bonehead plays. He threw to Moulds on the sideline when he was completely covered, then he threw to Evans when he was triple covered- both balls were tipped. Tips lead to interceptions and interceptions lead to losses.

Beyond that, there were two plays where he ran around like a drunk Michael Vick- the flip to Gates that somehow worked for a small gain and the huge loss on second and goal. I'm very disappointed that he still hasn't learned when to give up on a busted play- I had more faith in Wyche than that.

I don't think it's time to give up on the kid so early, but I don't like what I'm seeing. And I don't want to hear the "Bears have a good defense" excuse again because these were bad DECISIONS by Losman- the D had nothing to do with it. Wyche has two weeks to knock some sense into him.

Losman and Lindell are good for 4 losses between the two of them.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Re: Losman is scaring the **** out of me....

Originally posted by OpIv37
    I just watched the first half on TiVo and I'm about to go watch the rest of it. Look, I don't expect Losman to come in and look like Brady, but he made some bonehead plays. He threw to Moulds on the sideline when he was completely covered, then he threw to Evans when he was triple covered- both balls were tipped. Tips lead to interceptions and interceptions lead to losses.

Beyond that, there were two plays where he ran around like a drunk Michael Vick- the flip to Gates that somehow worked for a small gain and the huge loss on second and goal. I'm very disappointed that he still hasn't learned when to give up on a busted play- I had more faith in Wyche than that.

I don't think it's time to give up on the kid so early, but I don't like what I'm seeing. And I don't want to hear the "Bears have a good defense" excuse again because these were bad DECISIONS by Losman- the D had nothing to do with it. Wyche has two weeks to knock some sense into him.

I knew this would happen one bad game and people are already bashing him I'm of you guys he's a young kid and he's going to make mistakes and last night he made a few mistakes but he'll learn from them. You watch next game against the Lions Losman will probably run for two td's and throw for one.

Comment

• Fairway
      • Jul 2002

how many Losman bashing threads are you gonna start? We got the point from your rant last night!!!

Comment

• jmb1099
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Fairway
        how many Losman bashing threads are you gonna start? We got the point from your rant last night!!!
        Yeah it does seem tedious.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
          • Aug 2004

I'm actually OK with the Moulds throw on the side line that got tipped. This is so much of a Moulds signature play we saw it plenty of time in the last three years between Bledsoe and Moulds. It's not into triple coverage. Both the safety and another guy who tempted to catch the tipped ball were just coming over as the play developed. The problem was the touch of the throw. It should be a little higher. Maybe that's why in Moulds' interview later he said the comfort zone between him and Losman "is getting better but still needs improvement."

The very next play was a bad play. I honestly believe that Losman did not see Urlach underneath because otherwise he would have to wait a bit longer or lob it over Urlach's head instead of darting it there.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Fairway
            ummm... I think you're confusing me with someone else- I posted some negative stuff last night but nothing about Losman in particular. It was more about mistakes and the O-line:
            You can use whatever excuse you want about the Bears having "one of the better defenses in the NFL", but I don't buy it. Why? Because if we're going to have a winning season, make the playoffs and hopefully go somewhere we need to BEAT teams with good defenses. We can't do that playing like we played tonight. Also

It's difficult to tell much from just checking the stats on the Internet, but it looks like our whole offense is struggling. Willis can't run and JP's making bonehead plays, but my guess is the O line has more to do with it than either of them... I'll comment more after I see the replay on NFL network tomorrow, but I think
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
              I'm actually OK with the Moulds throw on the side line that got tipped. This is so much of a Moulds signature play we saw it plenty of time in the last three years between Bledsoe and Moulds. It's not into triple coverage. Both the safety and another guy who tempted to catch the tipped ball were just coming over as the play developed. The problem was the touch of the throw. It should be a little higher. Maybe that's why in Moulds' interview later he said the comfort zone between him and Losman "is getting better but still needs improvement."

The very next play was a bad play. I honestly believe that Losman did not see Urlach underneath because otherwise he would have to wait a bit longer or lob it over Urlach's head instead of darting it there.
              maybe I was unclear- I saw that Moulds was single covered. It was the one to Evans where there was triple coverage (or at least 2 men on him and Urlacher in zone coming over to make the play).
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                I knew this would happen one bad game and people are already bashing him I'm of you guys he's a young kid and he's going to make mistakes and last night he made a few mistakes but he'll learn from them. You watch next game against the Lions Losman will probably run for two td's and throw for one.
                I don't expect him to be perfect, but I do expect him not to make bad plays that could cost us games. Taking us back 20 yards on a 2nd and Goal from the 2 could very well cost us a game.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jonah7777
                  • Aug 2005

TD has a message for the losman bashers..... save the postage
                  cas no matter how much you whine holcomb will never be the starter here.

if losman upsets you that much bledsoe is on the ranchreport.com

the team made its decision .Losman is the starter and TD and MM

will not change that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jonah7777
                    TD has a message for the losman bashers..... save the postage
                    cas no matter how much you whine holcomb will never be the starter here.

if losman upsets you that much bledsoe is on the ranchreport.com

the team made its decision .Losman is the starter and TD and MM

will not change that.

I don't want him to change it. I want Losman to learn when a play is dead before he costs us a game.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Your right, if only we had Kyle Orton or Chad Hutchinson.

Why am I picturing a giant poster of Drew on your wall? Ill leave out what its covered with.

As far as losses caused by players, 2 losses from LOsman would be about 5 less than Drew last year.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

I don't expect him to be perfect, but I do expect him not to make bad plays that could cost us games. Taking us back 20 yards on a 2nd and Goal from the 2 could very well cost us a game.
                        hmmmm, what about the o-line penalties, could those have cost us the game? How about our missed extra point, could that have cost the game? How about our blown D against the Bears TD run, could that have been the game?

Will you just STFU already?

If you hate the Bills so much, go watch Drew Bledspew and the Cowgirls.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

maybe I was unclear- I saw that Moulds was single covered. It was the one to Evans where there was triple coverage (or at least 2 men on him and Urlacher in zone coming over to make the play).
                          BTW, last year I can count of at least a half dozen times that Drew threw into triple coverage and was intercepted. How many times has JP been intercepted so far? thats what I thought.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                            • Mar 2004

I don't want him to change it. I want Losman to learn when a play is dead before he costs us a game.
                            Learning is what he is doing right now. The more game experience he gets, the better he will be. The NFL is such a different beast then college, NFL game experience is really the only way for a young player to become more efficient.

I think that Losman makes fewer mistakes then other young guys like E. Manning, Rivers, Smith, and Rodgers. He's well beyond those guys already. I also think he'd be right on par with Big Ben if the Bills had the Steelers O-line.

Part of the reason Losman is having to run around like a drunken Mike Vick is because our blocking is not great. You know, I'd rather have Losman scramble away from pressure and make a one yard gain on a shovel pass on 3rd and long or throw a tipped pass, then the QB who stands there and takes the "safe" play sack for -7 yards. Scrambling is going to be a great part of his game. The coaching staff would be ignorant to take it away. Just wait until Losman is consistently scrambling and making great passes.

Last thing, we have it great with Losman as our QB. I'm not trying to be a homer, but he's going to develop into something special. Especially with how good the team is overall, he is going to experience more success then most QB's do at his age, and that is just going to make him that much better. Bills fans, we have it good, we have it good indeed.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

LOL at this thread.

Didn't Tom Brady who some think is the smartest QB since Joe Montana throw a ball behind him last year without looking during the Dolphin's game and got intercepted? Bad play and stupid decisions happen. If I had a nickel for every time Jim Kelly threw into double and triple coverage, I would be able to buy Jim's old house.

Comment

Working...
                              X