• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Week 12 Peanut Gallery

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
    What do you mean by Chemistry? I don't think the players have a stat for how well they work with others, do they?
    well, wrong term probably...it is really how they meld together with their rankings...putting a 1250 yard back behind a swiss cheese line in this game is actually worse than if you do it in the real NFL.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Hes right guys.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
        I don't care about this anymore. It's horse ****. I get destroyed at home by a bad team. This sim is crap. I quit.

Count me in as well, or out I mean. No matter what I do, I get blown out and only get 5 carries in a game. I AM OUT, Franchise available.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Guys you should really take this lightly. Look I hate what Dillon CAN'T do on the ground. But I simply make notes of what I need to improve in the off-season and go from there. I need to upgrade my line....fair enough.

Give it another season before you up and quit. MBB's team hasnt won yet and he had a great lineup, and to be honest I think next season is going to be one of the top teams in the league.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

IMO my team hasn't lived up to its potential but I am having a lot of fun with this, hopefully you guys will stick around.

Comment

• That Guy
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
              Count me in as well, or out I mean. No matter what I do, I get blown out and only get 5 carries in a game. I AM OUT, Franchise available.
              We might as well start advertising our three open league spots now... it may take a while to find dedicated fillers..

Comment

• R. Rich
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                Guys you should really take this lightly. Look I hate what Dillon CAN'T do on the ground. But I simply make notes of what I need to improve in the off-season and go from there. I need to upgrade my line....fair enough.

Give it another season before you up and quit. MBB's team hasnt won yet and he had a great lineup, and to be honest I think next season is going to be one of the top teams in the league.

Yeah. Don't be so quick to give up, folks. I have a 3-9 team, and I'm not ready to quit.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
                  That was me venting again. I am not quitting, just frustrated. 3-9 is not exactly how I pictured my team at this point in the season.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Trust me this season is a learning experience. We are learning what positions are key and next season should be a lot different. We were all rookies at this (except Eb) so there were going to be growing pains.

Most weeks I can't find any rhyme or reason to it, at the end of the day it is a sim and isnt going to be 100% consistant/accurate. But its close.

We need dedicated owners to keep this league in tact, so don't bail just yet.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

I am deffenlly working on my Defense this off season.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                        • Jul 2002

That makes two of us. There are some things my D does well, actually...preventing the opposing team from scoring just isn't one of them.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                          That makes two of us. There are some things my D does well, actually...preventing the opposing team from scoring just isn't one of them.
                          my defense is not great but I have changed up some things to play to my strengths and hide weaknesses and my defence has been playing alot better lately

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

How much do you think owning a copy of the game is helping you?
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                              How much do you think owning a copy of the game is helping you?
                              Owning the game allows you to make more in depth changes to your gameplan. I really made one wholesale change to my overall stradegy. If everyone owned the game I would make week to week changes but I dont at this point, if I make the playoffs I will probably make weekely adjustments. Overall I think owning the game makes you understand how the sim plays but not a huge advantage if any against someone who does not own the game. I like having it because it gives me knowledge of how the game plays, therfore if I lose i lose and really can understand why

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                                Owning the game allows you to make more in depth changes to your gameplan. I really made one wholesale change to my overall stradegy. If everyone owned the game I would make week to week changes but I dont at this point, if I make the playoffs I will probably make weekely adjustments. Overall I think owning the game makes you understand how the sim plays but not a huge advantage if any against someone who does not own the game. I like having it because it gives me knowledge of how the game plays, therfore if I lose i lose and really can understand why
                                I haven't made 1 change the whole year. Go figure.
                                Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                                X