Thread: Playoff Outlook

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Playoff Outlook

Well we are 6 games away from the first BZFL playoffs.

Jersey and Playas looked to have locked in spots for their division. The Kelly is very tough and very competitive with 4 teams who have legit shots at the playoffs.

Prediction: Jersey/Playas

The Outlaws will need some help if they hope to make it into the playoffs, a strong finish followed by losses for the Norsemen/Pittsburgh will get them in.

The Norsemen handily defeated The Outlaws twice, and the Outlaws currently have wins over all other division rivals. They face KKS and the Rampage on the road then face Pittsburgh once more at home.

Prediction: Pittsburgh/Norsemen

Rochester pretty much has the Saban division locked up and the 2nd seed is remarkably still up for grabs. If New York slides down the stretch Erie or Philly could move into the second spot.

Prediction: Rochester/New York

The Levy division is far from over. Atlanta, LA, Houston, and CRK's are all vying for two coveted spots. Really anyones guess here. Houston's offense is lethal but their defense is horrid. Down the Stretch I think LA's the most balanced. And Atlanta is the hottest at the moment.

Prediction: Los Angeles/Atlanta

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Playoff Outlook

the next 2 best records in each conference get wildcards I dont think it is the top 2 in each division

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The playoff format "Appears" to be 2 from each, then conference, then superbowl.

There is no wild cards.

Check the bottom of the schedule.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 913 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I don't read that from what it says there, but I could be wrong. Unfortunately, the constitution assumes that there are three divisions per conference, and that there is only one wildcard team. So we don't have anything that specifically says.

Naturally, I'm rooting for the two best non-division winners approach, since I'm in a strong division.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Remember we only have 20 teams.

I think the top two in each division sort of makes sense, and given what it says at the bottom of the schedule thread it appears to be that way.

Either way, the boss will clarify im sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 913 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not sure what you are reading - are you talking about the words "Quarter finals"? I don't think it implies that at all - but it would be nice to know for sure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    Remember we only have 20 teams.

I think the top two in each division sort of makes sense, and given what it says at the bottom of the schedule thread it appears to be that way.

Either way, the boss will clarify im sure.
    ...we chatted about this someplace during the draft...2 division winners per conference...next best two records get the wild card...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.