Thread: Save the Sabres: State Money

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Save the Sabres: State Money

As days go on things are getting a little clearer on the bids. Paul Tokasz (state majority leader) was on WGR this morning and reported the following about the Hamister bid:

To keep the Sabres in Buffalo Hamister is asking the following from the state:

1. Extention of $23 million in preexisting loans
    2. $10 million loans from the NYS State Empire Development Zone Fund for arena improvements

ALL monies have to be repaid: HAMISTER DOESN'T GET A DIME.

The state has the option to forgive any or all loans should they see fit. This has happened numerous times within the state on various projects.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

clumping platelets
    But why did it take so long for the details to become clear? I'm positive that the deal outlined by Ebby above is different from the "original" bid submitted to Buttman....er......Bettman a couple of months ago. Public discontent has undoubtedly changed it :)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by clumping platelets
    But why did it take so long for the details to become clear? I'm positive that the deal outlined by Ebby above is different from the "original" bid submitted to Buttman....er......Bettman a couple of months ago. Public discontent has undoubtedly changed it :)
    because it is a business deal and details never come out until they need to.

yeah, , whatever...The information obtained by WGR came from Galisano's mouth. What benefit would it be for Galisano to lie and make it look like everything was all on the up and up if it wasn't? If he had been serious about the Sabres, as everybody seems to think, and there had been some shenanigans then don't you think he'd be screaming?

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by clumping platelets
    Buttman....er......Bettman
    you were right the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.