Thread: Can anyone on the Sabres...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unhappy Can anyone on the Sabres...

....clear the damn puck out of their own end. I never saw so much incompetency in my life when it comes to moving a puck. Let me get this straight...Varada is 5 ft from the blue line with open ice and he turns around an cycles the puck back in his own end and gets his ass handed to him..WHY!? James Patrick has a chance to cycle the puck around to an open man and get it out...he spins around and traps it to the boards until one of the other team's players catches up, smokes him and takes it away..WHY!? Stu Barnes has the whole width of the blueline that is open to shoot it out...he manages to shoot it into the only opposing player standing there..WHY!? Jay McKee has an open man on the wing to cycle the puck around to and get it out..he spins around and cycles it back the other way for no apparent reason to the opposing player on the other wing who is pinching in...WHY!!!!??? Am I missing something here??

These guys..veterans no less...have to be the biggest bunch of tards there are when it comes to getting a puck out of their own end. IMO, it is coaching. If I am a coach and am looking at gamefilm and am seeing this Keystone Cop act then I would be livid and I KNOW what we would be practicing from now until the end of the year. If Ruff can't see that and correct his players on these bad habits that they have developed then he needs to get his sorry ass out of here...he's not getting the job done!!:church:

Football-Sport of the Gods Buffarama's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I have never seen a team, that year after year, cannot complete the simple task of moving the puck out of their own zone as you described.
    We probably would have won two Stanely Cups by now, and added 5-10 wins a season, if they could do this simple thing. I'm serious too, I'm not being sarcastic.
    And if could learn to shoot a puck on the net from the blue line instead of into the defensman's skates, that would be another 5-10 wins a year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    They used to be better at it, with a lot of the same casts of characters I might add, but they have regressed terribly in that area. This one is on Ruff and the vets, I am tired of hearing how it is the young player's faults and that they don't have good enough players. We're talking about basic skills that were learned when they were kids for crying out loud.
    Last edited by mchurchfie; 01-08-2003 at 10:55 AM.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I don't think the sabres have been good at clearing since before Ruff was here...it's been awhile. They might have been BETTER before, but that's not saying much. There's nothing more frustrating then watching the opposition hold it in your end for a solid minute to minute and a half at even strength.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>