X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

The Bills will turn it around..

I, like most everyone here yesterday, felt frustrated beyond belief.. after watching the bills march down the field and score, i was sure we would win.. then after watching mcgee trip at the 2 yard line right before the half.. i just had this awful feeling in my gut.. i knew it was over..

that being said.. i am over it.. and it is only 4 games into the season.. i want to point out a few things.. i am trying to be optimistic, because honestly, it really is draining to be filled up with such anger towards the state of the team, and that is how i have felt for about 3 weeks now..

i think there is still the possibility of the guys turning things around.. i know it does not feel like it at all.. but i really think it could happen.. lets take a look at some factors i think that help us..

1. at this point, we have won our only afc game.. we lost 3 games to three nfc teams.. that is a good thing.. we still have ALL of our game left against division foes, and all 3 of them look beatable to me..

2. mike williams will be back.. i know the interior of the line is not playing great, but getting big mike back will help.. on top of that, the line started off slow last year as well. remember travis henry on the goal line against the raiders? the line gelled and got their **** together after the first four games.. i have given mcnally some heat but honestly, he is a good coach.. once mike is back, i think we can pull the line together and play better.. we will play better and this is our main problem.

3. jp is only going to get better.. this has been stated ad nauseum (spelling?)but no body looks great to start off their careers except maybe brady and big ben.. palmer looked great by years end last year.. manning is looking great now, which is the equivelent of his mid season, since he didnt start till the middle of last season..

4. the defense will get it together.. this is a good unit.. they have been put in some tough spots.. but they will get it right.. crowell played excellent i thought in place of TKO. kelsay and schobel played well yesterday i thought. anderson was getting some pressure.. we just are not getting the turnovers right now, but we are still a +3 in the turnover catagory.. all is not lost.. dont lose faith in our guys.. the D can still bring it. i know they can.

5. roscoe parrish could be a nice spark when he comes in.. i cant wait to see him play.. i am hoping he helps on special teams and in the slot, although reed has been earning his paychecks this season.

6. wr talent - we have it.. it has not translated this season, but evans, moulds, reed is a strong trio.. they will improve.. they cant get worse as a whole right now. i was mad at moulds, but honestly, i cant blame him.. his time is running out.. he is obviously feeling like his career is coming to a close and he wont get that ring.. i can imagine that it feels pretty bad.. but he is still a good receiver (not a top wr by any means, but a leader and a good vet).

7. special teams.. the special teams is playing well, and almost had the game winning momentum play w/ mcgees return, which happened to be one of the best i have ever seen right up until he tripped.. they will come.. lindell missed a kick yesterday.. oh well.. he has played well all season.. kickers are going to miss kicks.. to blame him for the loss yesterday is just ridiculous.. people are pissed and looking for a scapegoat, which i understand.. but lindell is not the reason.

8. coaching cant get worse.. they did a good just last season.. they are not just total **** now.. they will get it right.. i think they were doing too much.. overthining things.. but i still have faith in the coaching staff.

9. willis has played well and will continue.. we just need to lean on him.. they will feed him the ball even more, starting this week.

10. the bills will improve because i said so.. it starts with miami this week.. we will still finish 10-6.. i still have faith.. it is easy to be a cynic.. i know because i have been one for years.. but i said to myself this year that i would be different.. and i am not going to let a few stupid losses against some very good teams and the saints kill my mood and excitement about the team.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Bills will turn it around..

the only place they can go is up...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

NICE POST MAN.........very refreshing read. Here's to beating Miami sunday, and starting up something big!!
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• frank74
        • Apr 2005

the biggest problem is that the players don't seem to believe in themselves. you can see it. they're not confident at all. i think that's a huge problem. and, to me that's a coaching issue. you have to make your team believe in you as the coach and themselves as players and i don't that's happening.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

ok..

11. the coaches and players will have a new found confidence in themselves after just a little success, like the feel of beating arch rival miami into the ground and knocking them from their perch.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• frank74
            • Apr 2005

this week is going to be crazy if you ask me. we haven't stopped the run yet and we are facing miami. i don't know man. i realize optimism is better than cynicism, but i really don't know if this organization is capable of winning. that's just my opinion, but i feel strongly about it.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

to each their own.. i understand how easy it is to be pissed off and mad right now.. to be cynical is a natural reaction after watching what we have watched the last 3 weeks.. but you will feel better soon.

10-6!

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                • Mar 2004

I agree last year we were 0-4 then came mimai and we won then lost 2 the pats we will turn it around this sunday aginst the fish GO BILLS

Comment

• frank74
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  to each their own.. i understand how easy it is to be pissed off and mad right now.. to be cynical is a natural reaction after watching what we have watched the last 3 weeks.. but you will feel better soon.

10-6!
                  i hope you're right!

Comment

• JD
                    Sabres Zone
                    • Sep 2003

1 win to a crap team
                    2 losses to the top two teams in the NFC
                    1 loss to a mediocre team during a fixed game by the nfl

we should bounce back IMO
                    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Funny you should say "fixed," because it seemed that the refs were really laying off on the NO offensive line. Usually when you see someone grab a jersey, the back judge or the umpire throw a flag. It was so obvious and it was a long third down conversion. Again, when you see a defensive linemans shoulder jerk backwards and get turned around while casing a QB, someone throwas a flag....another blatant hold overlooked. Garbage.

Comment

• Nublar7
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                        1 win to a crap team
                        2 losses to the top two teams in the NFC
                        1 loss to a mediocre team during a fixed game by the nfl

we should bounce back IMO
                        Fixed? Sure......

Comment

• Tinboy
                          • Aug 2004

Yeah we will get more wins this year. I think the rivalry to fins will spark the player to a win.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Tinboy
                            Yeah we will get more wins this year. I think the rivalry to fins will spark the player to a win.

I hope you're right doggy, cause it will crush my heart if we lose to the pathetic fish, and at home of all places...

GO BILLS!!!!!
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Great post, T. We need something positive at this point, and you've given us a number of good things to think about going forward.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X