X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

How come no one has mentioned Jennings?

Everyone is quick to bag on TD for the "mistake" he made by releasing Bledsoe but no one talks about losing Jennings. Is that because letting Jennings go was the right decision? Jennings is now hurt and requires surgery on his shoulder, possibly ending his season.

Left tackle Jonas Jennings needs surgery on his right shoulder soon. The San Francisco 49ers' top free-agent acquisition is just trying to put it off for as long as possible.

TD may have made a mistake with Bledsoe but it looks like he made the right decision with Jennings.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: How come no one has mentioned Jennings?

luck, but I'm glad we're not spending $9 million to have him on IR.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

How does a game related injury directly effect TD's decision? Would it not be then the same to say that TD screwed up by going after Takeo Spikes who also found the injury bug this season? I think not.

Fact is that TD cannot be held accountable for injuries. They happen to each and every player at sometime in their career and it shouldn't be anything that anyone is held accountable for unless that player has a history of medical problems.

Jennings:
      IMO, TD had no business passing on resigning Jennings. Granted the Bills OL wasn't great last year, but I think that it's safe to say that without Jennings, they're even worse off. At least we knew that Jonas would be an almost shoe-in for LT. That position hasn't been properly filled since he left. TD should have done what he could to have retained JJ, and perhaps he did. I just remember Jonas not having a lot of nice things to say about TD after negotiations. JJ was willing to work with the Bills (according to Jennings) and the Bills front office apparently were bent on letting him hit the road.

Bledsoe:
      Bledsoe was made an offer but declined to accept. He had an oppotunity to renegotiate and Bledsoe instead decided against it. The Bills were forced to let him go in order to save on cap space #s.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
        • Jan 2003

Not signing Jennings was a very good one. I don't care what anyone says about luck. Jennings had not played an entire injury free season in his short career. He was bound to get injured again and he did. Some guys just get hurt all the time and Jonas is one of them.

Plus, just think of all the *****ing on here if he DOES resign him to a huge contract and he gets this injury for us. Man, everyone would want to hang him for wasting all that cap space for a guy who can't remain healthy. Damned if you do...

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Jennings isn't worth $9 million.

People already ***** & moan that TD paid (brecause he had to) Mike Williams

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Not re-signing Jonas Jennings was a good move, he wanted too much money. Not finding an adequate, or upgradeable, replacement is a bad move, along with the rest of the offensive line.Jon

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

What the hell is Verba doing? Isn't he supposed to be pro bowl material? Maybe he isn't such a head case since nobody signed him.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                How does a game related injury directly effect TD's decision? Would it not be then the same to say that TD screwed up by going after Takeo Spikes who also found the injury bug this season? I think not.

Fact is that TD cannot be held accountable for injuries. They happen to each and every player at sometime in their career and it shouldn't be anything that anyone is held accountable for unless that player has a history of medical problems.
                Did not Jennings have a history of medical problems? Thus, making TD's decision to not re-sign him, to the money that SF gave him, a good decision.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Romes
                  Did not Jennings have a history of medical problems? Thus, making TD's decision to not re-sign him, to the money that SF gave him, a good decision.
                  That's right, I forgot he hasn't finished a complete season yet.

Not even worth vet min. with those stats.

GAMES PLAYED

YearTeamGGS
                  2001Buffalo Bills1212
                  2002Buffalo Bills1515
                  2003Buffalo Bills1111
                  2004Buffalo Bills1414
                  2005San Francisco 49ers33
                  TOTAL5555

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Not signing Jennings was the right move. Still, trying to end the conversation there in defense of TD is incorrect. You can't sign 2nd or 3rd tier guys to play OL and act surprised when they don't produce.

Entering the next off-season, only Mike Williams should be penciled in at RT. The other 4 positions should be up for grabs. Teague should be gone and we'll see if Preston is good enough to replace him. Chris V. is getting old and wasn't playing well either. Anderson and Gandy are just filler for the eventual replacements.

Come on. We have to quit the denialfest in defense of the overrrated TD and get serious about improving this OL. Until then, we can't be considered serious players in the AFC.
                    Last edited by Night Train; 10-12-2005, 05:30 AM.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

It's not luck at all... Jennings gets hurt every single year. It's not rocket science. He played in 12, 15, 11 and 14 games for us. Did anyone think he'd last the season?
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      I love Weiner.
                      Originally posted by mercyrule
                      also cheese

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                        Not signing Jennings was the right move. Still, trying to end the conversation there in defense of TD is incorrect. You can't sign 2nd or 3rd tier guys to play OL and act surprised when they don't produce.

Entering the next off-season, only Mike Williams should be penciled in at RT. The other 4 positions should be up for grabs. Teague should be gone and we'll see if Preston is good enough to replace him. Chris V. is getting old and wasn't playing well either. Anderson and Gandy are just filler for the eventual replacements.

Come on. We have to quit the denialfest in defense of the overrrated TD and get serious about improving this OL. Until then, we can't be considered serious players in the AFC.
                        Gandy has actually been doing okay (except for the Miami game when he faced JT) so I think he has adequately replaced JJ. MW being out has hurt our right side tremendously - Jerman is a bum. What is surprising is that our guards aren't always performing up to the level that they should be performing. With the exception of Jerman, the rest of the line should be playing well and they're not. That is no one else's fault but their own and McNally needs to give them a kick in the ass and get them to perform better.

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

we decided we were only going to pay one of Shoble, jennings, and williams.

frankly all these players would have gotten good cash in FA, but none are special players. schoble is still streaky and weak against the run, jennings was just way too expensive, and williams (who i am a big fan of) was too old and really hasn't made his signing in Minni look smart.

except for the fact that losing half our D line would have been too much, we might have been better off letting them all walk.

aaron can play, but i think he needs good people around him, and he has never done much against a good LT. i hope he ends up getting better.

Comment

• Luisito23
                            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                            Not signing Jennings was a very good one. I don't care what anyone says about luck. Jennings had not played an entire injury free season in his short career. He was bound to get injured again and he did. Some guys just get hurt all the time and Jonas is one of them.

Plus, just think of all the *****ing on here if he DOES resign him to a huge contract and he gets this injury for us. Man, everyone would want to hang him for wasting all that cap space for a guy who can't remain healthy. Damned if you do...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!
                            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

Donahoe isn't getting any credit because that was a no-brainer decision. Everyone knew that Jennings wasn't worth the cash he wanted. The guy did play good, when he was in there, but was inconsistent with his injuries. I can't see spending that kind of money on a part time player. Sad thing is that if Mike Williams doesn't step up his game he'll turn out just like him but at a greater cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X