• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Thoughts

Well its a catch 22. If you lower it then everyone gets anyone cheap.

It will force you to be a bit more creative cap wise. And im not sure but this may not impact team til the 2007 season. I.e

If you have a 100K player ad you sign him to a 4 year deal this year, he may still be at 100K this coming season THEN 1.1 mil the followng season.

But there are stipulations of what your future cap can be at as well.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I might adopt a win now mentality. As Rich said its going to be tough to keep a young core of guys together. I will say this Ed Reed is worth 10M.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Devin
        Well its a catch 22. If you lower it then everyone gets anyone cheap.

It will force you to be a bit more creative cap wise. And im not sure but this may not impact team til the 2007 season. I.e

If you have a 100K player ad you sign him to a 4 year deal this year, he may still be at 100K this coming season THEN 1.1 mil the followng season.

But there are stipulations of what your future cap can be at as well.
        I think the salary increases this upcoming year.

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          I think the salary increases this upcoming year.
          except rookies
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• R. Rich
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
            rich you can expose your players to the FA draft and bring them back at lower prices, trust me Daunte Culpepper will not be paid $10 mil next year but I would consider bringin him back for a lower amt
            My point is that I shouldn't have to do that. And even if I do, I'll probably lose a few of them. That shouldn't be the case. I spent a lot of time evaluating the team I wanted, and considering this news, I should've just gone into this w/ a fantasy football "win now/draft the best players" mentality, since for this game, you can't do anything other than that. It's just not what I signed up for.

It's okay though. I do have the software Eb's using for the sims, and I may join an already established league where they actually do head to head games over the internet. I may also try to form a league like our BZFL, but where the salary cap isn't as ridiculous. I mean, you couldn't even draft a player per round and stay w/in the cap restrictions (going by the free agent scale of how players' salaries were slotted per round). That's crazy.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

Rich if you start another league I own the game and would be interested in being in another league as well as long as I can have the LA coliseum as my home stadium that is LOL

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

I really like this sim league, so while I certainly would be open to join another my Outlaws will be pushing hard for the BZFL championship in year 2.

Comment

• R. Rich
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                  I really like this sim league, so while I certainly would be open to join another my Outlaws will be pushing hard for the BZFL championship in year 2.
                  I'd like to be here for Year 2 as well, Devin, especially since I built my team on a 3 year plan. As long as that plan can be carried out, I'm here.

Comment

• R. Rich
                    • Apr 2003

Rich if you start another league I own the game and would be interested in being in another league as well as long as I can have the LA coliseum as my home stadium that is LOL

I'm still not sure if I'll start up a league or just join one. Then again, if I can work something out here, I may not do either one.

If I do start up a league, you can have that crappy stadium. I'll take RICH Stadium, of course.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

Rich I am in the same boat. Except worse off
                      It was all

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

Hey Rich gotta be close to home LOL I wouldnt mind being in 2 leagues as long as one is head to head because that makes it that much better I wish this league would go head to head but I dont see that happening

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                          • Feb 2005

yep $10 Mil I will probably be skipping that round cant imagine too many good players being available
                          I think some will be suprised how many good players are going to be available.
                          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Hey Rich gotta be close to home LOL I wouldnt mind being in 2 leagues as long as one is head to head because that makes it that much better I wish this league would go head to head but I dont see that happening
                            I like this league the way it is, absolutley no chance we can get 20+ people here all willing to buy the game, learn it, and then have time to sim each week.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                              I think some will be suprised how many good players are going to be available.
                              Yeah, but who's going to pay 10 million for them? A few might, while the others who can't afford to, lose out. Either the salary increases have to change, or the FA draft values have to change. Something has to give. As it stands now, with the formulas I created in the Excel file, if every team kept their entire roster next season, I think the lowest team was still 35 million OVER the cap. That's almost 50 % of your roster you have to cut, just to get to the cap. Then, you have no money to fill in your holes. So essentially, you'll probably be able to afford to keep a handful of players worth more than 1 million, draft maybe one or two, the rest will be worthless scrubs. I think it sucks that I wasted my time scouting a bunch of guys worth 500K to 100K and now I have to pay those guys 1.5 and 1.1 million. Some of those guys will be good in a few years, but I can't afford to keep them at that price.

Comment

• Devin
                                The Octagon
                                • Apr 2003

Well no one throw in the towel yet, I am sure there is a logical way about this. I sort of assumed this was how it was from the start, but I am sure Eb will explain it clearly when he is back.

Comment

Working...
                                X