• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Losman loses vs. 2 of the best, Holcomb wins vs 2 of the worst

If you remember, myself and others said we shouldnt be too quick to bash our team after we lost to TB and ATL. We said that it could turn out that these 2 teams were 2 of the best in the league.

At this point, I have to change my stance. It wasnt that we were terrible but rather that both ATL and TB are so damn good.

Everything is a matter of perspective after all. One Bills fan may see us stink up the joint agianst TB, but a Bucs fan may see his team is a SB team.

The question is this, does the success of TB and ATL change your mind about Losman at all? The followup is: Is Holcomb that good or are the Fins and NYJ that bad?

And if you follow that thought path, is Holcomb that much better than Losman? Or to be more specific, is Losman vs. Houston the same as Holcomb vs. Fins and Jets? Will we see Holcomb stink up he joint against a top notch team?

I have not changed my opinion that Holcomb should start as long as we win. So there is no need to bash this as a pro JP thread. Thats not the case. What it is, is a new perspective to think about. Was JP that bad or was the competition that good? Is Holcomb that good or is the competition that bad? Are JP and Holcomb interchangeable?

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Losman loses vs. 2 of the best, Holcomb wins vs 2 of the worst

JP was the worst ranked passer in the NFL.

Comment

• Tinboy
      • Aug 2004

Combination of both I think. It's tough for a young QB to go out and play vs two very goods teams. TB are looking very good and their D# is once again a top D. As for Falcons I think it wasn't all JP fault, bad coaching and veteran players not giving 100% are others factors for losing those games.

I think Jp would have won againts Jets and probably lost a tight game against the fins. If we are playoff ready for the last game I would like to see JP play againts Jets. On the other hand that means that Holcomb would go uninjured during the whole season.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
        • Sep 2003

Please explain the New Orleans game then.
        "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

we will issue no :stfu: before its time.

it's time.
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Those horrible Jets beat that awesome Tampa Bay team, which destroyed us. Your argument holds no weight. It doesn't matter anymore. Week to week.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by BAM
              Those horrible Jets beat that awesome Tampa Bay team, which destroyed us. Your argument holds no weight. It doesn't matter anymore. Week to week.
              Exactly my thinking, except I think JP needs to ride pine until next year.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jp-era

I have not changed my opinion that Holcomb should start as long as we win. So there is no need to bash this as a pro JP thread. Thats not the case. What it is, is a new perspective to think about. Was JP that bad or was the competition that good? Is Holcomb that good or is the competition that bad? Are JP and Holcomb interchangeable?
                At this point I don't think they're interchangeable- Holcomb is just more suited to play in the NFL at the moment. He made some reads and some plays that JP wasn't making. Don't forget that Losman missed a lot of wide open receivers- the quality of the opponent doesn't matter in these instances.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                  • Oct 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                  Please explain the New Orleans game then.
                  7 points against the New Orleans Defense!!!! Green Bay puts up 50 the next week.
                  LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                    If you remember, myself and others said we shouldnt be too quick to bash our team after we lost to TB and ATL. We said that it could turn out that these 2 teams were 2 of the best in the league.

At this point, I have to change my stance. It wasnt that we were terrible but rather that both ATL and TB are so damn good.

Everything is a matter of perspective after all. One Bills fan may see us stink up the joint agianst TB, but a Bucs fan may see his team is a SB team.

The question is this, does the success of TB and ATL change your mind about Losman at all? The followup is: Is Holcomb that good or are the Fins and NYJ that bad?

And if you follow that thought path, is Holcomb that much better than Losman? Or to be more specific, is Losman vs. Houston the same as Holcomb vs. Fins and Jets? Will we see Holcomb stink up he joint against a top notch team?

are you pregnant with JP's baby?

you have been talking trash about moulds, now you are reaching like mr fantastic for excuses for JP.

JP played worse than todd collins or brooks bollinger. tamp might have beaten us no matter what on that road game, but JP still put up a terrible performance.

against soft soft Ds at home against ATL and on the road against NO, JP losman couldn't connect with open WRs all day, inspite of a dominating running game.

blaming losses and wins on a QB solely is a thing fans do way too much, but you can evaluate an individual performance, particularly in the extremes.

JP losman was at the bottom end of QB performances and has shown zero improvement.

we are also scoring TDs passing and running against good Ds now, although our true tests will come on the road.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

Are you JP's agent?

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BAM
                        Well let's be fair and say that the Jets didn't have to play Cadillac who is a great back, and also didn't have to play in a sweltering, high humidity heat.

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

Ok then. How about those horrible Dolphins beating up on those awesome Broncos, who just beat up on those awesome Patriots, whom according to a lot of people here, we don't have a chance against.

Some of you folks are amusing.

You can make all the excuses you want. The fact is, JP is riding the pine until Holcomb falters and begins consistently losing like his backup was doing.

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BAM
                            Ok then. How about those horrible Dolphins beating up on those awesome Broncos, who just beat up on those awesome Patriots, whom according to a lot of people here, we don't have a chance against.

You can make all the excuses you want. The fact is, JP is riding the pine until Holcomb falters and begins consistently losing like his backup was doing.
                            LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BAM

Agreed- Holcomb has to be the starter at least until after the bye, and I have a feeling it will be longer than that. If Holcomb blows both the Oak game and the NE game, maybe Losman will be back by the KC game. But even that seems unlikely since no one expects us to beat NE in their house at night, so at most Holcomb has one game to blow before the bye.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X