Why is everybody underestimating the Raiders??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bledsoefan4life
    Junior Zoner
    • Oct 2005

Why is everybody underestimating the Raiders??

The Oakland Raiders are much better than their record shows, why is everyone so quick to underrate them? The Raiders have played:

-Week 1: @ New England, Lost 30-20. Before the rash of injuries to NE and during the incredible home winning streak.
    -Week 2: VS Kansas City, Lost 23-17. Held KC to 23 points, lost by only 6 points. TD and extra point and they win.
    -Week 3: @Philledelphia, Lost 23-20. Lost by a FG.
    -Week 4: VS Dallas, Won 19-13. Beat argueably the best team and QB in the NFC. In fact Studsoe and his high octane offense were stymied for 3 quarters
    -Week 5: Bye.
    -Week 6: VS San Diego, Lost 27-14. SD is one of the best teams in the NFL. Moss was injured for most of the game.

As you can see the Raiders have had a rediculous schedule but have also beaten possibly the best team in the NFC if not the NFL. This team is MUCH better than what their record shows, most teams would be 0-5 or 1-4 too with that schedule(especially the bills). This is NOT an easy game. Moss being hurt helps a ton, but it won't be enough. I fully expect the raiders to rout buffalo on sunday.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why is everybody underestimating the Raiders??

I'm not. These guys have the capabilities of exploding at any given second. They're looking to get back on track against Buffalo and there is no better place to do just that then at home.

The way our run defense has been these days, Jordan will probably have 160 yards and 2 TDs.

Comment

• AndreReed83
      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
      • Mar 2004

I can't even read your message, (first person I've ever ignored, congrats), and I can already tell that the reason most would underestimate the Raiders is because 1) They are 1-4. 2) They have a bad defense. 3) Their best player on offense, Randy Moss, is almost certainly not playing. 4) The Bills already know not to underestimate the Raiders because the Cowboys obviously did. Thanks for the heads up, Bledsoe! The Bills are going to bring their A-game. Plus, the cheeseburgers are back!

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Bledsoefan4life
        Junior Zoner
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
        I'm not. These guys have the capabilities of exploding at any given second. They're looking to get back on track against Buffalo and there is no better place to do just that then at home.

The way our run defense has been these days, Jordan will probably have 160 yards and 2 TDs.
        yes there is nothign like a game against the bills defense to get back on track sadly...i imagine jordan is licking his chops after seeing what his mentor did on sunday. Curtis Martin had done nothing all year until he got to jump start his season playing the bills pourous run defense. If oakland controls the clock the bills won't have a chance, not that they do to begin with.

I look for Joey Porter to have a huge game as well, he reminds me of dante stallworth and we saw how he abused nate clements all day long.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
          I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Bledsoefan4life
          yes there is nothign like a game against the bills defense to get back on track sadly...i imagine jordan is licking his chops after seeing what his mentor did on sunday. Curtis Martin had done nothing all year until he got to jump start his season playing the bills pourous run defense. If oakland controls the clock the bills won't have a chance, not that they do to begin with.

I look for Joey Porter to have a huge game as well, he reminds me of dante stallworth and we saw how he abused nate clements all day long.
          Joey Porter doesn't play for the Raiders. Jerry Porter does.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Captain Obvious
            I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
            • Jul 2005

The Oakland Raiders are much better than their record shows, why is everyone so quick to underrate them? The Raiders have played:

-Week 1: @ New England, Lost 30-20. Before the rash of injuries to NE and during the incredible home winning streak.
            -Week 2: VS Kansas City, Lost 23-17. Held KC to 23 points, lost by only 6 points. TD and extra point and they win.
            -Week 3: @Philledelphia, Lost 23-20. Lost by a FG.
            -Week 4: VS Dallas, Won 19-13. Beat argueably the best team and QB in the NFC. In fact Studsoe and his high octane offense were stymied for 3 quarters
            -Week 5: Bye.
            -Week 6: VS San Diego, Lost 27-14. SD is one of the best teams in the NFL. Moss was injured for most of the game.

As you can see the Raiders have had a rediculous schedule but have also beaten possibly the best team in the NFC if not the NFL. This team is MUCH better than what their record shows, most teams would be 0-5 or 1-4 too with that schedule(especially the bills). This is NOT an easy game. Moss being hurt helps a ton, but it won't be enough. I fully expect the raiders to rout buffalo on sunday.
            Do the Indianapolis colts and their 6-0 record mean anything to you?

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• AndreReed83
              Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
              • Mar 2004

I think it's funny how Drew boy here gets lambasted on every post he makes, yet somehow, he thinks he's the man or something. LMAO. Cowboys as best team in the NFL? Dude, you have the Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks, Falcons, Panthers, and the Jags with similar or better records then the Cowboys. At least half of those teams are better then the Cowboys, who are just starting to get hit by the injury bug. And no, I'm not being biased, I have seen every Dallas game this year. You can argue that they could easily be 5-1, 6-0. The could easily be 1-5, or 2-4. Actually, they were much close to being to the 1-5, 2-4 area, then being 5-1, 6-0. And WILLIS21, go easy on Drew about the Joey Porter thing. Dudsoe has been hit so often, I think we should commend him for at least getting the correct LETTER in his first name. Good job.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
              "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

I can't wait til midnight!

Comment

• Bledsoefan4life
                  Junior Zoner
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                  Do the Indianapolis colts and their 6-0 record mean anything to you?
                  Yes, the colts suck they have an easy schedule and will no doubt finish 13-3 or better because they play NOBODY...another pretender Bledstud will make look stupid if they make it to the superbowl. In fact I remember Drew used to own manning back when the colts were still in the afc east. Drew must like playing the manning family, he alway seems to school them.

Comment

• Bledsoefan4life
                    Junior Zoner
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by AndreReed83
                    I think it's funny how Drew boy here gets lambasted on every post he makes, yet somehow, he thinks he's the man or something. LMAO. Cowboys as best team in the NFL? Dude, you have the Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Bucs, Seahawks, Falcons, Panthers, and the Jags with similar or better records then the Cowboys. At least half of those teams are better then the Cowboys, who are just starting to get hit by the injury bug. And no, I'm not being biased, I have seen every Dallas game this year. You can argue that they could easily be 5-1, 6-0. The could easily be 1-5, or 2-4. Actually, they were much close to being to the 1-5, 2-4 area, then being 5-1, 6-0. And WILLIS21, go easy on Drew about the Joey Porter thing. Dudsoe has been hit so often, I think we should commend him for at least getting the correct LETTER in his first name. Good job.
                    Jerry Porter...whatever. Yes the cowboys could easily be 6-0, or they could be 0-6...woulda, coulda, shoulda...means nothing this team is a juggernaut and is starting to click on all 3 phases of the game. Studsoe was carrying the offense early, now the defense has come into their own the last few weeks against two of the leagues best offensive teams. Next up, another powerhouse in seattle. Also Jose 'Baby' Cortez is starting to make clutch kicks.

I'm continuously amazed at how well Parcell's coached teams come together, but the bigger story this season is Drew Bledsoe being the frontrunner for league MVP.

Comment

• drfunk
                      • Sep 2005

YO, WTF IS YOUR PROBLEM DUDE??? YOU COPY AND PASTED MY POST ON BUFFALOBILLS.COM FORUM AND DON'T EVEN GIVE ME CREDIT? COME UP WITH YOUR OWN IDEAS INSTEAD OF CLAIMING OTHERS THOUGHTS FOR YOUR OWN.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Either the caps lock is stuck, or drfunk is really pissed.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

The Oakland Raiders are much better than their record shows, why is everyone so quick to underrate them?

give me some links from around here and i'll set these people straight.until then, :stfu:
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                            Either the caps lock is stuck, or drfunk is really pissed.

i bet he's pissed.he should be.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

I hope Jordan is licking his chops seeing what his mentor did on Sunday - and that was LOSE THE GAME! Jordan is welcome to follow in his footsteps...

Comment

Working...
                              X