• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Rebuilding year?

OK....

We'e 3-4 and going into Foxboro to play what historically has been our worst performance of the year....

If we come out of this at 3-5 going into the Bye week, should we just write this season off, or make something of it?

If we continue to play Holcomb at QB, this is not a rebuilding year...it's a LOST year. This guy simply is NOT the QB of our future. The "win now" mentality will be DEAD if we are 3-5.

If (and it's a pretty good possibility) we come out of next week at 3-5, we should turn this into a true rebuilding year by letting JP come in, take his lumps, and try to see if this kid can show himself to be what it takes to be an NFL QB. Let him take his lumps...we've got nothing to lose. If we don't, this isn't a "rebuilding" year.

Eli Manning sucked last year. After taking his lumps, he's turning into a good QB.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Rebuilding year?

it's a rebuilding decade.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
      OK....

We'e 3-4 and going into Foxboro to play what historically has been our worst performance of the year....

If we come out of this at 3-5 going into the Bye week, should we just write this season off, or make something of it?

If we continue to play Holcomb at QB, this is not a rebuilding year...it's a LOST year. This guy simply is NOT the QB of our future. The "win now" mentality will be DEAD if we are 3-5.

If (and it's a pretty good possibility) we come out of next week at 3-5, we should turn this into a true rebuilding year by letting JP come in, take his lumps, and try to see if this kid can show himself to be what it takes to be an NFL QB. Let him take his lumps...we've got nothing to lose. If we don't, this isn't a "rebuilding" year.

Eli Manning sucked last year. After taking his lumps, he's turning into a good QB.
      yes,once again. until they fire donahoe then i will give full respect to this team and hope they do better.
      :oldskool:
      micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
        Truedat!! I would put JP in for the rest of the year. This team isn't anywheres near close to being ready for any playoffs.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• MikeInRoch
          • Sep 2003

Rebuilding implies moving forward. I'm not sure we qualify.
          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Rebuilding from rebuilding?

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
              Rebuilding implies moving forward. I'm not sure we qualify.
              by leaving JP on the bench however, we might as well be moving in reverse
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                OK....

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Nothing like rebuilding on a team that never made the playoffs. Thanks again Donahoe and Mularkey.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

We had the talent to make the playoffs but we can't get the coaching to take us there.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      by leaving JP on the bench however, we might as well be moving in reverse
                      Yeah, if you stop your space craft, and the rest of the world keeps moving forward, are you moving in reverse?

It seriously feels that way.

Ya know, all of us can protest to put Losman back in, but NO ONE in the media would agree with us. Its almost like they live their lives on a LONG live delay.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                        • Jan 2004

Shutup Guys.

It takes 10 years to really build a franchise.

Give Donahoe time.

Its only been 5 years, and we are slowly making progress.

Just give him time, and you will see.

Be patient, we have a bright future.
                        You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          awesome

It definitely sucks to not win consistently.

Comment

• colin
                            Drew's my hero!
                            • Jul 2002

i am not sure about rebuilding.

we do so well in opening drives, best in the NFL. this tells me we have something there. it is just that we fall apart after that, so we need some big time improvements.

we aren't there yet, but i don't think we are that far away right now.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Yes.

We aren't going to make the playoffs. This team is not a playoff team, regardless of the QB. JP's growth is getting stunted by not playing, so he'll have to to start over again next season. MM/TD have effectively pushed back our becoming competitive by yet another year. NOTE: I am not guaranteeing JP is the real deal. I am

Comment

Working...
                              X