• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colin
    Drew's my hero!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Alright, who's with me

williams will be too expensive to cut and if we do he will sign a long term contract quickly for big money (although it might not be as good as his rookie contract).

williams has been hurt this year, but when healthy he is still our best lineman and is very good when running the ball.

if we can get him to restructure that would be good, and we should have some kind of leverage, but we won't get better by getting rid of players.

peters at LT (if he can play it well of course) and Gandy at RT gives us our best possible line.

bennie anderson needs to be removed, and gandy might be good as a back up, but he is not starter quality.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

This is an easy one. Peters needs to develop at LT. Lt is one of the toughest positions to fill and Peters will get signed to a long term deal that will not break us. RT's are a dime a dozen. Fat Mike needs to renegotiate from his 9 million dollar salary, which hpoefully he will do. The problem being that some idiot team might pay him more that what we want to offer. Keep Gandy as a backup either on the right side or left and cut that piece of sh..t Jerman. Hopefully our line will get better and maybe players like Preston will develop.
      By the way Peters is my favorite player. He is a winner. PERIOD.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

We need to just realize that we are going nowhere the season and start bringing in fresh blood.

Peters should be starting from here on in along with:

Duke Preston

Justin Geisinger (cant spell his damn name)

Rashad Baker (should be getting some more time somewhere as well.)

We need to just pull a Cincy Bengals from a couple years back and start fresh. We then need to draft a friggin OL/DL in the first round.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
          Yeah we can't cut Williams. Too big of a salary cap hit. Maybe we think about moving him to Guard???
          I'm not sure folks are being realistic about Williams.

The only reason this guy isn't our starting RT right now is because he is not 100%.

If he's healthy, he is our best RT, hands down.

He showed improvement last year and none of us were as concerned about him in the offseason as we were about the left side of the line.

He isn't staying healthy.

What good does moving him to guard do if he's injured?

If he can't get healthy, either restructure him or find him a new home.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Gandy is doing just fine. Peters is not ready to protect a QB's blind side.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
              Gandy is doing just fine. Peters is not ready to protect a QB's blind side.
              I agree but I think that (call me nuts) Peters gives us an upgrade at the RT. Mike Williams is a tank and can truck with the best of them but his lack of athleticism is his major downfall. The guy couldnt catch a poor bastard on a wheel chair if his life depended on it.

Jason Peters may not be as big as Mike Williams but he is faster and has the football strength (leveridge). This is the first rule of being a successful OL. Watch MW's knees when he makes contact. They are not bent at all, he is standing strait up. I dont care how small you are, if you can get under a guy that big you are going to at least stale mate him.

MW might be better fit at OG if he can drop about 30 pounds.

Comment

Working...
              X