Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you take Reggie Bush? if you were the Bills?

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Would you take Reggie Bush? if you were the Bills?

Lets say this right now. I absolutely LOVE McGahee. To me he is a top 5 RB, probably top 2. By no means do I dislike the guy in any way shape or form. But, no player is perfect. He does have a few things that can be bothersome.

I still have yet to see true breakway speed from him
    I do feel he bulls his way through and therefore sometimes goes down pretty quick

Now, I am a HUGE draft fan. Its ridiculous, I have watched the ENTIRE drafts and recorded the picks for the past 6 years by last count. Ive made good calls on players and bad calls on players. My most notable bust was Harrington who I really thought would be decent. However, I also predicted guys like Kearse, Jamal Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, Eli, Carson Palmer, and most recently Roy Williams WR and Jerome Mathis (not there yet just wait).

In my estimation and honest opinion, Reggie Bush is the best prospect since Barry Sanders at RB. Yes that includes Marshall Faulk. This guy is a future star and can do for the RB world what Manning has done for the QB world. Hes that good.

I see some assets for the Bills in a guy like Bush. If he gets past the D-line, hes gone. There is NO ONE that can catch this guy. I think he has the field vision and sick moves to rival Sanders.

So, your the Bills. You already have a top 5 RB, and you end up having Reggie drop into your lap. Do you take him? I could argue that I would. I would ONLY do it if you cant trade down right there and you were not gonna get LOTS of picks to do it. You then could probably trade either to some teams and get a kings ransom in return. Will another team pull a Ditka and fess a whole draft? probably not, but maybe their top 5 picks or something? who knows.

Personally I am a McGahee fan and want nothing more than him at RB. But, if our worst fears come true and we end up top 5 in the draft, he might drop, probably will be a top 2 pick, but if he dropped to us and we couldnt get enough to move down, Id think long and hard about taking him.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 3,559 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Would you take Reggie Bush? if you were the Bills?

Quote Originally Posted by jp-era
    Lets say this right now. I absolutely LOVE McGahee. To me he is a top 5 RB, probably top 2. By no means do I dislike the guy in any way shape or form. But, no player is perfect. He does have a few things that can be bothersome.

I do feel he bulls his way through and therefore sometimes goes down pretty quick

Now, I am a HUGE draft fan. Its ridiculous, I have watched the ENTIRE drafts and recorded the picks for the past 6 years by last count. Ive made good calls on players and bad calls on players. My most notable bust was Harrington who I really thought would be decent. However, I also predicted guys like Kearse, Jamal Lewis, Shaun Alexander, Tomlinson, Chad Johnson, Eli, Carson Palmer, and most recently Roy Williams WR and Jerome Mathis (not there yet just wait).

In my estimation and honest opinion, Reggie Bush is the best prospect since Barry Sanders at RB. Yes that includes Marshall Faulk. This guy is a future star and can do for the RB world what Manning has done for the QB world. Hes that good.

I see some assets for the Bills in a guy like Bush. If he gets past the D-line, hes gone. There is NO ONE that can catch this guy. I think he has the field vision and sick moves to rival Sanders.

So, your the Bills. You already have a top 5 RB, and you end up having Reggie drop into your lap. Do you take him? I could argue that I would. I would ONLY do it if you cant trade down right there and you were not gonna get LOTS of picks to do it. You then could probably trade either to some teams and get a kings ransom in return. Will another team pull a Ditka and fess a whole draft? probably not, but maybe their top 5 picks or something? who knows.

Personally I am a McGahee fan and want nothing more than him at RB. But, if our worst fears come true and we end up top 5 in the draft, he might drop, probably will be a top 2 pick, but if he dropped to us and we couldnt get enough to move down, Id think long and hard about taking him.
    No. I wouldn't draft Bush. I wouldn't draft anyone that early. It's too expensive. I would trade down and aquire another draft pick.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,407 Times in 13,792 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bush is at least as good as Tomlinson. I'd love to see him in a Bills uni, but there's no way we get a shot at him without trading our entire draft and half our team.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    Bush is at least as good as Tomlinson. I'd love to see him in a Bills uni, but there's no way we get a shot at him without trading our entire draft and half our team.
    Unfortunately, there is only 2 teams that are 2 games worse than we are with just 1 win. there are 8 teaqms one game worse with just 2 wins.

No one likes thinking this way, but with our schedule, we could end up in the top 5 or 3 or even 3 in next years draft.

It could happen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

no way we get him

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would draft every guy off the Trojan OL before I would even consider looking at an RB.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hell no I wouldnt but I wouldnt put it past TD. I want OL/DL right now.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    Hell no I wouldnt but I wouldnt put it past TD. I want OL/DL right now.
    I agree we need O, and safety wouldn't hurt...we are not getting any younger at that position.
    The Police Love the Bills

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Reggie Bush is slightly overrated IMO. If he wants to be a featured RB in the NFL, he's going to have to bulk up a bit. Right now, he is a smaller Warrick Dunn. He does NOT have moves like Faulk or Sanders did. I'm not even convinced that he is worth a top 10 pick. Considering what Lendale White has been able to do, I wonder if it's the system plus some good but not great talent.
    If we were lucky enough to have Kiwanuka available when we draft, I hope they make the right move.
    If Bush were to fall in our lap after a few teams drafted who all need to look at RB, I'd also pass.
    SF
    GB
    Cleveland
    Minnesota
    Arizona

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Our O and D lines need serious attention. We have drafted a ton of skill players the last few years, with meager results. Let's draft some stud linemen before we go for another RB, WR, or QB.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by andyxc71
    Reggie Bush is slightly overrated IMO. If he wants to be a featured RB in the NFL, he's going to have to bulk up a bit. Right now, he is a smaller Warrick Dunn. He does NOT have moves like Faulk or Sanders did. I'm not even convinced that he is worth a top 10 pick. Considering what Lendale White has been able to do, I wonder if it's the system plus some good but not great talent.
    If we were lucky enough to have Kiwanuka available when we draft, I hope they make the right move.
    If Bush were to fall in our lap after a few teams drafted who all need to look at RB, I'd also pass.
    SF
    GB
    Cleveland
    Minnesota
    Arizona
    Sorry, thats not what I see at all. I watch him hurdle players, juke them out of their shorts, swerve around DB's, and blast through the line like a missle.

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    Our O and D lines need serious attention. We have drafted a ton of skill players the last few years, with meager results. Let's draft some stud linemen before we go for another RB, WR, or QB.

I would love Reggie Bush too, but we need serious help on the line.

Of course we have to hope we pick some stud linemen this time.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, thats not what I see at all. I watch him hurdle players, juke them out of their shorts, swerve around DB's, and blast through the line like a missle.
    I've seen him do the same. I don't deny he has the skills to be a good player in the NFL, but his size makes him more a member of a two headed attack like in Atlanta. It's more his speed than his jukes that make people miss.
    McGahee runs better the more you feed it to him. Bush would be nicked up after a 25-30 rush game against NFL LB's.
    My comparison to Dunn is a compliment.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

any Bills fan, and i mean ANY that thinks McGahee is all that & then some is in denial and blinded by 1 stat. yardage. He hesitates, can't juke,,MIA stiffarm, no speed, mediocre recieving threat, a egomaniac.. on a positive note he drags the pile.... But i hope he improves soon or we should keep him hostage at his cheap salary next year also. SO YES i say draft a RB high. And
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bush is a huge talent and I would love to have him on my football team, but with McGahee on the team already, drafting Bush is not enough of an upgrade over him to ignore the critical needs Buffalo has. The only way I would consider it would be if I were sure I could make a blockbuster trade, trading McGahee for a difference maker at defensive tackle, or left tackle and maybe a promising young talent to boot.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No...nada ....heck no ......Why would we draft a small tweener rb...The guy is not even the full time starter on his own college team....He splits time with white... You build teams with the front seven on def and the o-line on off. Let's spend this first three picks wisely by picking up a dt -ol-(ot)-and a ss

Bmax...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes I absolutely would draft Bush.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I realize that OL and DT are the teams biggest needs. Reggie Bush is a rare freak who can break open a game. I'd take him in a second but when the Bills pick, he'll be long gone.

Matters little as TD is busy scouting TE/Long Snappers who are rehabbing a serious knee injury.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

McGahee is good but the 2nd best?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog
    I agree we need O, and safety wouldn't hurt...we are not getting any younger at that position.
    I dont think that youth is our problem on the OL. Its more like we arent getting any more talented.