Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN just said...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

ESPN just said...

That Kelly Holcomb is on a short leash. If he's struggling to put points on the board over the next couple weeks another switch could be made.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: ESPN just said...

Face it. The 14-17 points a game he's giving is isn't gonna cut it and win us games.

If this stays the case then it's time to find out if Losman has came around any the last month in his development.

Maybe the staff feels he's improved enough to take over the reigns again. Who knows where he would be in his development had he stayed in over the past month.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

They are just geniouses arent they! (not aimed at you) but i think everyone on this board knew that already.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21
    That Kelly Holcomb is on a short leash. If he's struggling to put points on the board over the next couple weeks another switch could be made.
    For the life of me I dont know why a career backup with our schedule this year had any leash at all.

The sooner Kelly heads back to the bench the less games we have to lose next year. Lets just move on already.

I could just copy and paste this at say 5pm on Sunday.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Face it. The 14-17 points a game he's giving is isn't gonna cut it and win us games.

If this stays the case then it's time to find out if Losman has came around any the last month in his development.

Maybe the staff feels he's improved enough to take over the reigns again. Who knows where he would be in his development had he stayed in over the past month.
    What are you talking about? we DID go into the half 3 to 0 against the world champs, in their house, and in a big division game.

If you lead the whole race in Nascar but dont cross the finish line, you still lose.

BillsZone bowling team MVP chubluv's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thats great. Just what we need more switching at positons. Isnt this stuff they should have taken care of in July/Aug?

What all of a sudden they figure lets play merry go round with the QB's & Musical chairs with the O-Line.

We are in 5th place
    Clump is on the IR
    Chubluv average is 167
    Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
    Become a member of BDZ !!!!

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,504 Times in 15,589 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

It's nice to be compared to a dog, isn't it?

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I say let's take off the bandaid and let the bleeding begin. The sooner we get the bleeding started the sooner we'll scab up and heal to the better.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Pride
    They are just geniouses arent they! (not aimed at you) but i think everyone on this board knew that already.
    yup, If the bills struggle in the 1st half, I expect JP to start the 2nd half.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,402 Times in 13,788 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    I say let's take off the bandaid and let the bleeding begin. The sooner we get the bleeding started the sooner we'll scab up and heal to the better.
    graphic yet good assessment.

You know, the 14-17 points a game is MORE that what we were scoring at the beginning of last year and MORE than we were scoring with JP in there.

The problem is that the poor performance of the D has completely screwed up the design of this team. If we could have scored 17 a game at the start of last year, we would have been 5-1 instead of the other way around.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This coaching staff doesn't have any identity, plan or direction. They have no long term plan. They are on a week to week basis if not a half by half basis.

BillsZone bowling team MVP chubluv's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jp-era
    For the life of me I dont know why a career backup with our schedule this year had any leash at all.

The sooner Kelly heads back to the bench the less games we have to lose next year. Lets just move on already.

I could just copy and paste this at say 5pm on Sunday.
    I hear ya but that is Mike Mularkey for you. With the talent we have right now this team is ready for a playoff run but we don't have the coaching to back it up.

He is the most disapointing coach we have ever had since I've been a fan. There is some talent on the team and we have some veterans who have played together for a few years but they still can't put it all together.

If we had a real coach we'd be 6-2 right now. But since we're stuck with this junk this is the reality we're stuck with.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chubluv
    Couldn't agree more. And who knows how bad the bleeding could be? Losman may have settled down a lot and preform better.

And god only knows where he would be in his development had he never been benched in the first place.

If the Giants would've pulled the plug on Manning after his first 4 miserable starts(Even worse then JP) does anyone really believe he'd be where he was at right now? Not a chance.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You forget that the rest of the AFCE teams are beside the bills in the emergency room. Let's bleed to death or pull the plug even though there might be a cure . The other teams haven't given up, let's be the first ones to. NOT

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    You forget that the rest of the AFCE teams are beside the bills in the emergency room. Let's bleed to death or pull the plug even though there might be a cure . The other teams haven't given up, let's be the first ones to. NOT
    So they would be giving up by going to Losman. Holcomb has been average and a TO machine against bad defenses and we're still only 2-2 with him. It's not like we're lighting up the scoreboard. He only has what 4 passes of over 20 yards? That's not gonna cut it from a 10 year veteran.

Maybe they feel Losman has improved enough where he is at that level now. It wouldn't take that much improvement to move ahead of Holcomb.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

So they would be giving up by going to Losman. Holcomb has been average and a TO machine against bad defenses and we're still only 2-2 with him. It's not like we're lighting up the scoreboard. He only has what 4 passes of over 20 yards? That's not gonna cut it from a 10 year veteran.

Maybe they feel Losman has improved enough where he is at that level now. It wouldn't take that much improvement to move ahead of Holcomb.
    You can say Holcomb is average and we all agree, but inspite of that , he still gives us the best chance.If Holcomb is the better qb which the team thinks he is but we deicde to go w/ Losman, then yes we are giving up the season or whatever chance we have left to develop JP.

I just don't like pulling the plug when the patient says, let's go with what gives me the best chance to live. I'd rather the patient decides his/her fate.

eat, drink, and be merry cordog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I hear ya but that is Mike Mularkey for you. With the talent we have right now this team is ready for a playoff run but we don't have the coaching to back it up.

He is the most disapointing coach we have ever had since I've been a fan. There is some talent on the team and we have some veterans who have played together for a few years but they still can't put it all together.

If we had a real coach we'd be 6-2 right now. But since we're stuck with this junk this is the reality we're stuck with.
    A talented football team can put points up, and stop the run. This team cant do that. We said the same thing when Gregg Williams was the coach. Maybe its not the coaching, its just a bad team. You can only blame the coach for so much, then you have to take a look at the players. This team needs a major overhaul during the offseason.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Last season the Giants were hanging on to their Kurt Warner bandaid at 5-4. They let the bleeding start by plugging in their future, Eli Manning, who led them down the drain with 6 consecutive losses to a 6-10 season.

Look where they healed up to this season. Division leading 6-2.

The Giants team is exactly like ours. A pretty good running back, a couple of decent receivers, an average O-line, and a slightly above average defense. No reason we can't do what they did.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Gosh. I didnt even realize that we were scoring so low with him under Center.