Thread: Forked Thread: About to find out if Clements is worth the cash!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Forked Thread: About to find out if Clements is worth the cash!

Forked from: About to find out if Clements is worth the cash!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamze132
    Donadick and Clements should have a bet going. Nate thinks he's the best CB in the NFL so prove it. If you can keep Steve Smith under control today and more or less shut him down, then you get a contract extension today which reflects you being the best. But if arguably the best receiver, Steve Smith torches you all day, you sign a contract extension reflecting that you are an average CB.
    well, Nate did shut down Steve Smith all day. The only long reception he had was when Smith was lined up in the slot and he wasn't matched up with clements. So, are we over burning clements at the stake?

I think clements is a very good corner back and if we can't afford him the Bills should franchise him.
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,409 Times in 13,793 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Forked Thread: About to find out if Clements is worth the cash!

tough call because they never really challenged Nate. On TV you can't see much.

Anyone who was at the game- was Nate all over him, or were the Panthers just not using him?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

From what I saw on tv and read in the paper the Panthers did not go to Smith much but Smith got the better of Clements when they did go to him. Clements was running his smack on a badly thrown ball out of bounds even though he got burned so Smith was ticked and then on the next play Smith burned Clements bad again for a long gain.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Smith said in his postgame interview that Nate was being babysitted by TV over the top and took exception to Nate's "Shut him down" comments and view of the recievers limited production.

It looked to me like Nate was all over him on the short to medium range patterns and that Vincents' presence allowed him to play that aggressive, knowing that Troy was hawking any deep routes - Nate has the recovery speed to close the distance if Smith breaks loose as long as he has help from the safety position.

Smith said "Nate needed a babysitter the entire game" which enabled DelHomme to get other recievers involved and allowed the Run game enough consistancy to control the ball and clock resulting in a win for the Panthers.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills played Cover 2 the whole game, pure and simple. He is worth some cash, but not top CB in the league cash.

Jon