View Poll Results: What would you rather see ??

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Bills make the playoffs and get embarrased on national TV in the first playoff game

12 48.00%
  • NE make the playoffs and get embarrased on national TV in the first playoff game

13 52.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you rather see ??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

What would you rather see ??

vote now !!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: What would you rather see ??

Bills make it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Always better to see the Bills in the playoffs.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I voted for the Bills because if the Pats make it to the playoffs and lose, the media will fall all over themselves to make excuse for their failure, like they're already doing now.

Injuries, HC lost his brother, losing coaches, distractions, never BB's fault, still a great team, Brady is still the next Messiah, blah blah blah.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,407 Times in 13,792 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I picked NE.

First, I never want to see the Bills embarrassed on TV. Second, if we make the playoffs, we won't get the kinds of changes that are necessary to make this team a real contender. A playoff berth would be a fluke due to a weak division, and a first round blowoud would confirm that.

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

as badly as i want the bills in the playoffs i'd vote NE... this team has been embarassed enough in the past 15 or so years and making the playoffs gives us a bad draft spot, something that we need, eventhough it will probably go to waste on another WR we don't need... let the *******s in Boston suffer for once. i hope they lose worse than the dolphins did against jacksonville.

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37
    I picked NE.

First, I never want to see the Bills embarrassed on TV. Second, if we make the playoffs, we won't get the kinds of changes that are necessary to make this team a real contender. A playoff berth would be a fluke due to a weak division, and a first round blowoud would confirm that.
    Yep.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd want the chance to be in the playoffs. It says that this team isn't that far off from a SB run. Who the F wants to see the Pats in the playoffs again?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RedEyE
    I'd want the chance to be in the playoffs. It says that this team isn't that far off from a SB run. Who the F wants to see the Pats in the playoffs again?
    it doesn't say ****. If we get in, it would mean we'd be about 8-8 or 9-7, and played 6 games against division opponents that were worse than that. The Eagles made it to the SB last year- so did St. Louis and the Jets. Are any of those teams close to a SB run?

I'm sorry but a playoff berth would just doom us to 3 more years of mediocrity or worse.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

easiest question ever

getting to any playoff game, even a blowout, is waay better than not going at all

stop and think for a minute the benefits to the team and its a no brainer

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    easiest question ever
    getting to any playoff game, even a blowout, is waay better than not going at all
    stop and think for a minute the benefits to the team and its a no brainer
    what benefits?

1. The entire country would see that we're an embarrassment and only got into the playoffs as a fluke
    2. Few changes would be made in the off-season, especially not coach or GM- that's DEFINITELY not good for the team
    3. It could potentially rattle the confidence of the young guys.
    4. Our draft picks would go down, and this team has plenty of holes to plug.

So, what exactly are these benefits of which you speak?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

it doesn't say ****. If we get in, it would mean we'd be about 8-8 or 9-7, and played 6 games against division opponents that were worse than that. The Eagles made it to the SB last year- so did St. Louis and the Jets. Are any of those teams close to a SB run?

I'm sorry but a playoff berth would just doom us to 3 more years of mediocrity or worse.
    It would also mena that we are a better team than we are now. In order for a playoff berth the Bills would nearly have to win out their season. If that happened (highly unlikey - won't happen) that deserves credit. The appearance in the post season is well deserved.

I'm sorry but rooting for the Pats, a division foe, to steal the division and to be a sole representitive for the AFCE is appaling. I can't understand how anyone could wish for that to happen. It's almost treason.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I picked NE.

I agree 4072%
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It would also mena that we are a better team than we are now. In order for a playoff berth the Bills would nearly have to win out their season. If that happened (highly unlikey - won't happen) that deserves credit. The appearance in the post season is well deserved.

I'm sorry but rooting for the Pats, a division foe, to steal the division and to be a sole representitive for the AFCE is appaling. I can't understand how anyone could wish for that to happen. It's almost treason.
    rooting for them has nothing to do with it. They're two games up with 5 to play- it's almost guaranteed at this point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I picked NE.

excellent post. i couldnt agree more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are nuts and are only looking at half the picture.

Look here, in order for the Bills to make the playoffs they have to beat teams like Denver, Cincy and pull off 3 division wins. Now I know that the chances of that happening are slim to none, but if some how they did pull it off, as a fan I would be jumping for joy with my team and would give them the credit they deserve for achieving such a difficult goal. Nearly winning out their schedule gives them playoff credibility and have properly earned and secured a spot in the post season.

Again, I don't think it will happenm, but if it did happen how could we "fans" be disappointed that the Bills took the division and made it to the playoffs. That's better than I previously anticipated. Better than most of us hoped for before this season began.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would rather see my team blown out in the first round of the playoffs then not make the playoffs at all. Some of you guys have been down for so long I'm really starting to question your ability to reason.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

as a fan I would be jumping for joy with my team and would give them the credit they deserve for achieving such a difficult goal..
    and if that ever happened, that means JP has developed already. What true bills fan wouldn't want that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are nuts and are only looking at half the picture.

Look here, in order for the Bills to make the playoffs they have to beat teams like Denver, Cincy and pull off 3 division wins. Now I know that the chances of that happening are slim to none, but if some how they did pull it off, as a fan I would be jumping for joy with my team and would give them the credit they deserve for achieving such a difficult goal. Nearly winning out their schedule gives them playoff credibility and have properly earned and secured a spot in the post season.

Again, I don't think it will happenm, but if it did happen how could we "fans" be disappointed that the Bills took the division and made it to the playoffs. That's better than I previously anticipated. Better than most of us hoped for before this season began.
    It would be better than we hoped for and it would show a significant change in this team. However, beating the Pats at home, the Jets and the Dolphins can't exactly be considered convincing victories in the big picture. Even if the Bills do pull it off and make the playoffs, the OL and DL both need SERIOUS upgrades, and I'm afraid a playoff berth will mask these problems and cause our ego-maniac GM to maintain the status quo in the off-season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would rather see my team blown out in the first round of the playoffs then not make the playoffs at all. Some of you guys have been down for so long I'm really starting to question your ability to reason.
    see my post above about benefits- what exactly does this team gain from being blown out in the first round of the playoffs?