• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ublinkwescore
    Sab and TD are insignificant
    • Sep 2002

Re: So, who CAN stay?

One more thing DaBills - count on TD being gone by no later then january.
    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• DaBills
      • Sep 2004

God I wish he was gone today, lol. Listening to him in the postgame, he sounded like he knows he's gone.

"I'm more then satisfied with Schoebel's play once again - WHEN I LOOK AT THE REST OF THE TEAM."

Agree. And what I'm saying is that a player like a Phil Hanson was a servicable, dependable end when we had an impact guy like Bruce Smith. Players like Smith draw doubles that allow average guys like a Hansen or Aaron to be more effective. Damn, I wish we Pat this year because I think Aaron would look even better than he has.

And as far as getting an OL high-priced, I don't want to go down that road. I go nutz when I think that instead of Williams, we could've had Julius Peppers.
      “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Keep Woody and Hojo.

They're great equiptment managers.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
          If we would have drafted Bryant McKinnie over Williams would you be saying this?
          i understand why your saying this but mckinnie told the world before the draft that he didnt want to play in buffalo

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

McKinnie has been as big a bust in Minn as Williams has been in Buffalo. The only difference is the Vikes keep playing him because they refuse to admit their mistake.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

and yes... i thought Mike Williams would be a bookend LT in this league for the next decade.

I also thought M.W. was a better pick at no.4 then McK. (though i was all for drafting Roy Williams, over either)

we all make mistakes. The difference between a good GM and a poor one, is a good gm makes enough good choices that his bad ones don't stick out like sore thumbs. If Donahoe had delivered AFC East championships... or atleast trips to the playoffs, then we would care less if MW was a bust.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DaBills
                And as far as getting an OL high-priced, I don't want to go down that road. I go nutz when I think that instead of Williams, we could've had Julius Peppers.
                Peppers was the 2nd pick...Williams was 4th.

Perhaps you mean Freeney?

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  McKinnie has been as big a bust in Minn as Williams has been in Buffalo. The only difference is the Vikes keep playing him because they refuse to admit their mistake.
                  This isnt a McKinnie vs. Williams thing. What it is is a discussion about drafting with a top 10 pick, another OT. I dont see any d_ckheads like McKinnie in the top OT ranks. Nor do I see any OT's that appear to be injury prone like Williams.

But, considering the facts that it usually take a while for a OT to play well, I think we would rather invest money via free agency. Besides, the 2nd round or even late 1st is the place to be as far as OT's go. Theres only 1 guy, Ferguson who is worthy of that high of a pick, Eric Winston should go between 15 and 20. Just my opinion.

I like Ngata, Williams if Clement is gone, or a new OLB like AJ Hawk.

It will be interesting to watch USC vs. Tex. many guys who some of us like are in it. Mike Huff, Johnathan Scott, Rodrique Wright, Winston Justice, Darnell Bing.

Huff, Scott, Wright are in shooting distance of our likely pick spot. It would be a great game to scout.

Comment

• DaBills
                    • Sep 2004

" Peppers was the 2nd pick...Williams was 4th.

Perhaps you mean Freeney?"

Yes, thank you. I stand corrected. I thought at the time there was talk of trading up to get him, but it seemed we were so locked in on OL.
                    “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DaBills
                      " Peppers was the 2nd pick...Williams was 4th.

Perhaps you mean Freeney?"

Yes, thank you. I stand corrected. I thought at the time there was talk of trading up to get him, but it seemed we were so locked in on OL.
                      IMO, being locked in to a position is a very very bad thing. A team this bad needs stars more than solid players. If a star is there at a non-need position, I say we look at that player.

Besides, our likely spot is dominated by defensive players. No real WR's, after Bush no real RB's, a few TE's but not that high, just OLB's, a few DB's, and maybe an OT. ANY of those positions we can use help.

Comment

Working...
                      X