X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Salary Cap Cheapos!

Too many people around here hate TD, but nonetheless have been fooled into buying his cheap a$$ approach to Salary Cap management.

Just keep saving money! Maybe we can just cut the whole team. Play with Rookie Free Agents at minimum salary in 2006 and start 2007 with nothing on the cap! It’ll be great. Then we can sign a bunch of average vets, (at a good price) and draft picks and we’ll be a good 40 million under the cap!

That would be the best right Op?
    Resign our own guys!
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Salary Cap Cheapos!

Originally posted by Patrick76777
    Too many people around here hate TD, but nonetheless have been fooled into buying his cheap a$$ approach to Salary Cap management.

Just keep saving money! Maybe we can just cut the whole team. Play with Rookie Free Agents at minimum salary in 2006 and start 2007 with nothing on the cap! It’ll be great. Then we can sign a bunch of average vets, (at a good price) and draft picks and we’ll be a good 40 million under the cap!

Saving money? The Bills are only about 600K under the cap. The only thing being saved is the signing bonuses and they are still paying them out except for the really big ticket guys (i.e., Clements). And they may be able to franchise him for under $6 mil next year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
      Saving money? The Bills are only about 600K under the cap. The only thing being saved is the signing bonuses and they are still paying them out except for the really big ticket guys (i.e., Clements). And they may be able to franchise him for under $6 mil next year.
      Some act like we're 20 million under the cap and don't wanna sign anybody.

With a salary cap you can only sign so many guys to big contracts. The guys who get the big deals need to be your best core players of the team. The rest of the guys you need to build around them cheaply. This isn't MLB.

If you give somebody a big contract then you damn well better make sure they are worth the money.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Not this again. We use up our salary cap space. It's not like we're millions and millions under the cap. You can only spend so much. You can't just go out and sign every player you want.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

dude you really need to check your facts. Did you see Eb's post? We're 600k under the cap. What kind of impact FA could we have signed for that much? That's barely over vet minimum.

So sign Clements and keep Moulds and be stuck with $60 million to pay 51 other guys, fix the O-line and fix the D line. That will work well. Then we can be like the Titans and cut six starters due to the cap, or be like the Redskins who currently have a salary of $112 million for next season (over $20 million above the estimated cap).

I'm sorry, Patrick, but you just don't live in reality. If refusing to overpay vets who aren't performing so we can fix holes in this team is being a "cap cheapo", then I guess I'm a cheapo.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

maybe Patrick does have the right idea. Since young cheap players never do anything, here's what we should do:

Sign Moulds, Clements, Spikes, Fletcher, Adams and McGahee to monster contracts. Trade JP, Parrish, Evans, McGee, Crowell and our entire 2006 draft for Peyton Manning and Julius Peppers. We can make up the money by signing a bunch of vet no-names for O line, D line, linebacker, and safety. Two years from now, we'll be $30 million over the cap, but at least we won't be cheapos.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

WTF i thought we were like 5-7 mil under atm.
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                WTF i thought we were like 5-7 mil under atm.
                I think that's under next year's projected cap. For some reason, Patrick thinks that we're millions under this year's cap and TD was just being cheap by not signing players with it, which isn't the case at all.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Ah right gotcha.

Comment

• lordofgun
                    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

As clump states on the cap page, we had to cut Bledsoe and let Pat Williams go just to get under the cap for this year.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• wchutalkinboutwillis
                      • Mar 2005

There's a lot of posters that come here and say "Ralph's cheap. He won't spend the money." Blah, blah, blah. It couldn't be further from the truth. Ralph may have been like that in the 70's and early 80's but he started to change his philosophy starting with the #1 overall pick in '85. He told Polian to do "whatever it takes" to sign Bruce Smith. That philosophy has endured for 20 years but the difference now is that he has a moron playing with his money.

"If I had my way, I'd shuffle off to Buffalo. Sit by the lake and watch the world go by." Fogerty

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

I think Mike Williams and Moulds are killing us in the salary cap. I'd love to sign Moulds for half of what he's set to make next year. As for Williams - I say dump him. Peters is doing an order of magnitude better job that him and he doesn't even make 10% of what Mike gets. Plus the draft is full of Tackles next year. I say we get one in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

The biggest question is what to do with NC...my 1st impulse is to franchise and trade him and let's get some young blood here and hope to get some good prospects in the draft...

Comment

• Iehoshua
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          As clump states on the cap page, we had to cut Bledsoe and let Pat Williams go just to get under the cap for this year.
                          So the entire premise of this thread is misinformation!

Gotcha!

WTG Patrick! Your bs streak is going strong!

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              I think Mike Williams and Moulds are killing us in the salary cap. I'd love to sign Moulds for half of what he's set to make next year. As for Williams - I say dump him. Peters is doing an order of magnitude better job that him and he doesn't even make 10% of what Mike gets. Plus the draft is full of Tackles next year. I say we get one in the 2nd or 3rd rd.

The biggest question is what to do with NC...my 1st impulse is to franchise and trade him and let's get some young blood here and hope to get some good prospects in the draft...
                              yeah Williams needs to go- I wouldn't pay him vet minimum. He's always injured and doesn't play well when he is in there. He should just be flat out cut.

Nate is an above average corner who will get top corner money- that's BS. I'd like to keep him for a salary that matches his performance, but that just ain't gonna happen. Franchise him and get what we can.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X