Thread: Colin Cole

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Colin Cole

how do you Draft Guys feel about this guy(colin cole), he has been my pick for the bills 2nd rounder.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    I don't think he's a decond rounder.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Eating peanut butter, TigerJ?

LOL

Colin Cole/-Iowa/DT

(6-2, 307, estimated 5.15 40 time)

2002 Season Stats: 13 games, 85 tackles, 18 tackles for loss, 9 sacks, 1 pass broken up, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 forced fumble

2001 Season Stats: 12 games, 64 tackles, 15 tackles for loss, 6 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 2 fumble recoveries

Positives: Has an excellent defensive lineman build. Has a thick lower body and can play with power and leverage. Is quick into gaps and will make plays in the opponent’s backfield.

Negatives: Lacks ideal height, doesn’t appear to be as tall as his listed height. May only fit into a one-gap defensive scheme. Has missed some playing time during his career with various injuries.

Overall analysis: After serving in a reserve role for the majority of his first two seasons at Iowa, Cole moved into the starting lineup as a junior. Cole was solid in 2001, but emerged as a true playmaker as a senior. Cole has excellent lower body strength, and uses that strength to get in between blockers and into the opponent’s backfield. He consistently plays with a low pad level and does a nice job maintaining his balance. However, Cole is on the short side and may only be able to play in a one-gap defensive scheme once he reaches the next level. And even though he has never been seriously injured, Cole has missed a game here and there due to an injury. Entering this season with a later round grade, Cole really stepped up and established himself as a legitimate prospect. Currently Cole grades out in the round three area.
    NFL Draft Blitz

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    This kid has Bannan written all over him.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    Which begs the question: "If we've already got Bannan, why do we need Cole?"

BTW I lub peanut budder, Mel.