Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle: Rampage Update

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle: Rampage Update

The press conference has been pushed to 2:30 pm ET.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Looks like we know who the Ralph Wilson of the league is , cheap, indesicive and calling lots of press conferences to hear his own voice

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rampage Owner Michael Thomas: "I am here to announce that Head Coach Brad Childress has given me his resignation and will no longer be the head coach of the Rochester Rampage. There was a meeting yesterday between myself, Tom Modrak, and Brad Childress. Childress had some concerns with the direction this team is headed and relayed some of his problems to me. We tried to work it out all night long and after some intense discussions, we felt it was best for Coach Childress and the team that we part ways. We wish him all the best and thank him for his service. The search to fill his spot will begin immediately."

Rampage GM Tom Modrak: "The coaching search will begin today and there are already several guys that we have in mind. It will be an extensive search and we expect to be done sometime next week."

On losing QB Donovan McNabb:
    "I am very sad to see Donovan McNabb go. Donovan was a huge part of the team and those will be some big shoes to fill. We needed him to take a paycut to help us get under the cap, and tried our best to retain him. I guess we didn't realize that the Pimps would be coveting him as much as they did. We are looking at all options to fill his roster spot and Kelly Holcomb will be offered a chance to compete, along with Kyle Orton and another Quarterback to be named later."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Damn it. I knew I should have tagged him at $7.5

Oh well. Good luck with him.
    Thanks. Hopefully Philly gets him another target and he can play good. I'm still gonna get a young guy in the rookie draft to try and develop.

If he works out then I can keep him for cheaper and/or get rid of one of them for draft picks. If he's only average then I have myself a backup.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow! A crazy day gets even more interesting.....

The Rochester Rampage just signed former Kansas City Deuces OLB, Takeo Spikes in free agency. It appears that the Rampage are hoping he recovers from his injury and is back to form. This is definitely a chance that they are taking. Hopefully it will pan out.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Wow! A crazy day gets even more interesting.....

The Rochester Rampage just signed former Kansas City Deuces OLB, Takeo Spikes in free agency. It appears that the Rampage are hoping he recovers from his injury and is back to form. This is definitely a chance that they are taking. Hopefully it will pan out.
    He won't do anything for you this year but like the guys I picked up if he returns to form you will have yourself a good player in 2007.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21
    He won't do anything for you this year but like the guys I picked up if he returns to form you will have yourself a good player in 2007.
    thats exactly why I did it.

All my LBs were getting less than $500k a year, I got rid of my two high priced ones in trades...so I decided to bring one back that could be worth that contract. I may end up restructuring a contract or two when i want to sign him long term.
    plus, $5 million is pretty cheap for a player like Takeo Spikes.

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is what I was thinking. I actually asked Eb if I could up his RFA contract to 5 mil cause I really wanted to keep him but it was too late as I turned in my final roster. In the end, Colvin at 1 mil, Merriman at 1 mil, and Tatupu at 200k will be fine for me for a long time. Plus, I have some very cheap young good backups in Nick Greisen and Derek Smith at 300K and 500K respectively. Spikes was a risk the Super Deuces were willing to take. Now, the only question is what to do with that 4 mil in "extra" cap space.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Coaching Search Update:
    It appears the Rochester Rampage have narrowed their list down to two candidates, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis and Former Packers' coach Mike Sherman. The team is expected to announce their decision sometime in the next few days.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BREAKING NEWS:
    Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis has reached an agreement in principle with the Rochester Rampage to become the team's new head coach, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports. The Rampage are expected to formally introduce Weis at a 4:30 p.m. ET news conference Monday.

Weis was selected by Rampage owner Michael Thomas and general manager Tom Modrak from a group that included former Packers coach Mike Sherman, former Bills coach Marv Levy and former Saints coach Jim Haslett. On Saturday, the Bills narrowed their list to Weis and Sherman, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Weis will become the Rampage's second head coach in 2 years, after Brad Childress resigned abruptly during the offseason.
    Last edited by Michael82; 06-05-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

RAMPAGE PRESS CONFERENCE: 6/5/2006

Rampage GM Tom Modrak: "Thank you all for coming here today. This is a very special day for the Rochester Rampage. After an extensive research and interview process, we feel we have found the guy that we are looking for. He has great pedigree, great integrity and is a heckuva football coach too. We are thrilled to have him aboard and feel that he can lead this team to the next level. So without further delay, I am proud to introduce the next head coach of the Rochester Rampage, Charlie Weis."

Rampage HC Charlie Weis:"Well, thank you, Mr. Thomas and Mr. Modrak and everyone else in the Rochester Rampage family for providing me with this opportunity to be in front of you today.

I feel that this team is on the verge of something special and I am glad to be here to help see it thru. Mr. Modrak has done a great job rebuilding this team during the offseason, totally rebuilding the offense. I am excited to work with the weapons that we have here. We have a lot of youth, but also some solid veteran players too, like Marvin Harrison, Drew Bledsoe, and Randy Thomas. Their leadership will be needed to help the new guys out. Bledsoe is very excited to be able to mentor Vince Young and Kyle Orton. I feel we have an offense that can be explosive and can control the clock. The defense should be very good against the run. We have a very solid front 7 and our secondary is young, but developing into a very good one. I also like our special teams and am glad to have a reliable kicker in Jeff Reed, just like we did in New England. That makes a big difference in the game of field position.

I know that we are a little late getting started, but I did have some input in the rookie class thru Tom Modrak as we worked on a contract. I also am a big fan of the free agent class. I'm thrilled to get to work with Deion Branch again. He's a very talented kid who will develop into a solid number 1 receiver.

As for the coaching staff I will be retaining both Eric Mangini and Bobby April. I will also be bringing Josh McDaniels from the Patriots to be my offensive coordinator and will work on filling out the rest of my staff within the next few days. I will be back to introduce the whole staff sometime next week. Thank you."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BREAKING NEWS:

Word out of the Rampage front office is that Drew Bledsoe will be benched following his horrid 7 interception performance. The report says that Drew Bledsoe will be replaced with Chad Pennington effective immediately.

Head Coach Charlie Weis had this to say.... "We felt that something needed to be done to help fix this offense. Drew Bledsoe has been struggling with his game and we want to see what Chad Pennington can do. We are aware that Chad is coming off a shoulder injury and we will try to keep him healthy, but a change was needed."