Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle: Rampage Update

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Rochester Democrat & Chronicle: Rampage Update

After a disappointing finish to the season, the Rochester Rampage made it a priority to upgrade their team, especially their offense. After two big trades today, it looks like they did just that.

The first trade brought Super Bowl MVP Deion Branch, along with TE Doug Jolley to Rochester in exchange for TE Daniel Graham.

The second trade brought star WR Marvin Harrison, DT DeWayne Robertson, ILB Hunter Hillenmeyer, CB Drayton Florence, and a 3rd round rookie pick from the Oklahoma Outlaws in exchange for MLB London Fletcher, RB LaMont Jordan, and CB David Barrett.

Coach Childress was excited with the additions to the offense, but he said that he'll be very sad to see London Fletcher go. "He was a big part of the defense and a leader. He'll be hard to replace, but I'm sure that Hunter Hillenmeyer will do a nice job filling in."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Rochester Democrat & Chronicle: Rampage Update

When reached for comment, QB Donovan McNabb was seen celebrating with Rudi Johnson. "I am very excited about the offense this year. With Rudi Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Deion Branch, Drew Bennett, Laveranues Coles, Reggie Brown, and Doug Jolley, we got a lot of options."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Rochester Rampage are happy to announce the acquisition of QB Kelly Holcomb for a 5th round rookie draft pick out of the 2006 BZFL Rookie Draft. The Rampage also cut struggling QB Kyle Boller after another injury plagued year.

"We are pleased to add a strong backup Quarterback like Kelly Holcomb to our team. We feel that he will do a great job backing up Donovan McNabb next year and our offense wouldn't skip a beat with him behind center."
    Last edited by Michael82; 01-06-2006 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Rochester Rampage announced that the following players have been released to help get under the cap and at the 53 player limit...

WR Drew Bennett
    DT Ryan Sims
    CB/KR Allen Rossum
    DE John Engelberger
    DT Ron Edwards
    C/G Wayne Lucier
    TE Jerame Tuman
    LS Ryan Pontbriand
    G Chris Kemoeatu
    LB Nick Speegle

GM Tom Modrak had this to say about WR Drew Bennett...
    "We are in the middle of rebuilding our offense. After acquiring Wide Receivers Marvin Harrison and Deion Branch, we couldn't afford to keep Drew Bennett at that price. We would welcome him back if he is willing to come back at a lower price in the Free agent draft."

On the rest of the players...
    "It's a tough business and some players had to go. Some of them may be welcomed back at a lower salary, some may not. We are working on fixing our salary cap problems and there will probably be some more changes as we get closer to the draft."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BREAKING NEWS!

Just one day after cutting starting WR Drew Bennett, the Rampage have said goodbye to another receiver. The Rochester Rampage traded WR Laveranues Coles and DB Terrence Holt to the Philadelphia Bushwhackers for DE Will Smith. It appears that there is a major shakeup on the roster. Word out of Rochester is that General Manager Tom Modrak was having problems renegotiating both of the receiver's contracts, plus the additions of Marvin Harrison and Deion Branch didn't help any. Modrak was also looking to bring in another young, up and coming Defensive End. It appears that Shaun Ellis may be on the way out next. Something tells me that we havent heard the last of the recent rebuilding. Stay tuned for more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BREAKING NEWS Part 2

After one major trade this afternoon, the Rochester Rampage continue to shake up their roster by acquiring TE Alge Crumpler. The Rochester Rampage gave up their young stud Guard, Vince Manuwai and an 8th round rookie pick to the Canadian Radiation Kings for TE Alge Crumpler. Then later, they sent TE Jeb Putzier to the LA Playas for some Guard depth in Reggie Wells.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The rebuilding continues on the Rochester Rampage. The latest player to lose a starting job is SS Terrence Kiel. He has been replaced by SS Mike Doss from the Oklahoma Outlaws. Also young up and coming OLB Chaun Thompson was brought over in the trade. Leaving the Rampage for Oklahoma is WR Eric Parker and a 2006 2nd round rookie draft pick.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BREAKING NEWS!

Just days before the start of the new league year, the Rochester Rampage decided to shake things up a bit with the roster. We just got word from GM Tom Modrak that the team has finished up a trade with the Oklahoma Outlaws. The Rampage gave up two key veterans from their defense (DE Reggie Hayward and OLB Brian Simmons) in exchange for DT Ian Scott, OL Travelle Wharton, OT Torrin Tucker, and a 3rd round rookie pick.

Modrak had this to say about the trade... "We are sorry to see Reggie and Brian go, but we really felt that our offensive line needed some improvement. We also were looking to fill in the gap next to Shaun Rogers, that was opened when we cut Ryan Sims."

Overall, it was a solid trade by the Rochester Rampage and will definitely have some ramifications when they get to contract day and cut day to get under the cap.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It appears that the Rochester Rampage aren't done. Less than 24 hours after making the blockbuster trade with the Oklahoma Outlaws, the Rochester Rampage have made another trade, this time with the Los Angeles Playas. The Rampage gave up DT Dewayne Robertson and got Pro Bowl defensive end, Bertrand Berry, to fill the hole created by the departure of Reggie Hayward.

When reached for comment, Coach Childress stated "We are thrilled to add a solid Pro Bowl defensive end to the team. We are glad to have Bertrand Berry aboard and are very confident that he will be back to his regular self after recoving from his injury over the offseason."

Overall, it was another solid trade by the Rampage and I have a feeling that we will be hearing more trades and transactions going on over at Wegmans Field.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

LATE BREAKING NEWS!

The Rampage will announce during a news conference scheduled for 2 p.m. today that Head Coach Brad Childress has resigned and that a search for his replacement is already under way.

Two sources within the organization and one close to Childress confirmed to Gannett Co. Inc. on Thursday that Childress has resigned after one season and a record of 11-7.

Coach Childress quit after a long meeting with GM Tom Modrak and Rampage Owner, Michael Thomas. Apparently Childress was very upset with the major roster overhaul and his boiling point was reached when the Rampage allowed star QB Donovan McNabb, to leave the team for Pennsylvania. After an intense meeting with the top team executives, Childress had enough and handed his resignation to Michael Thomas, effective immediately.

The coaching search will be a quick one, as the Rampage appear to already have their eyes on a few guys. The short list includes former Packers coach Mike Sherman, former Saints coach Jim Haslett, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis, Defensive Coordinator Eric Mangini, and ST coach Bobby April. Look for a head coach to be announced sometime during the Free Agent Draft.

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will be holding my breath Mikey....Thanks for the heads up.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I caused Childress to quit.

I can see why he would quit when the organization lets his proven starting QB sit on the open market for anybody to take.

That's what you get for leaving him up there for the taking. I just got a franchise QB without doing any searching or hard work. Thanks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hire Marv Levy.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'll trade you Mark Brunell for a cheap rookie draft pick. He will hold you over for a season until you can find somebody else.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ryjam282
    I will be holding my breath Mikey....Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21
    I caused Childress to quit.

I can see why he would quit when the organization lets his proven starting QB sit on the open market for anybody to take.

That's what you get for leaving him up there for the taking. I just got a franchise QB without doing any searching or hard work. Thanks.
    I'll be rooting for him to suck this year so I can laugh. And I will definitely be laughing when he gets injured in like week 6 and misses the rest of the season.

Just out of curiousity...I was thinking about tagging him at $7.5, would you still have drafted him if he cost $10 million? Or would I have been safe?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'll trade you Mark Brunell for a cheap rookie draft pick. He will hold you over for a season until you can find somebody else.
    We are not interested in Mark Brunell at the moment. Thanks for offering.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    Hire Marv Levy.
    He's on the list...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    I'll be rooting for him to suck this year so I can laugh. And I will definitely be laughing when he gets injured in like week 6 and misses the rest of the season.

Just out of curiousity...I was thinking about tagging him at $7.5, would you still have drafted him if he cost $10 million? Or would I have been safe?
    For 10 million I wouldn't have drafted him.

I'm looking beyond this season. I'm not gonna win any championships this year so if he misses some time it isn't any big deal. Brunell will fill in for him just fine.

It's after this year he will come in handy. If he gets injured again this season then I dump him and it's no big deal. It's only a 1 year contract.

If he plays like the old Donovan McNabb then I keep him and reap the rewards.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For 10 million I wouldn't have drafted him.

I'm looking beyond this season. I'm not gonna win any championships this year so if he misses some time it isn't any big deal. Brunell will fill in for him just fine.

It's after this year he will come in handy. If he gets injured again this season then I dump him and it's no big deal. It's only a 1 year contract.

If he plays like the old Donovan McNabb then I keep him and reap the rewards.
    Damn it. I knew I should have tagged him at $7.5

Oh well. Good luck with him.