Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Quite possibly the dumbest article ever written about the Bills

Originally posted by Billsology
    Therein lies the problem.

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun...for all.

It's not an excuse for a bunch of twenty-somethings (drunken or not) to take their anger out on each other, or the world. The forty bucks you pay for your ticket doesn't give you that right, sorry.

And the alcohol free sections are the worst seats in the stadium, save for the upper deck corners.

My solution? Make the entire lower bowl no alcohol. If you want a good seat, you need to behave. Simple.
    I like that solution. BTW, I almost NEVER drink at a football game or even before. I prefer to enjoy my experience and be able to remember it later on.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
      People act like going to a football game is supposed to be a "family gathering." Get your head out of your ass. Your going to go watch grown men try to take each others faces off. There is nothing "family" about the NFL.

Hell you have half ass naked women right infront of you the whole game.
      That's exactly what I was saying. It's definitely NOT a family type event. Especially not for younger kids.

Comment

• footballhottie
        • Feb 2005

How stupid. I drink at the game during preseason i drink ALOT but i never do anything dumb.

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by footballhottie
          How stupid. I drink at the game during preseason i drink ALOT but i never do anything dumb.
          exactly

Comment

• footballhottie
            • Feb 2005

Therein lies the problem.

It's a game.

It's supposed to be fun...for all.

It's not an excuse for a bunch of twenty-somethings (drunken or not) to take their anger out on each other, or the world. The forty bucks you pay for your ticket doesn't give you that right, sorry.

And the alcohol free sections are the worst seats in the stadium, save for the upper deck corners.

My solution? Make the entire lower bowl no alcohol. If you want a good seat, you need to behave. Simple.
            you cant end drinking in the endzone lol BAD BAD BADthose are my seats. i drink at the games but i dont do anything dumb, yeah sometimes i scream bad words but..uhhhh look at who i am watching thank you very much.

Comment

• footballhottie
              • Feb 2005

I agree completely.

My kid loves to go, but I don't know that I want to expose her to much more of this silliness in the future.
              awww i love when she comes..shes so cool. My dad never let me go to game till i was 13 then i had to stick with him till i was 15 then i started going by myself or with friends

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

I remember 5/6 better than 13 years old for some reason. I must be trying to block something out.

Comment

• footballhottie
                  • Feb 2005

Mind you the second i hit 15 and got to a game i got trashed...went to my first bar that night. billsology dont ever let your daughter out of the house. Cuz if i did that and i was a really really really good girl when i was 15 any girl will get into trouble.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

It's not just booze.

For some stupid reason people think they can stand on their seat 3-4 feet away from kids and scream the most absurd profanities at refs or players.

F-bombs, sexual profanities, even racial stuff on occasion just because they spent $40. I'm all for making noise, but behavior has definately taken a dive.

The price of the seats also do have an impact. If tickets averaged $75-100 a game, like they do in some places- or if the season ticket waiting lists were twice the stadium capacity (Green Bay, Tampa, Giants, Skins) then people are less apt to make asses of themselves.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
                      Your rebirth can't hurt
                      • Dec 2005

This is so stupid. It's a FOOTBALL GAME! You don't expect a gentlemen like or family atmosphere at these games like you would with a baseball game (ok we'll exclude Fenway from that list haha). People need to stop being so damn sensitive, and use a little common sense before buying tickets. Do not ban alchoal sales! Do not ruin the fun for people that use their weekly paycheck to buy tickets. Maybe people should think about Mikey's statement of the team sucking for the last six years as a cause. I really believe if this team starts playing football in January again like it's tradition, the hostility in the crowd would reduce.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
                      Playoff Record: 0-0
                      Super Bowl Appearances: 0
                      Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

How about this...
                        Have fun, have a couple beers or whatever you like. (I'm a fan of Irish coffee myself...at least at a cold game.)
                        Alcohol is fine until it turns you into a rude, blathering idiot.
                        Watch some football.
                        Look around you and make sure you're considerate of the other people watching the game.
                        If you are unable to do that, chances are you drank too damn much.
                        There are taxpaying, ticket-buying adults who enjoy watching football but don't appreciate poor language and rude behavior.
                        Simple manners are not a tall request.
                        If you see someone getting out of control near you or even within your group, help nip it in the bud before it becomes an issue. Talk to your friend or if you don't know them, get security.
                        This way, there is no need to ban alcohol.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by FirstDownBills
                          This is so stupid. It's a FOOTBALL GAME! You don't expect a gentlemen like or family atmosphere at these games like you would with a baseball game (ok we'll exclude Fenway from that list haha). People need to stop being so damn sensitive, and use a little common sense before buying tickets. Do not ban alchoal sales! Do not ruin the fun for people that use their weekly paycheck to buy tickets. Maybe people should think about Mikey's statement of the team sucking for the last six years as a cause. I really believe if this team starts playing football in January again like it's tradition, the hostility in the crowd would reduce.
                          Once you NEED alcohol to have fun, you have a problem.

People seem to missing what the point of going to a game is. It is not to get drunk or see how much profanity one can use in a 3.5 hour span. It is to relax and have fun.

As for the games not being a family atmosphere, there is no reason they could not be. If people grow up and act like adults the games would be fine for kids.
                          Originally posted by mysticsoto
                          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• footballhottie
                            • Feb 2005

If people want to yell profane words at ever so deserving team I think they should. But will this be better "O my goodness that silly goose lindell just missed another place kick, o golly ge we just lost another game, too bad "

Comment

• footballhottie
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

People seem to missing what the point of going to a game is. It is not to get drunk or see how much profanity one can use in a 3.5 hour span. It is to relax and have fun.

As for the games not being a family atmosphere, there is no reason they could not be. If people grow up and act like adults the games would be fine for kids.
                              Well thats not going to happen and thats why you shouldnt bring kids, i was SOO pissed this year when some kids sat next to me, then an old couple came and sat there which was even worse. i need new season tickets with no open seats by me.

Comment

• FirstDownBills
                                Your rebirth can't hurt
                                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

I never said the point of going to a game was to get drunk and slur profanity until the cows come home. I go to the game for the game. However, people need to use a little common sense before buying a ticket for their son and/or daughter. A football game is not a gentlemen like atmosphere. The game does not reflect it, and neither do the fans in the stands. Also, can we factor in the team sucking? It's not an excuse, it's a fact. When your team sucks are you really into the game as much as oppose to your team being Super Bowl bound? No, I think not.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
                                Playoff Record: 0-0
                                Super Bowl Appearances: 0
                                Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

Working...
                                X