• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Quite possibly the dumbest article ever written about the Bills

Originally posted by Billsology
    I got a nice email from Ms Abt.

She regrets exagerating a bit, but stands by her original premise, that something needs to be done.

Ya know, i always heard the sign of a good journalist is one who exagerates...

Comment

• tat2dmike77
      Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by footballhottie
      Funny you say that i just got done talking with a few cops im close with and i was thinking how much cooler they were then the ass's i work with

Comment

• pmoon6
        Legendary Zoner
        • Dec 2002

I may be part of this "uneducated bad behaved youth," but some of you older people are the naive ones. This is how it is and will continue to be. Reality check. Nothing can be done.
        This is how it is and it can't change? This is hoe it will continue to be? Your premise is fallacious. You can change it if you desire, it's up to you. If you choose to maintain the status quo then the powers that be will change it for you. Then you can rail about the man and how he is suppressing your rights, a built in excuse as to why you don't get everything that you want. "We can't do anything man, we are being repressed. Niave? Grow up Boyo. BTW, I never said any of you were uneducated, just misguided in your defense of the minority that you seem to agree with.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by pmoon6
          This is how it is and it can't change? This is hoe it will continue to be? Your premise is fallacious. You can change it if you desire, it's up to you. If you choose to maintain the status quo then the powers that be will change it for you. Then you can rail about the man and how he is suppressing your rights, a built in excuse as to why you don't get everything that you want. "We can't do anything man, we are being repressed. Niave? Grow up Boyo. BTW, I never said any of you were uneducated, just misguided in your defense of the minority that you seem to agree with.
          I think this is getting out of control. I'm not an old fogoy by any means i'm 28 but i know ignorant stupid behavior when i see it. I dunno maybe being in the infantry in the army made me grow up a little faster i dunno. But the point that pmoon is making is that if you goto a game and act like jerk then your going to get punished.

I've said this before and i'll say it again. If your buddy is boozing to much tell him to stop or atleast slow down. This is the problem at games some people seem to think that they pay thier money for the ticket so they can act any way they want to. Read the back of the ticket it explains that you can be ejected if security feels you are disrupting the game experience for others.

It's not a us versus the man deal it's a us versus each other deal. We need to look at each other at games. While yes this is not a problem in just RWS the author of this article is writing on her experience. Do they have these problems in other stadiums yes they do.

I can tell you this first hand. Here in columbus they got sick of students and other fans drinking before games. OSU does not serve alcohol in thier stadiums. So many people would be getting wasted passing out and peeing in appropriate places. Starting fights with rival fans and so on. It becam more of problem when the buckeyes and that team from up north woul dplay each other. So the city of columbus and the campus of OSU set a no open containor law in effect. Which basically is you can't set up in the parking lot and tailgate with an open containor. They have police all around giving out tickets and even arresting people. It sucks now if you want to drink before a game you have to goto a bar and drink then walk 7 or 8 blocks to the stadium.

Point is OSU and the city of columbus had enough of it because fans were gettting out of hand. I think the point of this thread is basically we need to control ourselves. While cursing and swearing are apart of going to a game seeing a man puking in the isleway or in the bathroom is kinda crappy. So lets stop pointing fingers and so on and just look at each other and say hey try not to get to drunk.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I know what i can do to be bettter at games. Im sure anyone who wanted to change could. And idealy, if everyone fixed their individual bahavior, then as a whole, behavior would obviously get better. Now, how do you plan to get the message out to hundreds of thousands of fans who attend games every year and ask them shape up? Thats what I mean by nothing can be done. People are gonna be themselves and act like they want. Nothing can be done to fix it. Its all up to the idividual. There are a few bad apples that I guess ruined this journalists experience. I know i see a lot more respectable fans havin a good time than i do trouble makers. Youre always gonna have those bad apples. NOTHING CAN BE DONE TO CHANGE THAT...but the whole point of the arguement against the journalist, is this is how it is everywhere, and Buffalo should not be singled out as the worst. The lady even admitted she exagerated. Thats great journalism. I guess it makes her story better to exagerate. Thats why Im pissed. Shes exagerating the reputation of Bills fan and puting us in a low class and I'm deeply offended personally, and for all of the great Bills fans that Ive come across in my life that have followed this team through thick and thin...Her story is at the expense of making me and Bills fans look like trash...

-and whats all this talk about repression? You lost me. Who did i say is getting repressed? I think you keep going into Nam flashbacks or something while youre writting...

Comment

• FirstDownBills
              Your rebirth can't hurt
              • Dec 2005

"It's not my fault, I'm a product of a broken home". "My Mom and Dad didn't love me enough" While I understand it's hard if you don't have a solid foundation at home, these are excuses used to abdicate your responsibility to yourself and society. It's really up to you.

So are you saying it's an excuse to say that you live in a broken home? Then the old farts wonder why theres so much angst and backlash these days. It's because suit and tie stiffs like you could care less about a child's mental and emotional state.

Marv Levy Era

Regular Season Record: 0-0-0
              Playoff Record: 0-0
              Super Bowl Appearances: 0
              Super Bowl Wins: 0

Comment

• EricStratton
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FirstDownBills
                So are you saying it's an excuse to say that you live in a broken home? Then the old farts wonder why theres so much angst and backlash these days. It's because suit and tie stiffs like you could care less about a child's mental and emotional state.

The mental and emotional state of a twenty-five or forty year old has little to do with them puking on the woman in front of them at an NFL game.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by EricStratton
                  The mental and emotional state of a twenty-five or forty year old has little to do with them puking on the woman in front of them at an NFL game.
                  Kids that come from bad homes and bad emotional states are probably more proned to severe drinking, and outlandish behavior.

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                    Kids that come from bad homes and bad emotional states are probably more proned to severe drinking, and outlandish behavior.
                    Huh is that quote or a statement?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                      Huh is that quote or a statement?
                      I was answering Eric who said basicaly what does the emotional state of a kid and him puking or actin bad have to do with each other. And I was just making a correlation.

Comment

• EricStratton
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21

But should the guy at Giants stadium who just had a beer thrown at him by a drunk really give a damn.

Like tat2dmike77 has said very well, it's up to all of us at games to police these games. Don't let your friend become an ass, lay off that 7th bowling ball shot, respect the desire of other people to enjoy the game and remember why you love to go to the games in the first place.

Comment

• pmoon6
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Dec 2002

I'm not a "suit and tie stiff" and I do care about troubled kids. My wife and I were in a mentoring program until we moved to Colorado. What I'm saying is there are many examples of kids from broken homes that overcome it, many are in the NFL. Curtis Martin- raised by his mother who worked her ass off, leaving him on the streets of the hood alot of the time. Did he become a thug? Mike Croel - abandoned by his mother and adopted by a white family, had to endure the raised eyebrows and negative comments from his peers because he was a black kid being raised by whites.

The point I was trying to make and unsuccessfully it seems, is that if the hooliganism continues the powers that be will step in and end it. You will be faced with ever increasing security and bans on alcohol. You can do your part to prevent this from happening like tat2dmike77 pointed out. Let the offenders know it's unacceptable stop your buddies if they are going over the line. The game should be a good time for everybody.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

-and whats all this talk about repression? You lost me. Who did i say is getting repressed? I think you keep going into Nam flashbacks or something while youre writting...
                            That comment was directed at Natrix and anyone else that complains about people getting tossed for "no reason" and like I said, it will get worse. BTW, I missed the Vietnam lottery by a year.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Why is it so difficult for people to understand that while legally one can be a drunken jackass, one should (due to common manners) not be so out of control that you damage one's ability to enjoy the game, offend ladies, and act improperly in front of kids.

And the attitude that one should not bring kids to a game is BS. Be a man (or lady) and let all enjoy the game. One should not have to be an idiot to enjoy themselves.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• pmoon6
                                Legendary Zoner
                                • Dec 2002

Posted by WillisMcNasty

You lost me.
                                Well, that's not to hard to do. Maybe some night courses to get your GED might help. Since you started the name calling. It really shows your lack of intelligence.
                                Last edited by pmoon6; 01-26-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X