X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

My guess is that we’re not rebuilding.

Call it a hunch but I came to the conclusion for a few reasons. And it makes me very happy. Here are some of the reasons.

-A good rebuilding plan takes a good 5 years. Seeing as how Ralph is 86 and Marv is 80, I doubt these guys are looking at 5 years down the road. These guys should have second thoughts about looking 5 months down the road. The doubters will say that Marv’s in better shape then most 40 year olds. True, but when you’re 80, it could go down at any time.

-Marv had a weekly radio show on WGR. Numerous times throughout the season he would say that this is a win now league. He also went as far as to agree with the benching of JP and said that you should always play your best players and the guys who give you the best shot to win the next game.

-At the PC yesterday, Jauron mentioned that we were going to try to win now. Sure we could write this off as coach speak, but based on the two points above and Ralph and Marv telling us that they were going to be more straight forward with the fans, I’m thinking that he was being honest.

So what does this mean?

1. It means that I’m very happy! I know I’m in the minority, but I think this team has a lot of talent.
    2. This is a somewhat risky proposition. On one hand, I’m one that believes that you rebuild as you go. There’s no real reason to rush out and start cutting guys just to create more cap room that you don’t plan on using anyway. For example, we have 4 picks in the top 70 in the draft. Used wisely (see point 6), those 4 picks could be starters for the next 5 years. The risky part comes in with the idea that the current nucleus of players is good for 2 or possibly even 3 more kicks at the can. Without very good drafts the next 3 years, we could be in trouble when that time comes. I can see how some would be weary of this proposition, thinking that it’s a waste of time to take the chance with the next 3 years and just start from scratch now. The key will be good drafting over the next 3 years to ease the transition from the nucleus now to the new guys coming in.
    3. I would have to think that Moulds and Adams will be brought back. Moulds of course will be restructured, a method practiced by every team in the league except for us under TD who took the term fiscal responsibility to a new level. If what I said above was true, Levy will not want to go into the season without these 2 big guns on the field. We’d be severely weak at either position if either of these guys were cut.
    4. I would think that a strong effort would be made to bring back Clements but I won’t go so far as to call it a slam-dunk. I’ve heard that the Tag for CB’s will be about 5.3M, which IMO is a very fair 1-year salary for Nate. If I were in charge, I would tag him. I would listen to trade offers, but unless my socks were knocked off with a tremendous offer, I’d keep him for the season.
    5. I have a feeling a new QB will be brought in. This is going to be one touchy subject but the QB play last season was atrocious. It’s difficult for me to criticize the play of our offensive skill players with the QB play we suffered thru. In addition, Marv and Dick have no ties to JP. They don’t care when he was drafted. Again, based on my assumptions above, they will be less likely suffer thru 2 years of bad play so that JP will ready to be good in 3 years. At the same time, if they’re ready to win now, I don’t see them trusting Holcomb to get it done. It’s my guess that they’ll look for another QB. I have NO idea who they will target.
    6. This is more of an opinion, but for the draft, we have 4 day one picks and at least 4 day two picks. I don’t want a single “High Motor” guy and I don’t want a single, “project”. Especially with the day one guys. 9 times out of 10, “High Motor” means that the guy doesn’t have great talent, but works hard. And even thought the Jason Peters project appears to have worked, I don’t want to draft an undersized player and try to switch positions. It rarely works. Let’s only draft guys that started in college at the position that we want them to play.
    7. The O-line will be addressed in the draft and possible slightly in Free agency.

Kind of where I see us heading.
    Resign our own guys!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: My guess is that we’re not rebuilding.

I am all for winning now!

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Then you can't go with Holcomb which is what they will do. Holcomb is NOT a starting QB in this league. I can save them wasting 1/2 the season trying to find out. The man is NOT a starter in this league.

Bring in someone else and trade JP. For JP's sake he needs to demand a trade. If they aren't going to play him, let the kid go somewhere else. Why do that to him? Why just make him sit on the bench and ruin his career?

Do the right thing and trade him ASAP so he can get on with his career. That is the right thing to do. All he did wrong was not have enough experience.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

5. I have a feeling a new QB will be brought in. This is going to be one touchy subject but the QB play last season was atrocious. It’s difficult for me to criticize the play of our offensive skill players with the QB play we suffered thru. In addition, Marv and Dick have no ties to JP. They don’t care when he was drafted. Again, based on my assumptions above, they will be less likely suffer thru 2 years of bad play so that JP will ready to be good in 3 years. At the same time, if they’re ready to win now, I don’t see them trusting Holcomb to get it done. It’s my guess that they’ll look for another QB. I have NO idea who they will target.

Look JP hater, please get a clue. The TEAM Sucked. JP couldn't do spit behind that line and holcomb racked up a LOSING Record as well. 10th season in the league and still couldn't win...so WTF did you expect a guy that is essentially a ROOKIE to do? Fix the damn lines!

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
          Then you can't go with Holcomb which is what they will do. Holcomb is NOT a starting QB in this league. I can save them wasting 1/2 the season trying to find out. The man is NOT a starter in this league.

Bring in someone else and trade JP. For JP's sake he needs to demand a trade. If they aren't going to play him, let the kid go somewhere else. Why do that to him? Why just make him sit on the bench and ruin his career?

Do the right thing and trade him ASAP so he can get on with his career. That is the right thing to do. All he did wrong was not have enough experience.

My 5th point was that I think they'll bring in a new QB.

And screw JP. Bring in the new guy, cut Holcomb and JP's the number 2 for a season. You don't do favors for players in this league.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

what is the right thing again???

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              what is the right thing again???
              Trade JP and let him get on with his career. They aren't going to let him develop so let him move on.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Look JP hater, please get a clue. The TEAM Sucked. JP couldn't do spit behind that line and holcomb racked up a LOSING Record as well. 10th season in the league and still couldn't win...so WTF did you expect a guy that is essentially a ROOKIE to do? Fix the damn lines!

My point in this thread is not about hating on JP. It’s about assuming that the team is going to try to win right away. Based on that assumption, and the fact that the new management has no ties to the drafting of JP, I could see them looking for a more viable option at QB as opposed to suffering thru the growing pains of a young QB. .
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

And screw JP. Bring in the new guy, cut Holcomb and JP's the number 2 for a season. You don't do favors for players in this league.
                  I also agree with this.
                  I would however give him a real chance to win the Job and go with the best option.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

No screw you and all the JP haters. Let the kid have is career. All he did was come in and bust his ass. His reward is ******ed fans talking sh@! about him and ripping him to shreads, a moron for a HC that pulls him to try and save his own job...then QUITS, and assclown team mates only worried about themselfs.

The kid deserves his shot and it won't be in Buffalo

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      I also agree with this.
                      I would however give him a real chance to win the Job and go with the best option.
                      There is no such thing. When are you guys going to wake up? There is no QB competition. Sorry, no. It is all one sided. They decide on the guy they want, and he gets the most reps with the first team. The other guy looks like sh@! Because he is stuck with arena league camp fodder in preseason games to make it look like the other guy is better.

I thought you guys actually watched football and followed camps?

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

My point in this thread is not about hating on JP. It’s about assuming that the team is going to try to win right away. Based on that assumption, and the fact that the new management has no ties to the drafting of JP, I could see them looking for a more viable option at QB as opposed to suffering thru the growing pains of a young QB. .
                        Then you trade JP. JP is a first round talent. at least 3 teams thought so. Let the kid go and have his career. Trade him for a 2nd to someone and be done with it. and YES someone out there will give us a 2nd for JP.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                          • Jul 2002

No screw you and all the JP haters. Let the kid have is career. All he did was come in and bust his ass. His reward is ******ed fans talking sh@! about him and ripping him to shreads, a moron for a HC that pulls him to try and save his own job...then QUITS, and assclown team mates only worried about themselfs.

The kid deserves his shot and it won't be in Buffalo
                          What exactly is your relationship to JP? Brother, Cousin, Mother?
                          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

I like Jp and hope he stays. He'll be a great Qb. It isn't his fault he didn't develop the right way. The kid has the tools but had a tool for a coach.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

What exactly is your relationship to JP? Brother, Cousin, Mother?
                              It's called being a coach myself. I hate seeing talent get screwed over. JP has been nothing but screwed this entire year. For what? Being inexperienced? That's chicken sh@!.

Comment

Working...
                              X