• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

Marv on Total Access tonight

Starting Right Now . . .
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Marv on Total Access tonight

LMAO he said nothing we don't know. He also pretty much sealed JP's fate. there will be a 'competition' at QB which is BS. I guess he feels we fans are that damn stupid these days.

There is no such thing. It will be geared to allow Holcomb to win the battle. They will let Holcomb get the meat of the reps with the first string, then JP with the 2nd. When it comes down to it Jauron will cave in like MM and GIVE the job to the guy the VETERANS want and that is holcomb.

We won't win 7 games with holcomb at QB.

Comment

• Throne Logic
      • Aug 2002

Marv picks Seattle in the SB.

Well, Marv still has the ability to make you feel good about just about any situation. Smooth talker, that Marv. Without the greasy aftertaste.

Comment

• Throne Logic
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
        LMAO he said nothing we don't know. He also pretty much sealed JP's fate. there will be a 'competition' at QB which is BS. I guess he feels we fans are that damn stupid these days.

There is no such thing. It will be geared to allow Holcomb to win the battle. They will let Holcomb get the meat of the reps with the first string, then JP with the 2nd. When it comes down to it Jauron will cave in like MM and GIVE the job to the guy the VETERANS want and that is holcomb.

Exactly how did you arrive at that conclusion?

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

Competition for QB is how it should be, IMO. I think it's a great move. Losman needs to earn it, he did nothing last season to secure the job.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129

I disagree...the lack of competition for the job is what lost the veterans last season and screwed up the locker room. Let JP work his ass off and come out in training camp and earn the support and respect of the entire team this time by winning the job.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Good post, Typ0. In Marv we trust.

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

I think JP will win it myself
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

This is a critical offseason for JP Lossman. I really believe he has the head to really be a competitor in this league...but these early offseasons are critical for him. He better be focused and work his tail off.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                    This is a critical offseason for JP Lossman. I really believe he has the head to really be a competitor in this league...but these early offseasons are critical for him. He better be focused and work his tail off.
                    New coach and new system. I bet he does a repeat of last year and sticks around in Buffalo learning the new system this spring.

It'll be interesting to see if Holcomb does the same.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                      • Mar 2004

We all know JP has the skills to win a QB competition. It's really up to him. As mishandled as the QB situation was last season, there never would have been one if JP had just thrown the ball better once the season started. Better coaching and a better O-line wouldn't hurt.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

I hope J.C... errr... JP wins it too. Afterall, he is the future, not Kelly Holcomb. However, if he does not win, why not let Holcomb take the reigns? Losman obviously has more potential and athletic ability, so IMO if he does not steal the competition, he simply did not want it bad enough.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

problem is..if JP doesn't win it...we've wasted a pretty hefty price on him with the draft pick..
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

ala Slob Johnson. Oh well, you simply cut your losses and move on. Let the new administration figure it out.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

an open competition is the right thing to do and frankly im looking forward to it

ill be very happy no matter which guy wins it because i honestly feel we can win with either. id rather it be losman, and think it will be, but holcomb would be more than adequate with a decent supporting cast

the key of course will be the oline. if they dont fix that jp would win the job by default as holcomb would get killed regardless
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X