Euhus - 0
    Neufeld - 1
    Williams - 8
    McGahee - 24
    Shelton - 9
    Peters - 0

That's 59 for Moulds (35.1%) vs 109 for remainder of team

JP's 2005 pass distribution...
    EMo - 25 (Moulds didn't participate in 2 games)
    Evans - 29
    Reed - 17
    Parrish - 7
    Aiken - 4
    Smith - 2
    Campbell - 5
    Euhus - 3
    Neufeld - 1
    Williams - 9
    McGahee - 7
    Shelton - 4
    Peters - 1

That's 29 for Evans (25.4%) vs 85 for remainder of team

Holcomb was clearly more disproportionate. There goes another Holcombite battle cry.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Interesting stats...

Disproportionate? I would throw to EM myself and when db's clamp on him, throw deep to Evans for a TD. What's wrong with that picture? It worked for Moulds and Price. It worked for Moulds and Evans in 04 . It also worked for JP when he finally started trusting his wr's instead of just throwing to Reed early in the season.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
      Disproportionate? I would throw to EM myself and when db's clamp on him, throw deep to Evans for a TD. What's wrong with that picture? It worked for Moulds and Price. It worked for Moulds and Evans in 04 . It also worked for JP when he finally started trusting his wr's instead of just throwing to Reed early in the season.
      Its wrong because it is predictable and Evans if used correctly, is about ready to come into his own.

Holcomb threw to Moulds to kiss his ass and keep him happy. Funny thing though...the Holcombites and JP haters said 'It is obvious JP prefers Evans to moulds'. Really? By what? 4 passes? Yeah....that is really favoring evans...(sarcasm off)

Comment

• chubluv
        BillsZone bowling team MVP
        • Jan 2003

Does it matter whom threw to who. We didnt win and thats all that should matter.

We are in 5th place
        Clump is on the IR
        Chubluv average is 167
        Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
        Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
          Its wrong because it is predictable and Evans if used correctly, is about ready to come into his own.

Holcomb threw to Moulds to kiss his ass and keep him happy. Funny thing though...the Holcombites and JP haters said 'It is obvious JP prefers Evans to moulds'. Really? By what? 4 passes? Yeah....that is really favoring evans...(sarcasm off)
          So you're telling me that Drew, Rob and Flutie were all kissing Moulds butt?

If KH was given the snaps at camp and practice , maybe he would've gotten comfortable w/ Evans and would've thrown to him more . Qb's throw to their no.1 wr all the time.

When Evans is ready to take the no.1 spot, they will throw to him more. Right now Moulds is better up the middle which is why he's being thrown to.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Moulds didn't play 2 games that JP did. That's why those numbers were skewed.

JP took more deep shots to Evans than Holcomb. These numbers aren't surprising to me.

Comment

• Mr B
              • Sep 2002

Nevermind Moulds and Evans, look at how many passes to the TE. Too bad the TE was in blocking so much.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr B
                Nevermind Moulds and Evans, look at how many passes to the TE. Too bad the TE was in blocking so much.
                We have a TE?

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

So you're telling me that Drew, Rob and Flutie were all kissing Moulds butt?

If KH was given the snaps at camp and practice , maybe he would've gotten comfortable w/ Evans and would've thrown to him more . Qb's throw to their no.1 wr all the time.

When Evans is ready to take the no.1 spot, they will throw to him more. Right now Moulds is better up the middle which is why he's being thrown to.
                  No moulds is being thrown to because they 1) arent using Evans to his full talents (*) And 2) Holcomb is kissing Moulds ass.

You can't compare price to Evans. (*) Evans coming out was more talented than moulds. Price wasn't. Evans had better hands, speed, route running and a much better work ethic and attitude coming out than moulds did when he came out.

Evans could be ready this year to be the #1 WR if they actually let him. I think Fairchild will.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

No moulds is being thrown to because they 1) arent using Evans to his full talents (*) And 2) Holcomb is kissing Moulds ass..
                    and Manning is kissing Harrisons ass? I don't think so.

Just like it was stated earlier, Moulds runs shorter routes ,therefore he gets the balls thrown to him more often. KH doesn't have the arm to keep going deep.
                    You can't compare price to Evans. (*) Evans coming out was more talented than moulds. Price wasn't. Evans had better hands, speed, route running and a much better work ethic and attitude coming out than moulds did when he came out.

Evans could be ready this year to be the #1 WR if they actually let him. I think Fairchild will.
                    Maybe in time Evans will be better than Moulds ( I hope it happens this year) , right now he hasn't proven that he can handle double coverage. If Moulds is in single coverage, you throw to him. That's what qb's have done over the years. That's why teams sned 2 db's to cover him.

Point is, Holcomb is no different from all the qb's that's played with Moulds. They all make Moulds their first option.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

and Manning is kissing Harrisons ass? I don't think so.

didn't wayne get more catches than Harrison this year? No wait, wayne had one more and they had about the same yardage etc.

Just like it was stated earlier, Moulds runs shorter routes ,therefore he gets the balls thrown to him more often.

Thank you for proving my point. They aren't using Evans to his full abilities

KH doesn't have the arm to keep going deep.

Further proof he isn't the QB for us.

Maybe in time Evans will be better than Moulds ( I hope it happens this year) , right now he hasn't proven that he can handle double coverage.

It was his first year trying to handle it. and If the film I look at is correct...and it is, Evans had more double teams than moulds this year.

If Moulds is in single coverage, you throw to him. That's what qb's have done over the years. That's why teams sned 2 db's to cover him.

Other than sitting in zones, when has moulds gotten open even against single team coverage? Not much.

Point is, Holcomb is no different from all the qb's that's played with Moulds. They all make Moulds their first option.
                      And at this point he shouldn't be. If Evans is used correctly , he should be the first option.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

and let me add, until Evans got here Moulds was the only option. Price was a guy that just ran the fly patterns. Evans is the whole package. Use him correctly and it will be come very clear, very quickly.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                          • Feb 2005

The whole point of this thread was to show those that accuse JPL of favoring Evans that it's just the opposite... Holcomb favors Moulds (justified favoritism or not).

I guess, by presenting facts such as this, that some people feel the overwhelming urge to neg me. That's OK... I can handle it... If one can't handle the truth, neg away because it must be my fault. Right justa?

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                            Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by chubluv
                            Does it matter whom threw to who. We didnt win and thats all that should matter.
                            I'm with you chub.

Even if we threw to moulds all season the team still stunk i want wins.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

No on eis arguing whether KH is our qb or not. We're not sure either if JP is our guy. He could'very well be the next Rob Johnsons. But to say that KH threw to MOulds because he was kissing Moulds' ass is nothing more than opinion. Not fact.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X