Would you be more scared of the Dolphins if they signed Drew Brees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Would you be more scared of the Dolphins if they signed Drew Brees?

and why?

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Would you be more scared of the Dolphins if they signed Drew Brees?

I don't fear the Fins for I am a Fin

Comment

• Dicknoze69
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
      I don't fear the Fins for I am a Fin
      So did you prefer Brees or Culpepper ?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

I was on the Brees bandwagon and would have preferred him. I am happy with Culpepper though.

Brees just seemed more like the Saban type player. His size bothered me but it worked for him in SD. Daute is a beast when healthy so if he gets back to good health, I will be a happy camper!
        Last edited by LtFinFan66; 03-14-2006, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• im4bflo
          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
          • Sep 2003

I've never feared the fish, that's pretty funny.
          But I think Brees is better than Culpecker, so that should answer the question.

Comment

• buff what?
            I'm not just a member of Miami Morons, I am its president
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
            I was on the Brees bandwagon and would have preferred him. I am happy with Culpepper though.

Brres just seemed more like the Saban type player. His size bothered me but it worked for him in SD. Daute is a beast when healthy so if he gets back to good health, I will be a happy camper!

I'm with LT, but not sure if DP is the answer either. Broken knee or broken shoulder, which is the more evil of the two. I know a certin player that came back with same type of injury that DP has, but that doesn't mean squat. I also know of a QB that TRIED to come back to a similar injury that Brees had and that turned out to be a disaster. Many ?'s still to be answered in Miami's QB position.
            Buffalo-The other red meat.

Comment

• vicmantak
              • Jun 2005

To be frank, Minnesota is the winner of this trade. They vastly purged their salary cap and Dolphins lost a great opportunity to draft Jay Cutler or get a way better and less expensive QB on Drew Brees.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
              - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                • Mar 2004

Hmmm, methinks that peeps would say no, just like they'd say no if it was Culpepper that wasn't signed. Who knows until it happens when he takes the snaps in a game. It's assuring that Willis had a very serious knee injury, and he's been pretty good since then.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vicmantak
                  To be frank, Minnesota is the winner of this trade. They vastly purged their salary cap and Dolphins lost a great opportunity to draft Jay Cutler or get a way better and less expensive QB on Drew Brees.
                  I really doubt Cutler is going to be available at #16.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    • Jul 2002

I just assumed Brees would sign with the Dolphins, and he seemed to be the perfect fit.

There's just too many questions surrounding Culpepper. He could win big there, or he could flat-out suck. With Brees, you'd get above-average QB play no matter what (provided he's healthy).

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I don't care who the Dolphins put at QB...fear isn't part of the equation.

Culpepper can be dangerous, but the Dolphins have just as many problems on the o-line as we do, and LJ Shelton ain't going to be the answer.

Culpepper vs Brees, Holcomb vs. Losman vs. ????....doesn't matter, you can't throw a TD pass laying on your back.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by vicmantak
                        Brees signed for 6 yrs, 60 mil I read somewhere. Is Culpepper making that kind of cash?
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Al13
                          • Apr 2003

i was pro culpepper all the way, although i would have been ok with the brees signing as well, but we just saved a lot of money and can still be aggressive in FA

i would always prefer a QB with a bad knee than a bum shoulder, brees arm was nothing to brag about before the injury and i´m sure the shoulder must have had an impact on why brees didn´t get signed

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                            I don't care who the Dolphins put at QB...fear isn't part of the equation.

Culpepper can be dangerous, but the Dolphins have just as many problems on the o-line as we do, and LJ Shelton ain't going to be the answer.

Culpepper vs Brees, Holcomb vs. Losman vs. ????....doesn't matter, you can't throw a TD pass laying on your back.
                            Not sure of the Bills 2005 sacks allowed but the Dolphins O-line amazingly only allowed 26 sacks in 2005. An average of 1.6 per game. Less than 1 per half. That I don't believe is all that bad. They had 5 games in which they allowed 0.

Comment

• Al13
                              • Apr 2003

after their dismissal performance in 2004 i think they stepped it up bigtime last season and i think hudson houck was a big reason for that, can´t wait to see the improvements in the 2nd year

Comment

Working...
                              X