Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For patmoran2006

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

For patmoran2006

I am a top Free agent. Convince me to join the Bills.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,943 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: For patmoran2006

Im not patmoran, but would like to know what position ya play before signing u.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

O line or Dline I don't care. Convince me to join the Bills.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICE74129
    O line or Dline I don't care. Convince me to join the Bills.
    You're John Runyan.

Hi John, Im the Dummy who runs the Bills, we are looking to improve our o-line and would like to attain your services.

How many years and what kind of money are you looking for?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's cold in Buffalo

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's only cold in the winter. We all know your not gonna live here full-time.

3 year's $10 Million .

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I am not cheap and realize we need you to protect our "franchise QBs" blindside so he doesn't get killed and can have more than 3 seconds before getting creamed play after play. That way he can develop and through his development within a season or two we will be able to field a competitive franchise. A franchise that might very well land you being able to taste another championship before retirement. Mr. Runyan you would be a key integral foundation of our o-line for the next 4 seasons and as such I would be willing to compensate you in such manner. 8 million dollar signing bonus and a 4 year contract for 12 million dollars.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm Pat Moran and I have to convince you to join the Bills, hmmm..

Am I Pat Moran the owner? Because if I am., let me take Ralph Wilson's place for a minute... You'd be dealing with Ron Wolffe, my general manager. My football team has sucked the better part of a decade and since I fired Donahoe, I am bringing in a GM who has experience in building a football team through BOTH FA and the draft. Plus when I signed him it gave me INSTANT CREDIBILITY to free agents around the league.

You'll probably also like playing for my head coach.. His name is Mike Sherman. Ya, I know he costed more than Dick Jauron did. But he has a proven track record and he knows how to handle a quarterback and an offense, something none of my head coaches have a clue about for the past several years. Plus I didnt really want Jauron.. Free agents around the league would have known I only hired Jauron because he was cheaper.

I have plenty of money to give you. You see the second Eric Moulds refused to take a paycut I sent him packing to the street; to show the rest of my organization and the fans a message that this is going to be a football team that plays for each other and wins football games. SO I freed up some $5 million in cap space there.

Are you an offensive tackle or guard? I can get you a spot on the left side of the football field.. I just cut Bennie Anderson and saved around $700k, though to be honest I'd have cut him if It costed me $700k

If you want to play defensive tackle you can play right next to ole' Sam Adams. See, I almost made a mistake and cut him but then I came to senses. YOu see, I already have him under contract for another year; the free agent DT crop is very thin and the good one available will be considerably more money than him. Plus, Sam has proved when he had big Pat playing next to him that he can dominate when he has a playing partner not named Anderson, Sape or Bannon. What do ya say?

Most of all.. Your a big time football player. I want to sign you because I want to send a message to my fans. The fans who continue to sell out football games every Sunday even though our team has basically sucked.. I want to show the fans that I am committed to doing everything in my 87-year old power to see my team win a Super Bowl before my time on this earth is passed by.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I will send your favorite jill over twice a week to toss your salad........

Registered User lunatic_bills_fan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

where do I sign??

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    I'm Pat Moran and I have to convince you to join the Bills, hmmm..

Am I Pat Moran the owner? Because if I am., let me take Ralph Wilson's place for a minute... You'd be dealing with Ron Wolffe, my general manager. My football team has sucked the better part of a decade and since I fired Donahoe, I am bringing in a GM who has experience in building a football team through BOTH FA and the draft. Plus when I signed him it gave me INSTANT CREDIBILITY to free agents around the league.

You'll probably also like playing for my head coach.. His name is Mike Sherman. Ya, I know he costed more than Dick Jauron did. But he has a proven track record and he knows how to handle a quarterback and an offense, something none of my head coaches have a clue about for the past several years. Plus I didnt really want Jauron.. Free agents around the league would have known I only hired Jauron because he was cheaper.

I have plenty of money to give you. You see the second Eric Moulds refused to take a paycut I sent him packing to the street; to show the rest of my organization and the fans a message that this is going to be a football team that plays for each other and wins football games. SO I freed up some $5 million in cap space there.

Are you an offensive tackle or guard? I can get you a spot on the left side of the football field.. I just cut Bennie Anderson and saved around $700k, though to be honest I'd have cut him if It costed me $700k

If you want to play defensive tackle you can play right next to ole' Sam Adams. See, I almost made a mistake and cut him but then I came to senses. YOu see, I already have him under contract for another year; the free agent DT crop is very thin and the good one available will be considerably more money than him. Plus, Sam has proved when he had big Pat playing next to him that he can dominate when he has a playing partner not named Anderson, Sape or Bannon. What do ya say?

Most of all.. Your a big time football player. I want to sign you because I want to send a message to my fans. The fans who continue to sell out football games every Sunday even though our team has basically sucked.. I want to show the fans that I am committed to doing everything in my 87-year old power to see my team win a Super Bowl before my time on this earth is passed by.

Runyan " Egad, I should've never asked. Instead of trying to convince me, he goes on to B1tch, b1tch and B1tch some more . Instead of trying to solve the situation, he'd rather cry over spilled milk . No thanks . I'm not playing for a crybaby. At least all is not lost. since I'm already here, I might as well head to the Canadian Ballet. Wait, he might be there crying about how much a lap dance cost. "

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mike Sherman....isn't that the guy who only got 2 head coaching interviews with all those openings? Yet around here, he was the best candidate out there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    Runyan " Egad, I should've never asked. Instead of trying to convince me, he goes on to B1tch, b1tch and B1tch some more . Instead of trying to solve the situation, he'd rather cry over spilled milk . No thanks . I'm not playing for a crybaby. At least all is not lost. since I'm already here, I might as well head to the Canadian Ballet. Wait, he might be there crying about how much a lap dance cost. "
    Nah, I"d just pay him top five tackle money like he's earned and be done with it.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Runyan is up there in years, he wouldn't get much more then 3 year $10 million dollar deal from me.

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

hey pat, you are a good writer... how about you address teh same question with the real world scenario with the current administration in place.. I would be interseted in your real worl agrument to get FAs in here :)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by keithtr
    hey pat, you are a good writer... how about you address teh same question with the real world scenario with the current administration in place.. I would be interseted in your real worl agrument to get FAs in here :)
    which is, I think, what ICE was asking to see in the first place.
    Bring in a top guy to a franchise that's coming off a 5-11 season, coming off 6 straight non-playoff years, and coming off a regime that was a PR embarassment on the level of Mike Brown and Bill Bidwell

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

FA is all about the money, usually. Pay them and they will come.

IMO, the draft is more important then FA anyways. You build a team thru the draft, you plug the holes in your team thru FA.

Pittsburg was built by the draft.
    The Bills Super Bowl teams were built by the draft.
    NE was built by the draft.

Granted they had FA pickups. But for the most part they were built by the draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by keithtr
    OK.

I"m obviously referring to Jon Runyan because at this point he's the most valuable player on the market out there to me.

And I take on the role of Marv Levy, since he is our current GM.

First my statement to Ralph...
    "Mr. Wilson. This guy is a 10-year veteran, who hasnt missed a single game in nine years. He's been to multiple Pro Bowls and he has a mean streak to him.

For the past six years you had Tom as your GM. He never went out and spent the big bucks necessary to get a guy like him in here. While the big bucks to Lawyer, Sam, Takeo and London made our defense better, he never addressed our offensive line. As a result he made Drew, not mobile to begin with and JP a sitting duck in the pocket. As a result, our offense has been woeful and we've reached above .500 once in this past six years.

I know we're signing a lot of character guys who will provide us depth. But this is one spot on the line that we can't afford to get cheap and cute with. Jon will straight up spend the season knocking guys like Jason Taylor, Richard Seymour and Jonathan Vilma on their ass. If we're going to get better, we need that.

As a bonus, we have an excellent young budding tackle in Jason Peters. Having Runyan around will help his development and he'll have a Pro bowl tackle to learn from."

My offer to Jon Runyan...
    "I will pay you to be on par with the top five tackles in the NFL... You've earned it. Jeff Backus was paid franchise money in Detroit and you're 10x the player he is. I'm paying you market value because frankly, we NEED you in Buffalo."

I will also pay you a nice signing bonus upfront, that way Mr. Wilson can spread the salary cap hit out over four years and afford us the money to get a nice guard to play alongside you.

With you on board, our offensive line will be better, Willis will have more holes to run through and JP might have more time in the pocket to throw the ball.

You're a big investment. But you are worth it. This franchise needs guys like you."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Mr. Wilson (and I) say....

You're overpaying him and not thinking with your head. Make him an offer, but don't make him one that you really can't afford. Don't forget, their will be better guys next year than this years group. Make him an offer if you think he'd sign, but don't break my bank.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEMIBILLS
    Mr. Wilson (and I) say....

You're overpaying him and not thinking with your head. Make him an offer, but don't make him one that you really can't afford. Don't forget, their will be better guys next year than this years group. Make him an offer if you think he'd sign, but don't break my bank.
    In what way, shape or form.. Is paying a tackle who's a multi-Pro Bowler who's started EVERY GAME for NINE straight years, OVERPAYING!!!!!!!!!

Overpay = Giving Antwaan Randle El top five WR money when he's not a top five WR.

Market Value= Giving a guy who's CLEARLY a top five tackle in this league, top five money.

Can't Afford it? Moulds' cap wasted cap money is SITTING THERE.. YOu can sign TWO JON RUNYAN's with that cap room.

Wow.. thats all I can say..

And instead of a general assumption.. . exactly WHOM are this crop of better tackles next year in 2007 than Runyan currently is right now?