Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard Ferrel's comments about our Safeties?

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Has anyone heard Fewel's comments about our Safeties?

Has anybody associated with this board.. Heard Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell's alleged comments after acquiring Bowen that we "now have our safeties and they will start and we won't be looking at anymore safeties".

According to the world of "Ice", this was said... When myself several times, Mski and Draftboy all asked him if there was a link or audio to these rather brash statements (In March), he did what he usually does; moves on to the next thread and compares the bills to some dynasty team or Modrak to Ron Wolffe.

I'd be very interested in hearing these comments by Ferrel, as:
    1) I'd be very shocked to see a coordinator with Rashad Baker and Matt Bowens on the team to totally dismiss other safeties before a draft.. In Ice's words "We already have our starters."

2) Not myself or a single person on this board has ever heard these statements..If he said him they OBVIOUSLY would be found on Bills.com, yet i"ve searched extensively and haven't a found a single interview or statement remotely in that ball park.

I bring it up because everytime myself, DRaft Boy or anyone brings up Michael Huff or taking a safety in round two. Ice chimes in with his "our DC said we already have our starters at safety" comment.

So since he will continue to dodge the subject based on comments HE said that Ferrel made, does anyone on this board have a link or any kind of audio about Ferrel saying this, let alone even hear it themself?

I am a big Huff fan, and I find it hard to fathom that Marv or Ferrel wouldn't be at all interested in him or a safety like Bullocks in round two.
    Last edited by patmoran2006; 03-29-2006 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Has anyone heard Ferrel's comments about our Safeties?

I agree about Huff but I am not a fan of taking a saftey this early, also never heard those comments, i think rnd two or one of the extra 3's would be a nice fit for a saftey the kid from Ohio State, and Darnell Bing would look nice back there if we can get them, also i like the kid from Vanderbilt sleeper

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WEll I hear ya and respect your opinion. Alot of people dont want to take a safety early. That's cool.. Everyone has some kind of view on safeties.

I'm looking to find out if Ferell said this ridiculous statement, which I'm highly doubting. I think someone here put WORDS in a coordinator's mouth because that individual doesnt want a safety.
    PS- That individual is Ice.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Good thread hopefully he'll respond soon with the comments, bc Id be interested to say the least to see Ferell say Bowen is going to be a starter at S. Also Bigbub whose the S from Vandy your thinking of?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think safety is a major need. Troy Vincent sucked last year. An dthe year before. When he's healthy he takes very bad angles. I noticed this more & more last season.. IMO Bowens has upside and i don't know enough about him to be negative in him. I also think that fans like Pat who need popular(big names). FS is the big need imo. But if it goes unadressed it'snot the end of the world. We do have Rashad Baker. Bottom line behind that angle is we can't expect every position to be fixed in 1 offseason. Pat, your a smart fan dude. Do you accept that we aren't making a run this year? If ya do then maybe you will see the process as slow....
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,714 Times in 3,432 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    Has anybody associated with this board.. Heard Defensive Coordinator Perry Ferell's alleged comments after acquiring Bowen that we "now have our safeties and they will start and we won't be looking at anymore safeties".

According to the world of "Ice", this was said... When myself several times, Mski and Draftboy all asked him if there was a link or audio to these rather brash statements (In March), he did what he usually does; moves on to the next thread and compares the bills to some dynasty team or Modrak to Ron Wolffe.

I'd be very interested in hearing these comments by Ferrel, as:
    1) I'd be very shocked to see a coordinator with Rashad Baker and Matt Bowens on the team to totally dismiss other safeties before a draft.. In Ice's words "We already have our starters."

2) Not myself or a single person on this board has ever heard these statements..If he said him they OBVIOUSLY would be found on Bills.com, yet i"ve searched extensively and haven't a found a single interview or statement remotely in that ball park.

I bring it up because everytime myself, DRaft Boy or anyone brings up Michael Huff or taking a safety in round two. Ice chimes in with his "our DC said we already have our starters at safety" comment.

So since he will continue to dodge the subject based on comments HE said that Ferrel made, does anyone on this board have a link or any kind of audio about Ferrel saying this, let alone even hear it themself?

I am a big Huff fan, and I find it hard to fathom that Marv or Ferrel wouldn't be at all interested in him or a safety like Bullocks in round two.
    When are you two going to stop this childish crap? You're both guilty of inciting eachother... constantly. It's really friggin' old!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Marv
    I think safety is a major need. Troy Vincent sucked last year. An dthe year before. When he's healthy he takes very bad angles. I noticed this more & more last season.. IMO Bowens has upside and i don't know enough about him to be negative in him. I also think that fans like Pat who need popular(big names). FS is the big need imo. But if it goes unadressed it'snot the end of the world. We do have Rashad Baker. Bottom line behind that angle is we can't expect every position to be fixed in 1 offseason. Pat, your a smart fan dude. Do you accept that we aren't making a run this year? If ya do then maybe you will see the process as slow....

I think Pat gets the fact that we arent making a run but one thing he and I both wonder is why whenever we suggest drafting a S like Huff why Ice always comes along claiming DC Ferell said we already had our S starters which would imply Bowen and Vincent. I dont think Bowen is anything more than a ST ace which he excels at. Some safeties in the draft I like are;

Michael Huff
    Donte Whitner
    Ko Simpson
    Daniel Bullocks
    Pat Watkins
    Jason Allen
    Calvin Lowry
    Marcus Hudson
    Scott Ware

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    I think Pat gets the fact that we arent making a run but one thing he and I both wonder is why whenever we suggest drafting a S like Huff why Ice always comes along claiming DC Ferell said we already had our S starters which would imply Bowen and Vincent. I dont think Bowen is anything more than a ST ace which he excels at. Some safeties in the draft I like are;

Michael Huff
    Donte Whitner
    Ko Simpson
    Daniel Bullocks
    Pat Watkins
    Jason Allen
    Calvin Lowry
    Marcus Hudson
    Scott Ware
    In this particular case it has nothing to do with my dislike for him.. I simply want to know if ANYBODY has this audio as I find it SHOCKING for Ferrel to say in MARCH that we "already have our starting safeties".

There are plenty of good safeties in the draft I'd like to take a look but why invest time reading up on them if this statement is true?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont know about anyone else, but I was impressed with Jim Leonhard last year. He primarily played ST however when he did get a crack at some playing time at safety he held his own. Hes no consistant solid safety yet, but I think he has potential and at some point in the future could see a lot of action for the Bills.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WillisMcNasty21
    I dont know about anyone else, but I was impressed with Jim Leonhard last year. He primarily played ST however when he did get a crack at some playing time at safety he held his own. Hes no consistant solid safety yet, but I think he has potential and at some point in the future could see a lot of action for the Bills.
    I'm not sure, but I think his height won't be a concern in the cover 2 defense so it's possible he can be effective in this D. Bob Sanders of Indy is only 5-8 or 5-9, which is about the same height as leonhard.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who the **** is Ferell?!

Our defensive coordinator's name is Perry Fewell (pronounced like fuel)!!!

LMAO!! peace out.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    WEll I hear ya and respect your opinion. Alot of people dont want to take a safety early. That's cool.. Everyone has some kind of view on safeties.

I'm looking to find out if Ferell said this ridiculous statement, which I'm highly doubting. I think someone here put WORDS in a coordinator's mouth because that individual doesnt want a safety.
    PS- That individual is Ice.
    I'm getting pretty sick and tired of your sissy little feud with ICE. Stop being a bunch of whiners.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why does anytime one of these two speak of the other its always about their different opinions. Get over it and read all their posts. Yea they have had flareups and yea they get in arguments but this thread is not one of them, its an honest question about where Ice gets his information from. Get off his damn back already about it. You either need to learn how to read or you guys need to learn when and where to criticize. Some of you guys are out of line here in this thread bringing this up. This thread violates no TOS, and flames nobody. It asks an honest question and one I have asked multiple times in different threads as has Pat and we havent gotten an answer? So I suppose Im sorry I want to know if Ice has found something out that I havent seen yet? I guess getting more information is a bad thing all the sudden?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

actually db.. this thread is just an attempt to prove ice is wrong..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    actually db.. this thread is just an attempt to prove ice is wrong..

I completely disagree and I know that bc I am mentioned 2 or 3 times in it and I know where it comes from. In another thread from today we were discussing Huff as a S and Ice said that it had been stated by our DC that we are set with our starting safeties I said, link, and there was no reply. Ive seen Pat do the same before and to no avail. Call it proving him wrong but honestly I want to know if it has been said or not. If he made it up then have him say he made it up and let it be over. Its not a huge deal Im just wondering if it has been said or not. If he's got a link he's got a posrep coming, if not no big deal just want to make sure, that Im not off saying Huff is our pick when our DC already said we have our starters at S. I dont give two craps about Pat and Ice's feud. Normally I stay out of it but in this instance for a change Pat did not violate the TOS and yet he's getting crap for asking a honest question even I wanna know the answer to so yea I guess Im defending him on this one, but I dont think this is just an attempt to prove Ice wrong, I think its a thread to get an answer from unless we dont allow that anymore.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

agree to disagree.. all pat does is poo on ice.. and vice versa.. it is annoying as heck.. and this is just another thread about that..

Edited by DB

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nobody is forcing you to read the threads T, you like every other poster has the ignore feature, like I said I usually dont read the threads that these two get into in bc its frustrating, normally I scan it for tos violations bc there always are some and then move it and lock it down. I agree the fued is getting old fast and many posters are very upset about it and it takes the site as a whole down. No disagreement there. But yea I can agree to disagree.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

you called the **** poo

Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls Bill Brasky's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yo if Baker and Bowen are the only 2 S's on the roster by opening day, I'll have a worse case of the stress-poos than I've had tonight!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka

you called the **** poo

Im going to ban you

jk

Whats wrong with the word poo? Jfreeman used the word dingy.