ESPN Power Rankings 3/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

ESPN Power Rankings 3/29

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/powerr...t&lid=tab4pos2

Buffalo:
    The Sabres have lost a season-worst five straight games. They need power-play goals (they're 0-for-22 in their last four games)!

1 (1) Red Wings 48-15-7 The Red Wings gave up a three-goal lead en route to a shootout loss to the Blue Jackets this weekend, but Detroit is on its way to its 15th straight playoff appearance. Remember, Wings: your dominance has been thwarted in the playoffs before.
    2 (5) Senators 48-16-6 The Senators are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games, but have five players out of the lineup, including big D-man Zdeno Chara. Kudos to coach Bryan Murray, who told reporters this weekend that he's not going to jeopardize players' health for the President's Trophy.
    3 (4) Stars 48-20-3 Mike Modano (power-play goals) and Marty Turco (wins by goalie) set franchise records over the weekend, but will anyone care if the Stars don't go deep into the playoffs?
    4 (3) Hurricanes 46-18-6 There's a lot to be said for momentum heading into the playoffs, and right now, the Hurricanes are slowing down. Just 3-4-2 in their last nine games, the 'Canes have six players are on injured list, while Ray Whitney and Cory Stillman are hurtin'. Meanwhile, Mark Recchi has zero points since coming to the team at the trade deadline.
    5 (2) Sabres 44-21-5 Speaking of bad momentum, the Sabres have lost a season-worst five straight games. This after a huge winning streak. A big reason for the slide: the power play. Buffalo is an anemic 0-for-22 on the man-advantage in the last four games and has just one PPG in 29 opportunities.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: ESPN Power Rankings 3/29

Comment

• SkateZilla
      • Dec 2002

yet the rangers were #3 and #4 when they lost 8 straight games beign outscored 45-9
      Skate Zilla
      -----------------------
      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• pyrrhonist
        • Sep 2003

My biggest beef with this most recent power rankings (Although ESPN is anything but a hockey expert---I trust TSN & Sportsnet more) is that Ottawa isn't ahead of Detroit. I'd take Ottawa over the Wings in a 7-game series. Detroit's numbers remain padded by their large amount of games against Columbus, St.Louis, & Chicago.

Comment

• SkateZilla
          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by pyrrhonist
          My biggest beef with this most recent power rankings (Although ESPN is anything but a hockey expert---I trust TSN & Sportsnet more) is that Ottawa isn't ahead of Detroit. I'd take Ottawa over the Wings in a 7-game series. Detroit's numbers remain padded by their large amount of games against Columbus, St.Louis, & Chicago.
          True True,

But doesnt Ottawa Play Washington and Pittsburg alot :)

well not as much as Detroit plays those teams..

i've been saying that for years though,

move detroit to a different competitive division and let them face worthy teams 8 times a year and they' prolly barely finish over .500
          Skate Zilla
          -----------------------
          Skate Zilla HD Studios:
          SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• PUCKER
            • Sep 2004

Detroit? Honestly,I dont see them getting past the 1st round this year.
            Zapper's Hit List:
            SABURZFAN -
            SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
            Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
            http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• pyrrhonist
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by SkateZilla
              But doesnt Ottawa Play Washington and Pittsburg alot :)
              Not as much as Detroit plays the teams I listed, thanks to the 8 games vs division rivals!

And besides, Buffalo got to play Washington & Pittsburgh as many times as Ottawa, and if I recall, we struggled against both a few times.

Comment

Working...
              X