• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Don't Panic
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Dec 2005

Denver's picks

Just saw an ESPN clip that talked about Denver possibly looking to trade into the top 10 to get Davis. They have #15 and #22. Do you think, if Davis is on the board at #8, they'd look our way? If so, we could get Bunkley (if he slid) or someone like Chad Jackson at #15 and maybe Eric Winston at #22. That could be quite a coup if it was Bunkley and Winston... we'd be plugging both of our glaring weaknesses and be able to grab a SS like Whitner in the second round. Maybe I'm a BIT overly optimistic, but how happy would you be if things fell like this?
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Denver's picks

Possibly..

We'd probably have to give up a third to get Den's 15 and 22..

Id strongly consider it..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

I'd give a 4th and call it a day. The 3rd is too valuable.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I'd like to get two picks in the first round, and spend one on the o-line, one on the d-line.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I can't envision either Justice or Bunkley sliding to #22, the second of Denver's two picks. I'd probably do the deal, giving up a third rounder for two first round picks though.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
            • Aug 2005

I would much rather want winston justice over eric winston but id be happy with denvers 2 first rounders for sure. If we could land bunkley and justice which i realize is highly unlikely it would be about as good as you could want.
            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
              • Sep 2003

Why is everyone so high on Justice? Because of workout numbers? I think Eric Winston has a better nasty streak? and he played LT a position of need! Thoughts?

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                Why is everyone so high on Justice? Because of workout numbers? I think Eric Winston has a better nasty streak? and he played LT a position of need! Thoughts?
                I agree... EW looked great on the clips I saw of him at the combine. People will be scared off by his injury history, which is what makes me think he will slide to #22. Bunkley at #15 is the part of this I have doubts about, but how many teams in the 9-14 range need a one gap tackle? Our system is one that not many teams employ, which gives me hope that it could ahppen. Is it a gamble? You bet... which is why you have to be ready to take someone like Chad Jackson at #15 if Bunkley is gone. Of course, that would depend on how well the coaching staff thinks ADavis is going to do as the #2 WR, because I think we all know that Josh Redd is a #3 at best.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I could also see San Francisco making the deal - they are desperate for talent everywhere in the draft- unless AJ hawk is on the board

Comment

Working...
                  X