• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Nate Clements - what a team player

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Nate Clements was a no-show when the Buffalo Bills opened a voluntary mini-camp Friday. The star cornerback still had failed to accept a one-year contract after being designated the team's franchise player.

New coach Dick Jauron called it important to have Clements attend camp to learn the new defensive system Jauron and coordinator Perry Fewell are introducing.

"We'd like to have him in, but we also understand his position in this thing," said Jauron, the former Chicago Bears coach, who took over after Mike Mularkey's abrupt resignation in January.

"It'll straighten itself out over time one way or the other. We obviously value his abilities a great deal."

Nate Clements was a no-show when the Buffalo Bills opened a voluntary mini-camp Friday. The star cornerback still had failed to accept a one-year contract after being designated the team's franchise player.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Nate Clements - what a team player

what a douchebag
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      • Jan 2004

Dick Jauron... nice call on this one...

What a pushover.

"We'd like to have 11 guys on the field, but I completely understand if only 5 guys want to go out and give some effort"

Comment

• deathadder
        • Mar 2003

Do you understand that he did not sign his Frachise offer? That means he is under no obligation to show up at the mini-camp. There is no need to call him names. Now, McGahee is a different story. Even though it is voluntary, he should have atleast showed up.
        http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

McGahee had a prior commitment and should be in for the rest of the camp.

If I were Clements I would not have shown up either until the contract is done. He's not doing what any other tagged player hasn't done.

Imagine if he gets injured like Kevin Everett without a deal in place? He's be ****ed.
          Last edited by Dozerdog; 04-08-2006, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by deathadder
            Do you understand that he did not sign his Frachise offer? That means he is under no obligation to show up at the mini-camp. There is no need to call him names. Now, McGahee is a different story. Even though it is voluntary, he should have atleast showed up.
            Then I guess the FO is under no obligation to sign his overrated ass to a huge deal if he's going to piss and moan about not making what everybody else makes.

Make some plays and he'll get paid. Show up to camp and make a commitment to winning rather than a commitment to your wallet and you will be rewarded.

Get burned for 222 yards by Chris Chambers in 2 QTRs of football and expect to be paid accordingly.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
              • Aug 2005

He had just an awful year last year and Terrence McGee showed him up every single game so he needs to stop *****ing and get his ass in and figure out how to stop chambers, branch, and well i guess the jets suck pretty bad but you get the picture.
              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Trade him. find someone to give up a low first or really high 2nd and maybe a 4th. Take huff to replace him at #8 then take a Tackle with the 2nd pick

Comment

• deathadder
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                  Then I guess the FO is under no obligation to sign his overrated ass to a huge deal if he's going to piss and moan about not making what everybody else makes.

Make some plays and he'll get paid. Show up to camp and make a commitment to winning rather than a commitment to your wallet and you will be rewarded.

Get burned for 222 yards by Chris Chambers in 2 QTRs of football and expect to be paid accordingly.

Alright, would you like to show up to work without any contract and then somehow get injured? Then work decides they do not need you and cut you loose. He is not under contract right now so he is under no obligation to attend anything until he signs the offer sheet.
                  http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by deathadder
                    Alright, would you like to show up to work without any contract? Then work decides they do not need you and cut you loose.
                    Yeah... it's called an internship. And I've had plenty.

I guess he's exempt from earning his pay since he's a high and mighty athlete.

Comment

• EricStratton
                      • Jul 2002

So you are comparing an intership with a player participating in a camp without a multi-million dollar contract signed?

I think that's what you're doing but it is so stupid I just want to be sure.

Comment

• STAMPY
                        Hall of Fame Zoner
                        • Sep 2003

Are you serious LOL

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Trade him. find someone to give up a low first or really high 2nd and maybe a 4th. Take huff to replace him at #8 then take a Tackle with the 2nd pick
                          I'm with you on this one, but I don't think anyone will give al that up for him. We're stuck with a temporary headache for now. Unfortunately the largest cause of the headache will be the constant b****ing about how selfish Nate is.

BTW for those who mentioned Chambers...Our whole secondary was burnt by Chambers including McGee and Greer. They moved him all over the field and no one thought that maybe he should be doubled. Chalk that one up to Gray.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

This tells me that the team might be trying to shop him around. I never try to assume anything when a player doesn't show for these things. It doesn't do any good.

Comment

• J TES
                              • Apr 2005

He just doesn't wanna play for this crapy, going no where orginization anymore. This team is heading in the wrong direction, with no end in site. Criag Nall, Losman, Holcomb. Thats gotta be the worst set of QB's in the history of football. If I were Clements I wouldnt wanna be on Buffalo either. I'd wanna be on some other racking up the INT's

Comment

Working...
                              X