X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: BZFL in search of 1 new owner!

I think I have a pretty good grasp as to what's going on. I'll take the team and try it out if I'm accepted.

Last thing I would need would be a list of the FA's. I can see quite a bit of guys I probably won't want and I need to know if they are replaceable with any FA's.

So what will I need to start off doing? Decide on the players I wanna keep and how long I want to sign them for?

If I kept a player for say 3 years and I didn't want him after this season for whatever reason how much does it cost to cut a player under contract?

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

It looks like there are some decent players on this team to start with. I will definitely need a RB, QB, some OL players and a few on defense though.

I really have crap for QB, RB and OL though,lol

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        I think I have a pretty good grasp as to what's going on. I'll take the team and try it out if I'm accepted.

Last thing I would need would be a list of the FA's. I can see quite a bit of guys I probably won't want and I need to know if they are replaceable with any FA's.

So what will I need to start off doing? Decide on the players I wanna keep and how long I want to sign them for?

If I kept a player for say 3 years and I didn't want him after this season for whatever reason how much does it cost to cut a player under contract?
        I will let you know later if you get the team. At this point you have the roster and the rankings. Start thinking about who you would want to keep. I will send you the complete spreadsheet a little later with all the teams on it. READ THE CONSTITUION. It is very involved and we have changed a couple of the rules (I have not updated it sorry). The draft starts two weeks from today.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

It looks like there are some decent players on this team to start with. I will definitely need a RB, QB, some OL players and a few on defense though.

I really have crap for QB, RB and OL though,lol
          There are always free agents. However, the trade deadline is passed until the draft is over, sorry.

IMO, OLB is the toughest position to find.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Does this cap stay at 90 million or does it go up each year or two? That would play a big part in how long you want to keep a player for.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally the cap was going to be locked at 85 mil forever...we decided to bump it up $5 mil this year. It probably will go up each year but not by $5mil.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

If you keep a player for 1 year does he automatically become a FA next season or do you have a chance to re-sign him if you wish?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

you can resign a player twice...in other words you draft him...offer him contract #1..and then offer him contract #2...you can let him go at any time.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    you can resign a player twice...in other words you draft him...offer him contract #1..and then offer him contract #2...you can let him go at any time.
                    Is there a cap hit for cutting somebody? Say I signed somebody like Roy Williams for 4 years. When his salary hit 10 million how much would it cost to release him?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Let's use Roy Williams:

Roy Williams S...he was drafted at $7.5 mil. That means if you want to sign him to a 1 year deal it would be at $7.5 mil. Anything higher than that would be as follows:

2005 $7.5
                      2006 $7.5
                      2007 $9.000
                      2008 $10.0
                      2009 $10.0
                      2010 $10.0

Now, let's say you sign him to a 4 year deal:

2006 $7.5
                      2007 $9.000
                      2008 $10.0
                      2009 $10.0

Let's say that you cut/trade him going into the 2007 season. It would cost you $14.5 mil (half of the $29 mil committed to him in the rest of his contract) against the cap in 2007. Let's say that you cut/trade him before the 2008 season. It would cost you $10 mil against the cap in 2008. It would cost you $5 mil to cut/trade him going into the 2009 season.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Ok one more...

You said you can re-sign a player twice.

Now say I signed Roy Williams to a 3 year contract. If I wanted to sign him a 2nd time would it go back to 7.5 or would it start off at 10 million?

I got all the players listed by position on a spreadsheet right now so I know where these team stands by position.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

I have great WR's and 2 good OL. All I would need is a couple decent OL and a good QB and that offense would be lethal.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Ok one more...

You said you can re-sign a player twice.

Now say I signed Roy Williams to a 3 year contract. If I wanted to sign him a 2nd time would it go back to 7.5 or would it start off at 10 million?

I got all the players listed by position on a spreadsheet right now so I know where these team stands by position.

Once a player hits the $10 mil threshold they are there forever unless you sign them to a 1 year RFA contract...then you can drop their salary...HOWEVER. That player is then eligible to be drafted by another team as long as they pay more for him then you did. You get no compensation - only your money back. If you keep an RFA you lose a draft pick equal to that amount of money in the following draft.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

I have great WR's and 2 good OL. All I would need is a couple decent OL and a good QB and that offense would be lethal.
                              it is easy to rebuild quickly in this game.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                                • Aug 2004

How long do most people sign their great players for? I was thinking 3 years.

This game seems interesting. My team has a long ways to go though.

Comment

Working...
                                X