Thread: The FA Draft

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The FA Draft

From how I understood the constitution the FA's salary is determined by what round they were drafted in?

I was under the assumption that their salary would be the price that they were listed in the 2006 season.

Like when my roster was sent to me there were players whose salary for the 2006 season was say 5 million. If I released him and then he was drafted in the 1st round his salary would be 10 million?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 912 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The FA Draft

During the upcoming FA draft, players salaries will be based on what round in this new draft they were taken in.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInRoch
    During the upcoming FA draft, players salaries will be based on what round in this new draft they were taken in.
    So u are saying If I need a DE and in the 1st round I draft a decent guy but his salary is probably around $2 mill....Becasue I draft him in the 1st round his salary is worth 10 million is that correct?????????

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

correct, you may pass any rd but a player in the 1st rd will be paid $10 mil

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by tampabay25690
    So u are saying If I need a DE and in the 1st round I draft a decent guy but his salary is probably around $2 mill....Becasue I draft him in the 1st round his salary is worth 10 million is that correct?????????
    that's how you determine the salary...what is worth $10 mil to you is worth $1 mil to somebody else...just like the NFL his previous contract means squat. there is no way we could take the time to make sure good players get raises and bad players take pay cuts through the NFL draft. Also, somebody who thinks they are one player away from a title may decide to way overpay a player for a year.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.