X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldno711
    • Mar 2004

Am I the Only One...

...who really feels there is a legitimate shot we draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson at 8? I've been saying it for months and it frustrates me that everyone thinks there is "no f'n way brick falls to 8" -- there is.

Facts:

Bush WILL go #1

NO WILL take the best defensive player available (Williams or Hawk)

TEN WILL draft Leinart or Young

NYJ WILL take a QB (move up to 2 for Leinart, sit at 4 and take Leinart, sit at 4 and take Young, or trade down and take Cutler)

GB WILL NOT draft an OT. They'll draft either Hawk or Williams (whichever falls)

SF WILL NOT draft an OT. They've already pumped A LOT of money into their O-Line (J.Jennings -- L.Allen) and are rumored to be in love with both Huff and V.Davis (both of whom will be available at 6). SF could produce the 1st trade of the draft (or 2nd depending on NO and NYJ) for teams wanting to jump up and grab Davis. IMO, whether SF holds onto the 6 spot or trades down, Vernon Davis will go #6.....that is, unless we (or Philly) offer up our 1st and a 3rd to move up and grab Brick (btw - I would only be in favor of giving up our 2nd 3rd round pick).

OAK WILL NOT draft an OT. They just spent a first round pick (2nd overall in 2004) on a guy who is playing well at the LT position......so why spend the 7th overall pick on another LT? At this point, I'd be worried about a team trading up for Ferguson but I think we'd be on the horn as well. I think the Raiders stay put and draft Huff.

btw - As soon as the Bills draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson, fat boy Bennie Anderson will be relieved from his jersey number and the team.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Am I the Only One...

I think there is a chance, but not too big of one. The fact is either the Saints or Jets will likely take Brick. There is also the risk of another team moving up to grab him.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

I have been saying it...more and more mock drafts have shown it. It is unlikly but possible. OT usually drop a bit on draft day. I am starting to think if Aaron Gibson can start at RT and is "Back" I would more J Peters to the left side...only after he signes a long term contract for RT (hehe). Then Draft C Spencer, Max Jean Giles, Litusi (Any 2 of those 3). I think that would be an awsom line..with our new center...everybody new ..only peters.

J Peters, Charles Spencer, MFowler, Max Jean Giles, Aaron Gibson

Run run run....

Originally posted by oldno711
      ...who really feels there is a legitimate shot we draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson at 8? I've been saying it for months and it frustrates me that everyone thinks there is "no f'n way brick falls to 8" -- there is.

Facts:

Bush WILL go #1

NO WILL take the best defensive player available (Williams or Hawk)

TEN WILL draft Leinart or Young

NYJ WILL take a QB (move up to 2 for Leinart, sit at 4 and take Leinart, sit at 4 and take Young, or trade down and take Cutler)

GB WILL NOT draft an OT. They'll draft either Hawk or Williams (whichever falls)

SF WILL NOT draft an OT. They've already pumped A LOT of money into their O-Line (J.Jennings -- L.Allen) and are rumored to be in love with both Huff and V.Davis (both of whom will be available at 6). SF could produce the 1st trade of the draft (or 2nd depending on NO and NYJ) for teams wanting to jump up and grab Davis. IMO, whether SF holds onto the 6 spot or trades down, Vernon Davis will go #6.....that is, unless we (or Philly) offer up our 1st and a 3rd to move up and grab Brick (btw - I would only be in favor of giving up our 2nd 3rd round pick).

OAK WILL NOT draft an OT. They just spent a first round pick (2nd overall in 2004) on a guy who is playing well at the LT position......so why spend the 7th overall pick on another LT? At this point, I'd be worried about a team trading up for Ferguson but I think we'd be on the horn as well. I think the Raiders stay put and draft Huff.

btw - As soon as the Bills draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson, fat boy Bennie Anderson will be relieved from his jersey number and the team.
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• oldno711
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        I think there is a chance, but not too big of one. The fact is either the Saints or Jets will likely take Brick. There is also the risk of another team moving up to grab him.
        If Brick is there at 6 or 7 we better be one of those teams looking to move up and grab him. If Brick, Huff and Davis are all still on the board at 6, we could offer the Niners our 1st and our second 3rd. If they want either Huff or Davis, it makes a lot of sense for them to trade down and get whoever the Raiders don't pick. We get Brick at 6, and still have a 2nd and a 3rd to draft other needs (OG, DT, SS).

THINK ABOUT IT THIS WAY....How many people on this board would have been willing to package our #8 with Travis Henry to the 49ers for their 6th pick if Brick was available?

We could also package Clements (SF needs some CB help), and move up, and keep all our day one picks.

Comment

• oldno711
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by acehole

J Peters, Charles Spencer, MFowler, Max Jean Giles, Aaron Gibson

Run run run....
          talk about a sick O-Line......assuming Gibson can put down the fork.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

I say if dbrick falls past the Jets, he is ours.

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

talk about a sick O-Line......assuming Gibson can put down the fork.
              Allway seemed presure came up the middle on our oline...this would cut that down I would say. Then you can shift that new Blocking TE around to help either tackle pass protect.....
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• oldno711
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                I agree 100%

...I have my fingers crossed the Titans take Young or the Jets move up for Leinart.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  If somebody does not move up (i.e. Detroit), I agree.

And I have already stated that Bills should call San Fran if he does. Even if it the first 3rd, do it and get it done.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• oldno711
                    • Mar 2004

Even if it the first 3rd, do it and get it done.

Comment

• RedEyE
                      • Jul 2002

The way I see it there are 7 teams that pick before Buffalo, all who need O-lineman. The chances of him dropping to the 8 overall are slim.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Dec 2005

I wouldn't be so sure about that... Leinart is the only QB I see them taking. If Brick falls past the #2 and Leinart goes #3, we need to get on the phone with the Jets. How about the #8 and Clements for the #4 and a 4th rounder. They get Brick and someone more suited to their needs (they could even draft Cutler if they really wanted a QB), and we get the franchise LT we ened and another mid-round pick.

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

How can anything that hasn't happened yet, nor will happen for another 12 days or so, be considered "fact"?

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

If somebody does not move up (i.e. Detroit), I agree.

And I have already stated that Bills should call San Fran if he does. Even if it the first 3rd, do it and get it done.
                            Agreed. I am on the phone working a trade with the Niners during the Jets pick. They dont' take Brick and I have a trade worked out.

Comment

• oldno711
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bwbrenton
                              I wouldn't be so sure about that... Leinart is the only QB I see them taking.
                              I've actually been hearing that the Titans like Young more than Leinart. A Jets trade up or the Titans drafting Young almost ensures Brick falls to 6.

Comment

Working...
                              X