Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrington to Fins?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Harrington to Fins?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2414492

""I look forward to joining the Miami Dolphins whenever I am released or a trade is completed,'' Harrington said Wednesday in a statement issued by his agent, David Dunn. "The Dolphins are an ascending team with great coaching and I can't wait to get started. I certainly appreciate all that the Ford family and Matt Millen did for me."

"The Dolphins are offering a sixth-round choice in 2007. The Lions have been asking for a third- or fourth-round choice in this year's draft. Now, it's up to Millen to make a concession in his demands or hold up any move until June 15 when Harrington is due."

Woah...I wonder what this means for Culpepper? Are they just going to use Harrington until Pep gets better? Or is this a long term QB controversy type deal?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Harrington to Fins?

I know we have a deal in principle agreed to with him on a contract. We are just waiting for the Lions to lower their asking price or release him. He will simply start until Culpepper is ready and then be the backup.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Glad we get to face him week 2.
    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Harrington blows. He's not even a good backup. I hope the deal gets done.

Byrd.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

at first i thought it was weird that harrington would go to a job where he was the obvious second string, especially when there are so many teams who don't have legit QBs (although I suppose harrington isn't a legit QB). but then, if harrington sucks culpepper steps in and harrington just holds a clipboard and collects a check. and if he does well, he can push for the starting job and/or a raise. it's really a no pressure situation for him.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Natrix
    Yeah, I guess we should have signed Nall to be our backup.

[/sarcasm]

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

True. But if Culchoker plays like he did the first half dozen games last year Harrington could be the starter.:snicker2:
    finsrclowns

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't be surprised if Culpepper never regains is old form, and Harrington continues to suck. Then a controversy ensues and the lame fin fans final realize that they both suck, ala Flutie and Johnson.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nublar7
    Yeah, I guess we should have signed Nall to be our backup.

[/sarcasm]

Nall is an unknown. Harrington is known. Known to suck.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by finsrclowns
    True. But if Culchoker plays like he did the first half dozen games last year Harrington could be the starter.:snicker2:

well that would be a good thing for the rest of the division....
    even the Jets

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I wouldn't be surprised if Culpepper never regains is old form, and Harrington continues to suck. Then a controversy ensues and the lame fin fans final realize that they both suck, ala Flutie and Johnson.
    Let the Cleo Lemon era begin.

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

may as well give Wes Welker a shot!!!!!!! with the way culpepper played last year and the way harrington has always played, him and cleo are probably their best bets.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nall is an unknown. Harrington is known. Known to suck.
    I guess if one was to put a postive spin on things, we'd have A LOT of tape to show his negative play. A LOT of tape, so maybe the staff can help him work as kinks as our 2nd QB. He has been given a lot of opportunites to succeed with some of the offensive talent he's had in Detroit, but maybe the cliche different place/different environment will be benefiical. See, Bills fans aren't the only spin doctors when it comes to new players. j/k

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    I guess if one was to put a postive spin on things, we'd have A LOT of tape to show his negative play. A LOT of tape, so maybe the staff can help him work as kinks as our 2nd QB. He has been given a lot of opportunites to succeed with some of the offensive talent he's had in Detroit, but maybe the cliche different place/different environment will be benefiical. See, Bills fans aren't the only spin doctors when it comes to new players. j/k
    I know you're kidding with the last statement, but Phin fans are the absolute worst at spinning negatives into good! Mularkey is all of sudden a great coach, Harrington is all of a sudden an outstanding QB and so on and so on! Just had to say that because reading some of these Phin fan responses really make me laugh. It's even better if you go their site!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Finheaven is the comedy central of the internet.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Finheaven is the comedy central of the internet.
    BillsZone is like UPN. Poor programming and about to lose their network(Bills are moving to LA).

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk
    I know you're kidding with the last statement, but Phin fans are the absolute worst at spinning negatives into good! Mularkey is all of sudden a great coach, Harrington is all of a sudden an outstanding QB and so on and so on! Just had to say that because reading some of these Phin fan responses really make me laugh. It's even better if you go their site!
    What site? F'nHeaven is not the only site, it may have the largest traffic, but yet again, it's not indicative of all Phin sites, so please stay away from stereotyping.
    Almost every site has a bunch of fans that try to be positive and put a positive SPIN to things. I've been here on a regular basis.

There was a bunch of people that were waiting for the Bills to make a whole slew of moves at 12:01 at the start of free agency, cash in hands spend spend spend. When the Bills organization didn't break the bank and didn't make any blazing moves---the spin was that their sluggish start is because they may be following the Patriots model of wait and see? After the signings there seemed to be two factions---one faction was disappointed that with the bulk of cap that they didn't sign a lot of flashy players to improve the team. The other faction seemed to justify the "non-flashy" signings by deeming them as "character" guys and scoffed at the teams that tried to make multiple moves with free agency.

In regards to the current Bills QB situation, after reading a lot of the debates, I don't think I could operate heavy machinery after being so dizzy with that spin control. There's the JP followers, the growing minority of Holcombe followers, and now the Nall devotees. Nall, the greatest spin of them all. First and foremost, Nall could be that sleeping giant, and put Brady in his shadow from the gleaming diamond that was discovered in the rough, or he could still be that #3 Qb he was in Greenbay. For one second if the shoe was on the other foot, Bills fans would've blasted Phins fans if we tried to justify Nall and his potential to start as QB if it was between him Gus and Rosenfels. IMO there might be some naivete with some Dolphins fans and their spinning, but I really hope that some don't think that Bills fans are immune to be overly positive when it comes to new signings, whether it's coaching or players. We all do it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Harrington will benefit some from better coaching, but he has been battered and bruised since he arrived in the NFL both mentally and physically. Still, he may turn out to be a serviceable backup. It will be interesting to see how he does with decent coaching and a little stability.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jmb1099
    .........he has been battered and bruised since he arrived in the NFL both mentally and physically...
    I think that's putting it nicely. It's a toss up between him and David Carr on whom is scarred more from their respective situations. As I said before, who knows if the cliche new city/new team will benefit him.

Also, in regards to the contract thing, he actually agreed in priniciple a long time ago, it's just that Millen has been trying to hold out for that high pick, Harrington is just wanting Millen to let him go.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by !Papacrunk!
    I think that's putting it nicely. It's a toss up between him and David Carr on whom is scarred more from their respective situations. As I said before, who knows if the cliche new city/new team will benefit him.

Also, in regards to the contract thing, he actually agreed in priniciple a long time ago, it's just that Millen has been trying to hold out for that high pick, Harrington is just wanting Millen to let him go.
    There is no way to know, but I suspect we will witness an improvement when he takes the field weather it will be enough to carry the team or not is what really remains to be seen.
    Millen is Millen...I don't know what else to say about that situation. For Harrington's sake I hope he ends his suffering quickly