Seriously, are you confident with our QB situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Seriously, are you confident with our QB situation?

Not at all confident, I have seen nothing by way of consistency, put the blame where you please, OL, coaching, WR whatever...fact is the kid has shown quick and limited flashes. I expect to either see huge improvements or Ill be looking at 07 rd 1 and 2 for QB's.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      Not at all confident, I have seen nothing by way of consistency, put the blame where you please, OL, coaching, WR whatever...fact is the kid has shown quick and limited flashes. I expect to either see huge improvements or Ill be looking at 07 rd 1 and 2 for QB's.
      Which is fine...IF the OL is fixed.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        It's hard to see much consistency from a guy with a lousy offensive line, a horrendous coaching staff, and 8 career starts.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          It's hard to see much consistency from a guy with a lousy offensive line, a horrendous coaching staff, and 8 career starts.
          the past regime's idea of running the ball is for the qb to run for his life with the ball in his hand.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Disagree esp bc the guy showed the consistency I expeted to see with a crappy OL at Tulane. I dont buy the OL excuse, I dont buy the coaching excuses. He just looked bad plain and simple, and he looked bad in the same conditions that made him look good at Tulane, I prefer to think he was still not used to the speed of the game, and I expect to see leaps forward this season, if not its time to cut our ties.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Luisito23
              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
              • Apr 2003

Seriously, NO!...

GO BILLS!!!!
              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                Holcomb threw for 10 td's 8 ints. Not impressive at all. 68%? hell if I dumped off the ball on every play I could do that too.

Sorry, holcomb starts, we are dead from day one.

Here are Losmans stats:
                2005Buffalo Bills9822811349.613405.88588826/19715664.9

....how are they better then Holcomb?? I know you love JP, but try to be a little less one sided and realize neither QB's #s were very good, but Holcombs were better.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  Here are Losmans stats:
                  2005Buffalo Bills9822811349.613405.88588826/19715664.9

....how are they better then Holcomb?? I know you love JP, but try to be a little less one sided and realize neither QB's #s were very good, but Holcombs were better.
                  Go to NFL.com and look up the career crap stats for holcomb. he is a career loser. JP was a first year player. I dont' care if it's JP, PJ, OJ, or BJ at the helm as long as that buttclown holcomb isn't the QB.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

The only stat. I care about is wins/loss...and when Holcomb started the Bills were 4-4, when JP started the Bills were 1-7. And that win was against the worst team in the league.

Of course Holcomb had better stats. then JP, he's a better QB at this point.

Im tired of hearing excuses for JP, O-line, coaching, vets. against him, wasn't given a real shot. It's really no ones fault but his own. He was given a golden chance to play QB and he sucked.

Why is it the offense and offensive line looked 10 times better with Holcomb starting?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      JP was a first year player. .
                      Actually its a fact it was JPs 2nd year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

All of you JP bashers are far too judgmental, and closed minded, concerning a young QB with only 8 starts. With your philosophy, the careers of John Elway, Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning - to name just a few - would never have gotten off the ground.

Give the kid a chance - perhaps a whole season of starting - before you call for his scalp.

And those of you who think we are going anywhere with Holcomb need to really consider switching your interest to badminton or curling or figure skating.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm
                          I'm causitously optimistic that JP will be much improved this year.
                          agreed
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            The only stat. I care about is wins/loss...and when Holcomb started the Bills were 4-4, when JP started the Bills were 1-7. And that win was against the worst team in the league.

Of course Holcomb had better stats. then JP, he's a better QB at this point.

Im tired of hearing excuses for JP, O-line, coaching, vets. against him, wasn't given a real shot. It's really no ones fault but his own. He was given a golden chance to play QB and he sucked.

Why is it the offense and offensive line looked 10 times better with Holcomb starting?
                            why is it you can't grasp the fact that very few QBs ever look that good in their first year?
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

Let's face it. None of us know whether JP is going to be a quality QB in this league or not. He simply hasn't played enough. But based on his great physical tools, he certainly deserves a reasonable opportunity.

But what is really ironic is that some people are writing off JP after 8 starts, but completely ignoring Holcomb's 10 years of mediocrity and calling for him to start.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                                • Dec 2005

When I see a REASON to be confident in the Bills QB situation I will be.. I"ve seen NOTHING that reeks of confidence from ANY of these guys as of now.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X