Seriously, are you confident with our QB situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billscusey
    • Nov 2004

Seriously, are you confident with our QB situation?

I just wanted to get an idea of how many Zoners are actually confident with the QB's the Bills have. I don't know about the rest of you, but Losman, Holcomb and Nall don't really inspire me with confidence. With Brady at NE, Culpepper (and possibly Harrignton) at Miami, and the possibility of NY trading up to get Leinart, this season could see us seriously outclassed in the division at this position.

Thoughts?
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Seriously, are you confident with our QB situation?

My thoughts are fix the OL and we run the ball better and give JP or Nall more time. that makes for better QB play.

Fix the DL so we can stop the run, put pressure on the opposing QB which helps get us off of the field and the ball back into the QB's hands. That improves QB play.

Do those things FIRST before ever thinking about getting another QB

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I'm not quite confident but quite anxious to see what Jp can do with the right coaching staff. Hopefully we have the right one. The last one was so far over his head he almost ended JP's career by puitting him in a bad position.

If Jp can live up to his *cough* potential* Cough* , watch out. If not, we're in trouble. Then again, the same thing can be said about every qb in this draft. I see no difference between Jp nad any of the qb's in the draft.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
        WIN NOW
        • Jul 2002

In JP I trust!
        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I agree with both Ice and Justa- JP needs a real shot, and the way to do that is by fixing the OL. I'm definitely not sold on the kid, but right now he's all we got and anything in the draft is just as big a gamble. I'm willing to give him a chance, but I don't expect him to light up the league this year. Progress throughout the season is what I'm expecting- and if it doesn't happen the JP experiment should be considered a failure after this season.

As far as Miami- Culpepper is injured and won't be able to help the team. Harrington just sucks.

As far as the Jets- Pennington sucks and if they trade up to get Leinart, he won't be able to help them right away cuz QB's take time to develop (plus I'm not sold on Leinart as an NFL QB, but that's JMO).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

I'm causitously optimistic that JP will be much improved this year.

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

What is there to be confident about! I haven't seen anything from any of our QBs to make me feel confident. Not hating, just stating how it is!

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                • Jul 2002

At some point, the laws of probability must smile on our Bills.
                I am hopeful that JP is the guy.

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

heck yeah im confident

depends some on your definition but in general im positive they'll get a capable starter or better

knock him all you want but kelly holcomb completed 68% of his passes behind one of the worst lines in the league and completely without a rb or te pass catching threat. on top of that he still threw for more tds than ints, also impressive given the bad situations the bills often found themselves in

it wasnt spectacular but any way you spin it thats still damn impressive. if holcomb gets the job at any time i will be confident in competant quarterbacking when he plays

sure, im hoping he doesnt win the job because with jps skills he could be a bonafide star. flutie with a rocket lets call him. if so hed leave competant quarterbacking in the dust and i think in the long run thats more likely to happen than not

personally i dont give nall much of a chance to start right now but who the hell knows maybe marv has pulled a rabbit out of his hemmoroids

having gone through some pretty gruesome quarterback situations with buffalo id say this one is not too bad at all
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Yes. Build a better line, commit to a power running game, and let JP play, but don't expect him to be Brett Favre after 8 games.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                      heck yeah im confident

depends some on your definition but in general im positive they'll get a capable starter or better

knock him all you want but kelly holcomb completed 68% of his passes behind one of the worst lines in the league and completely without a rb or te pass catching threat. on top of that he still threw for more tds than ints, also impressive given the bad situations the bills often found themselves in

it wasnt spectacular but any way you spin it thats still damn impressive. if holcomb gets the job at any time i will be confident in competant quarterbacking when he plays

sure, im hoping he doesnt win the job because with jps skills he could be a bonafide star. flutie with a rocket lets call him. if so hed leave competant quarterbacking in the dust and i think in the long run thats more likely to happen than not

personally i dont give nall much of a chance to start right now but who the hell knows maybe marv has pulled a rabbit out of his hemmoroids

having gone through some pretty gruesome quarterback situations with buffalo id say this one is not too bad at all
                      Holcomb threw for 10 td's 8 ints. Not impressive at all. 68%? hell if I dumped off the ball on every play I could do that too.

Sorry, holcomb starts, we are dead from day one.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        My thoughts are fix the OL and we run the ball better and give JP or Nall more time. that makes for better QB play.

Fix the DL so we can stop the run, put pressure on the opposing QB which helps get us off of the field and the ball back into the QB's hands. That improves QB play.

Do those things FIRST before ever thinking about getting another QB
                        I think it all comes down to if our Oline can open holes in the running game, and if they can give who ever's under center time to survey the field.

JP looked as sharp as a knife WHEN he had time last year.

So I'll give a more valid opinion after I've seen what our Oline does during preseason.
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

I agree with Ice, JP needs a oline and an offensive scheme that fits his style of play, plus a running game that does more then dive up the middle, and a TE who can get up feild, not fall down after the catch, I have confidence in JP, he is not Rob Johnson and is way to young to be called a bum or bust
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

no you must agree with me me meeeeee

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                              no you must agree with me me meeeeee

Ummmm...No.

Comment

Working...
                              X