• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: 2006 FA Draft Peanut Gallery

Originally posted by Ebenezer
    so far, very few players have been worth the money.
    I'm not sure any are, honestly, not by the rankings anyways. The FA market in BZFL is thin.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

Which surprises me. I expected a lot more cuts, honestly.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
        I'm not sure any are, honestly, not by the rankings anyways. The FA market in BZFL is thin.
        I agree, the only problem being...owners jumping the gun. Then you have to jump the gun just to fill a short term need.

Comment

• That Guy
          • Apr 2004

This is funny because the free agent pool is gonna have the same players in it next year..

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

yeah probably.

It is gonna be interesting to see how things go AFTER this season.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

I suspect that as time goes on there will be more premium players available. the one league i was in for a few years always had a 10 and a couple of 9s available. 8s were common and 7s were very common...then again, i was not in that league at it's start.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

Mikey, I gotta tell ya I have mixed emotions about losing Spikes. He was the first draft pick in KC's history and was a hell of a player for us last year. The injury was just too much for us. With Colvin, Tatupu, and Merriman at LB he was expendable. The Super Deuces franchise thanks TKO for his great work here in KC and wish him nothing but the best in the future. Shawne Merriman was quoted as saying, "TKO taught me a lot here in my 1 year with him, I will miss the big guy. Now it is time for me to wreak havoc like he used to do in Arrowhead and I won't let him down."

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                  • Sep 2003

I'm wondering if people having this "extra" money to spend on players who aren't really "worth" that much means that the cap is really too high...
                  "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                    I'm wondering if people having this "extra" money to spend on players who aren't really "worth" that much means that the cap is really too high...
                    No, it means some GMs planned differently than others.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                      there is a little bit of that but at the same time it is only year 2...salaries have not had a chance to escalate.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        there is a little bit of that but at the same time it is only year 2...salaries have not had a chance to escalate.
                        That's what worries me. The future salaries are going to kill some teams, like me. out of curiousity tho...i know you said I can eat some of the latter years of a contract now...if I do that, does it stop me from keeping that player when their contract expires?

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

I think the real reason is everyone went into FA with at least $20 mil to spend, some people have decided to ry to wait and pay players what they think they are really worth, others have figured why not rent them for a year and go from there.

If there is one reason people are overpaying is these are all 1 year audition contracts, if people where locked into signng all FA drafted to long term contracts there nay have been no FA drafted at this point.

Since it is all make belive money its not like you are going to gain interest in the money you save or beable to invest it other ares so my belief is why not spend it, but I spent my money on guys who played all 16 games, spending FA money on guys who will miss significant time this year and then if they do perform in the NFL you have to retain at that price is more risky than gutting your current team to acquire a player of similar capabilities.

The players I have drafted are all under 28 and the 2 in the first rd where ranked as a 9 last year if they both return to form paying them $10 mil each is not a stretch by any means

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                            • Aug 2003

Eb how accurate is the last spreadsheet you sent with contracts ?? I noticed one team according to the sheets had their whoole team signed to 1 year contracts

Comment

• Ebenezer
                              Give me a minute...
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                              Eb how accurate is the last spreadsheet you sent with contracts ?? I noticed one team according to the sheets had their whoole team signed to 1 year contracts
                              that is correct...they signed everybody to a 1-year deal.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                                Give me a minute...
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                                That's what worries me. The future salaries are going to kill some teams, like me. out of curiousity tho...i know you said I can eat some of the latter years of a contract now...if I do that, does it stop me from keeping that player when their contract expires?
                                you can shave years and take the salcap penalty....but if you do that then why would you sign them again later - you would just be spending that money twice??

Comment

Working...
                                X