X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: 2006 FA Draft Peanut Gallery

I don't really care if the cap goes up or down next year. I do think, however, that we should be able to keep as many of our players as the cap will allow.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
      Mikey wouldnt know what to do with one anyway, so the answer is NO !!!!!

Mikey
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21

I stole his backup plan in Rivers too. He was also my backup plan. I had my eye on him from the day I looked over my team and FA's. He was still at the top of my list after I picked up McNabb. If Rivers plays great then I keep him for 1/4 of the price of McNabb.

Being cheap left Mikey with Holcomb and Orton as the only QB's on his roster. He still has a ton of cap money left. I bet that extra 2.5 million would've been worth it to keep McNabb now or the extra million to draft Rivers in the 3 million dollar round.

I didn't make very many friends this FA period. I strategized Mikey out of McNabb and Rivers, and I also picked up Will Allen ahead of somebody else who wanted him.

I targeted Allen and Rivers in the 13th round(the start of the 2 million dollar rounds). I made a trade earlier for a high 13th round pick and also made another one today to secure them players. I was shocked when they were both still there. I figured somebody would've taken a chance on them in the 3 million dollar rounds.

There is still one other player I want. I doubt he will be there in the 14th round when I pick next. If not then no biggie. I'm happy with the players I got. I got every single player on the top of my list I targeted this offseason besides him.

I don't have crap for salary cap room left but they will have to be filled in the 300k and 100k rounds. I'd rather have elite players starting and cheap scrubs to fill my out my 3rd options on my depth chart.

Mikey is upset he kept losing out on the players he wanted. You gotta do what you gotta do to keep or get the players you are targeting.
        best 13th round ever. I used 13 to build for the future.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          I don't really care if the cap goes up or down next year. I do think, however, that we should be able to keep as many of our players as the cap will allow.
          The cap won't go up next year...and read the constitution...there is no max limit after year 1. Next year, if you can fit it into the cap, you can save 53.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            The cap won't go up next year...and read the constitution...there is no max limit after year 1. Next year, if you can fit it into the cap, you can save 53.
            That's what I thought, but I couldn't find it in the constitution. It makes it very realistic this way. It would be even cooler if instead of a draft, teams bid on free agents.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              That's what I thought, but I couldn't find it in the constitution. It makes it very realistic this way. It would be even cooler if instead of a draft, teams bid on free agents.
              although it would be fun...my life would be a logistical nightmare.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

Re: BZFL - 2006 FA Draft Round 19 & 20 ($1 million rounds)- 5/8

Originally posted by Mikey82
                Sorry I'm late, but with our 19th round pick of the 2006 BZFL FA Draft, the Rochester Rampage look towards the future and depth on their defensive line and select.....

DE Brett Keisel - Pittsburgh Steelers

good pick.
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

good pick Mikey on keisel.

i didn't mean to spam the draft round thread.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    good pick.
                    Thanks! I know that he's a low ranking, but he should get better as he is supposed to be the starting DE in Pittsburgh this year. I like the guy and was tempted to wait for him to fall in the $500k rounds, but didn't want to risk it. I'll take him for a million.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      I like the guy and was tempted to wait for him to fall in the $500k rounds, but didn't want to risk it.

you should have.i could have snatched him from you.

Comment

• DrForbes
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                        you should have.i could have snatched him from you.
                        He was my slated pick at 4:45 today.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrForbes
                          He was my slated pick at 4:45 today.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Round 20 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

i'm going to the store......

Comment

• DrForbes
                                • Dec 2005

I figured wrong - I was thinking Calico was so far under the radar he was a .1 mil pick up. Don't know if he's going to pan but it's worth the risk. Stop doing your homework.

Comment

Working...
                                X